Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice for training at home?

Options
  • 11-08-2014 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Busy mom of 2 so not much time to get to gym! But have dumbells and a bench. Any other equipment I should invest in? Barbells? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

If the kids are off at activities or asleep then maybe some of the programmes available on YouTube might be ideal. I often do that when needing something different & it works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wannabefitmom

MattD1349 wrote: »
    If the kids are off at activities or asleep then maybe some of the programmes available on YouTube might be ideal. I often do that when needing something different & it works a treat.

Hi ya, didn't think about YouTube thanks, I will have a look. Can you recommend any good links? I do have a nike training app on my phone and it has 15min workouts up to 45min workout. It's better than nothing I guess lol! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

Hi ya, didn't think about YouTube thanks, I will have a look. Can you recommend any good links? I do have a nike training app on my phone and it has 15min workouts up to 45min workout. It's better than nothing I guess lol! Cheers

I can't post direct links as I don't have enough posts as of yet but search for home workouts, I can recommend Mark Lauren, Jillian Michaels to start off with. Also, seeing as you have kids you may have access to a skipping rope. They're quite effective & everyone played with a rope when they were kids. Resistance bands are great & can be picked up easily in most sports shops or Argos. You can also download any amount of free apps on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wannabefitmom

MattD1349 wrote: »
    I can't post direct links as I don't have enough posts as of yet but search for home workouts, I can recommend Mark Lauren, Jillian Michaels to start off with. Also, seeing as you have kids you may have access to a skipping rope. They're quite effective & everyone played with a rope when they were kids. Resistance bands are great & can be picked up easily in most sports shops or Argos. You can also download any amount of free apps on your phone.

Thanks a mill, will try those out 😊

Advertisement