Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thats some joke, 2 months, and no any idea when will be connected

Options
  • 11-08-2014 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

I dont know whats going on, but thats some joke, which i havent seen in any company . First time rang in 16 june to get line in house, they checked address, said it is fine, in 10 days technician booked in to complete connection, he suppose to come in morning time. After 10 days technician came, but in 17:05, said there is work for 15 min, but it is already after 17.00, as he finished work already, so need to book in another appointment. It did indeed looked strange to me, but ok, another technician booked in , who eventually didnt came at all. Rang to costumer service , they said that account was for some reason closed. So had to reopen it, and technician booked in again. Which didnt came.
    So it is 2 months over to complete line, which takes 15 min work. Is any regulator to complain about such mess? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Mar4ix wrote: »
     I dont know whats going on, but thats some joke, which i havent seen in any company . First time rang in 16 june to get line in house, they checked address, said it is fine, in 10 days technician booked in to complete connection, he suppose to come in morning time. After 10 days technician came, but in 17:05, said there is work for 15 min, but it is already after 17.00, as he finished work already, so need to book in another appointment. It did indeed looked strange to me, but ok, another technician booked in , who eventually didnt came at all. Rang to costumer service , they said that account was for some reason closed. So had to reopen it, and technician booked in again. Which didnt came.
    So it is 2 months over to complete line, which takes 15 min work. Is any regulator to complain about such mess? 
    Hi Mar4ix
    this is a bad start, and our apologies for the confusion there. Can you PM me with your landline or order number? Or if not available, then your full postal address? We will have this investigated and advise you on status.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Hi Tony, any luck with my inquiry ???

Apologies for delay Mar4ix, I am only getting to this one today. I will have update later.
    Tony

Ok, Thanks.

Apologies for delay Mar4ix, I am only getting to this one today. I will have update later.
    Tony

Ok, Thanks.

Tony
    Hi Mar4ix,
    I pM'd you and hope to be back with update tomorrow.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi, any updates in my case ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi, any updates in my case ?
    Hi Mar4ix

I'll chase this up and get back as soon as I have more information

Thanks
    Al

So far is now 4 months without internet. Managed get line in with number. And now everything standstill, as costumer service cant track or join some numbers. Once we got line, would be usefull ask some other company provide internet services??? There is number of them using eircom line. I had never seen such "fast" service. Alan, any luck to get something done ? i know that in 4 months to get line with number is great progress, how long to get internet ??? Or that's sort of mission impossible ??

Thanks in advance

So far is now 4 months without internet. Managed get line in with number. And now everything standstill, as costumer service cant track or join some numbers. Once we got line, would be usefull ask some other company provide internet services???  There is number of them using eircom line. I had never seen such "fast" service. Alan, any luck to get something done ? i know that in 4 months to get line with number is great progress, how long to get internet ??? Or that's sort of mission impossible ??

Thanks in advance
    Hi Mar4ix

I've looked in to this and I can see that your line was installed on the 26th of September. I can confirm that broadband can't be ordered until the line is tested and qualified for broadband. A line test can take up to 5 days however I have sent a request for this to be treated as urgent. I will keep you updated on progress made with this.

Thanks
    Al

Hi, any luck ? Could you please pm me UAN number?

• Advertisement

HI Mar4ix

The test has not yet completed but I will actively chase this up and hope to have more news on this for you soon

Thanks
    Al

HI Mar4ix

The test has not yet completed but I will actively chase this up and hope to have more news on this for you soon

Thanks
    Al
    Hi mate. any luck chase up those numbers ? we are desperate .... since 16 june .....

Helloo.... Anybody here ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

not even anything to do with me, but i'm frustrated on your behalf just reading this. "Line test can take up to 5 days". "Urgent request" put in over two weeks ago and still you've heard nothing.

I'm only replying to sympathise as I've been through the same with them when getting my own line installed, an absolutely farcical experience.

Hopefully the fact someone else is following thread will embarrass someone into actually sorting your problem out. I will be interested to see if, after all this hassle, they still charge you for installation. Good luck.

Hi Mar4ix

I'm genuinely sorry for the delays experienced with this, the latest update I have is that there are technical issues in testing your line as cable paths need updating - this is not common to happen however I have had assurances that this is being worked on to resolve as soon as possible. I fully understand that this is a very disappointing experience for you which I would like to assure you that I will keep chasing this up until eircom manage to get you online.

Al

Some update for people who were following this.

yey .. we got a router. ... however got only plain internet  connection ... despite home page -  saying we can get e-fiber. running some net speed test sites, got no more than 4 mb/s download side.

well, assume have to be happy after 6 months waiting, got at least something.

Hopefully (but very little though)  there will be e-fiber speed available at some point - as it says in eircom homepage it is in our address.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Sounds like a terrible experience. I feel sorry for your last six months of torture.
    Eircom have to be the worst run company in Ireland. Terrible customer service...
    Last year I tried to get eircom in my home. Similar story to yours except after two months I cancelled without anything done except line installed. I swore never to attempt to get eircom again. Also badmouthing them to anyone any chance I can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

yey .. we got a router. ... however got only plain internet  connection ... despite home page -  saying we can get e-fiber. running some net speed test sites, got no more than 4 mb/s download side.

Hopefully (but very little though)  there will be e-fiber speed available at some point - as it says in eircom homepage it is in our address.
    Hi Mar4ix

I am sorry to hear this and to read the thread outlining the difficult time you have had getting service installed. Although Efibre can never be guaranteed prior to installation and subsequent testing of the line I understand there was delays with getting the line installed and tested which should not have happened. I know you have previously PM'd a colleague but for ease of checking this for you, can you PM me your Phone number and I will look to see if I can obtain any further information regarding the availability of efibre for you.

thanks
    Colm

Hi Mar4ix

I am sorry to hear this and to read the thread outlining the difficult time you have had getting service installed. Although Efibre can never be guaranteed prior to installation and subsequent testing of the line I understand there was delays with getting the line installed and tested which should not have happened. I know you have previously PM'd a colleague but for ease of checking this for you, can you PM me your Phone number and I will look to see if I can obtain any further information regarding the availability of efibre for you.

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks Colm for your response.

I have send PM to you with phone number.

I have some education in networking, so you  may explain problems in technical terms without any problems.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi Mar4ix

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks Colm for your response.

I have send PM to you with phone number.

I have some education in networking, so you  may explain problems in technical terms without any problems.

Thanks
    No problem Mar4ix

I have just responded to your PM there,

thanks
    Colm

• Advertisement
Advertisement