Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subjects for leaving cert..

• 11-08-2014 5:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

what subjects would yous recommend doing for leaving cert?
    stuck between doing biology,accountancy , geography , business and economics can only pick 4 out of those choices.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I did accounting and business.Before picking a subject be sure you will enjoy that subject. Ultimately that will decide how you get on in that subject. I thoroughly enjoyed both accounting and business (thought I'd hate both) and because of this I feel I got on well enough in them. If you hate a subject, you'll dread going to class every day, have no interest in listening and you'll fall behind quite quickly. Because of this, I'm not going to say "do accounting and business they're so great" because for you it could be completely different.

Choose subjects that will interest you, make you want to learn more (even beyond the course) and make you WANT to go to class each day to learn something new (it sounds crazy - I know). Really that's the key to choosing the right subjects for you, and sure there'll be times you'll despise the subjects you choose, but it'll still be much better than choosing the wrong ones (for you).

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

I did accounting and im so glad I did, I really enjoyed it. it was a nice subject to study cos you werent learning off pages of defenitions or esaays, you just have to practice questions. that type of learnong really suits me, but it might not suit everyone. I also find the exam very repetetive and predictable and once you put the time in its an easy A1. I would also reccomend you do a science subject as it leaves your options open college course wise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Fiona G

I would definitely recommend biology. I find it the easiest and least time-consuming subject to study for, plus it's really interesting.
    As for your other choices, I'd go with accountancy and eeconomics. I don't take either subject, but from what I've heard from friends doing them they are some of the easiest to score highly in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

anniegirl wrote: »
    what subjects would yous recommend doing for leaving cert?
    stuck between doing biology,accountancy , geography , business and economics can only pick 4 out of those choices.

What do you like, and have you considered what you want to do in college?

Advertisement