Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,784 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Pelvis wrote: »
    That intro was necessary, and I'm glad they did it, as it brought the timeline forward by months.

It could have been a lot shorter montage.
    With simple tagline 6 months later.
    It was way over egged even by thier normal standards.
    Nice to watch, but it felt like a promo.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I think there are people on this thread that expect BCS to be Breaking Bad and are whining here every week when there's no drug deal going down or a train to be robbed.

They inhabit the same world but they are very very very different characters who have different types of internal strife and lives.

If you cannot accept that and appreciate it for its own sake and stop expecting Breaking Bad then whats the point in coming here every week and giving out about the pacing and storylines.

They are both excellent shows but very very very different and deliberately so. Breaking Bad was plot driven with character arcs for Jessie and Walt at the Centre of the Show.

BCS is a much more subtle show with an internal struggle for all of its central characters. It is more multi dimensional.

The opening scene where they were split drove the plot on 8 months without a word being said. That's directing skill.

I really am sick of this trolling every week.

As I said before I never liked Breaking Bad: I tried watching it a few times, but always gave up. Never saw the big deal about it, and I hated Walt, Jesse, Skylar, Gus....just horrible characters, and I never cared for the actors either. However, I loved the first 2-3 years of Better Call Saul: it was my favourite show, and up there with the Sopranos, The Wire etc. Now I am complaining because the show is dragging. If I express an opinion that is contrary to yours, that's not trolling; that's me expressing an opinion about a show I previously loved and am disappointed in now. If you choose to get upset by my opinion, maybe don't react to it, or ignore it. There's space for everybody's opinion on this thread; however, when someone tries to tell me my opinion is wrong, I'm not standing for that ****.

Believe you me, if there is a good episode in the coming weeks, I'll be the first person here to praise it! I really hope it picks up again.

Peace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

I love BCS, and would have really liked BB too.

However, I do think some episodes of BCS get a lot more praise than maybe they deserve.

Last night's episode was good, but that's as far as I would go. As a previous poster said, if the episode never happened, will it really matter?

The plot didn't move dramatically. Maybe the characters did, but then again maybe they had already moved.

The montage was fine. We've seen montages used before. After South Park I always feel they are a bit of a cop-out tbh.

The show gets a lot of praise on here. Some people think its too much, and react. That's the point of a discussion board. The thread would be boring if it was just praise, or just criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭De Bhál

such a short episode - I usually get a glass of Jameson and sit down to enjoy this on a Tuesday night. I hadn't even finished the measure. That was a first :)

Not a great amount happened bar moving the whole story on timewise.

Any thoughts on what Kim's up to with all the highlighters?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

De Bhál wrote: »
    such a short episode - I usually get a glass of Jameson and sit down to enjoy this on a Tuesday night. I hadn't even finished the measure. That was a first :)

It's not that 'twas a short episode... Its that you're turning into an alcoholic... By the time BCS meets up with BB, youll be a MethHead... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Aww man, I thought the opening montage was one of the saddest things ive seen on TV for a while...the monotony and breakdown of a relationship developing right before our eyes, played out to a love song. Obviously its also there to forward time but that shot of the two in bed and kim fades to black.....:(:(:( TBH i thought it was the best thing about the episode!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

JaMarcus wrote:
    I have a feeling that something will happen that means some (or all) of the group will find out where they've been working before they leave, and Gus / Mike will have a loose end to tie up.

I think personally they are all going to be wiped out.

Look at all the security precautions Mike is taking, the roundabout way they flew them in, the warehouse, the cameras, the fact they haven't once seen the light of day. They could be absolutely anywhere for all they know.

And after all that, they know the person overseeing the project by his full name, Micheal Ermantraut?

Ze Germans are staying in that hole I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Nothing really happening at all. Almost skippable.

Nerdlingr wrote:
    Aww man, I thought the opening montage was one of the saddest things ive seen on TV for a while...the monotony and breakdown of a relationship developing right before our eyes, played out to a love song. Obviously its also there to forward time but that shot of the two in bed and kim fades to black..... TBH i thought it was the best thing about the episode!!!

It reminded me of one of the final episodes of BB where Walt is out in the desert and a flashback to the camper in season one. Then the camper fades and is replaced with the sounds of the shootout, incredibly sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Look at all the security precautions Mike is taking, the roundabout way they flew them in, the warehouse, the cameras, the fact they haven't once seen the light of day. They could be absolutely anywhere for all they know.

nothing stopping them flying them back out in the same fashion...but yeah obviously that story will give a lot more.

