Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Play downloaded movies on ipad?

• 11-08-2014 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I'm going to be very blunt with you all, I downloaded some movies online and i'd like to play them on my ipad.

I believe they have to be in MPEG-4 / MP4 (not really sure here!)

Is there any free software i can download to convert these files?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Handbrake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

I'll try it this evening, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm sure that these are perfectly legal video files, maybe tutorials or something to that effect.

Anyway you'd be mad to be bothered converting the files. Just download Oplayer or one of the other video players for ipad from the app store and they'll play the files for you. Adding files to these apps is slightly different to how you add videos from itunes. It's explained it countless youtube videos including the below one. It's a million times easier than converting though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjNBjdLDEM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

8 player app
    Try the free version 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Try VLC (Free I think ) or AVPlayer HD (€2-€3ish)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Easiest way by far is the Air Video app with it you can stream videos on your pc to your ipad & download them to you ipad from your pc it concerts the file while it downloads it

Advertisement