• Advertisement

nothing stopping them flying them back out in the same fashion...but yeah obviously that story will give a lot more.

The point I'm making though is that all these precautions are pretty pointless when they know Mike's full name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Just on the germans, was mentioned before and hinted at again this episode, that the lads are looking for a few women... for RnR purposes.
    Sh*t will probably go down when they get transported to the wh*rehouse / or when the women get transported in.

I see some sort of accident with the Germans. The foreshadowing this week with the careless driving and the tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Sh*t will probably go down when they get transported to the wh*rehouse / or when the women get transported in.

Maybe we'll see a pre-crack Wendy
    Wendy.jpg

I think possibly this crazy stationary scheme that Kim has dreamed up might be the end of her. Getting her cast off signified the end of her being tied to Jimmy and she's doing him this one last favor before they split.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Thought it was a fantastic episode. The montage at the start was beautiful, and it's great that it helped push the timeframe along. Really helped show the divide between Jimmy & Kim get so wide that it's verging on irreparable, which I'm guessing will happen before the end of the season, and possibly on account of whatever she has planned to help Huell.

Gus' flicker of emotion and joy at seeing that the old Hector is still in there was superb too. He can see Hector has healed enough that mentally he's still there, and that pulling his therapist means Hector will likely remain at or near that physical state, almost a prisoner in his own body.

Mike and the Germans, be tough to see what way that'll go. I don't think the Germans are for the chop, but I can see Mike maybe having to take one of them out to keep the rest in line and get the job done quicker.

But yeah, the episode was mostly Jimmy & Kim, and it'll be interesting to see what Kim's plan is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Any theories behind all the markers, coloring books etc Kim is picking up? My guess is
    Huell will turn up in court with them and will be made to look like a simpleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Any theories behind all the markers, coloring books etc Kim is picking up? My guess is
    Huell will turn up in court with them and will be made to look like a simpleton.

That was my first thought too but then
    Huell has already been in jail and therefore been in court. That likely would have been on his record unless Kim's plan is to say it happened as a result of an accident since then. But then you're talking about requiring medical records etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It could have been a lot shorter montage.

Even Rocky had a montage.......

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was going to state this a few weeks ago but held back. Now I'm comfortable enough in saying I think I prefer BCS to BB.

:eek:

No recency bias, I've given this a lot of thought. It's for a lot of the reasons alluded to in previous posts, the most obvious being the comparison on BCS to an arthouse movie and BB to a Hollywood movie (or words to that effect).

I await the hate - do your best!

• Advertisement

I was going to state this a few weeks ago but held back. Now I'm comfortable enough in saying I think I prefer BCS to BB.

:eek:

No recency bias, I've given this a lot of thought. It's for a lot of the reasons alluded to in previous posts, the most obvious being the comparison on BCS to an arthouse movie and BB to a Hollywood movie (or words to that effect).

I await the hate - do your best!

I'm 100% with you on this. It could be somewhat controversial seeing as BB at the time was the biggest show in the world. I honestly thought it couldn't be topped. BCS is a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

My partner thought the same and I couldn't come up with an alternative so I'm going to go along with that idea for now.

De Bhál wrote: »

If I remember correctly she was a great wan for the post-it notes and order, as well.

OF1rOQq.png

I assume she is going to trawling through all sorts of case law with her highlighters and she manages to keep Huell out of jail?

I don't think she'd need that amount of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

My first thought was that they would keep Huell locked up somewhere so he wont do a runner, and all the coloring books were to keep him occupied while he was in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I think Kim was stress-shopping stationery!

Sneak Preview Season 4 Episode 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

God I hate previews, what's the ****in point?? The worst is when they show "next week on... " previews at the end of a episode, and I end up pulling a muscle clamoring for the mouse to stop it so I don't see anything.

Pelvis wrote: »
    God I hate previews, what's the ****in point?? The worst is when they show "next week on... " previews at the end of a episode, and I end up pulling a muscle clamoring for the mouse to stop it so I don't see anything.

I never watch em. I never watch movie trailers either. They’re tailored to morons who want the whole story condensed into a two minute segment so they can decide whether to watch or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Ha, I'm the very same. I rarely even watch trailers for movies, it gives too much away. I like to go into stuff not knowing much about it.

Loved the last few episodes

Advertisement