Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Did anyone notice that Jimmy was wearing a hoodie from the University of American Samoa?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Surely its a given that the German workers will need to be dispatched now that Mike has
    told the boss man that they are in Albuquerque
    ?

It wouldn't take much for them to put 2 and 2 together to come up with their exact location.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Did anyone notice that Jimmy was wearing a hoodie from the University of American Samoa?

Yeah, he had that on in previous episodes, probably just to wind up Chuck who despised him having gotten his degree by correspondence!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

Surely its a given that the German workers will need to be dispatched now that Mike has
    told the boss man that they are in Albuquerque
    ?

It wouldn't take much for them to put 2 and 2 together to come up with their exact location.

I can see gus saying they have to go and mike deciding otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    I can see gus saying they have to go and mike deciding otherwise

I can't see Mike wiping out an entire team of people whose only crime was getting drunk. He may be a hired goon but he does have morals.

Not sure he'd continue working for Gus either if he got Victor and the other guy to do it instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

Collie D wrote: »
    I can't see Mike wiping out an entire team of people whose only crime was getting drunk. He may be a hired goon but he does have morals.

Not sure he'd continue working for Gus either if he got Victor and the other guy to do it instead.
    Agree ,they live

Maybe the troublemaker goes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

BandMember wrote: »
    Well well well..............who saw that one coming then???? Certainly nobody on this thread anyway! :pac:

I had posted a number of times that I had a feeling
    Kim's story might not be done and that she could remain on (possibly even in the background through the BB era as there was plenty of space to develop that plot/story)
    , looks like it could go that way now.....

Ahem

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108121435&postcount=2973

• Registered Users Posts: 18,784 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Oh yeah I had forgotten the Website bit - BB reference -
    Saul used the same trick to help Walt launder money on Junior's webpage (which he set up to get money for his cancer treatment)

http://www.savewalterwhite.com/ -

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

The lines on that website in the testimonial section are hilarious.

http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/testimonials.php

'...keener on Huell than butter on a biscuit'

'They just love his Moses impression!'

They even put in voiceclips from some of the congregation.

Well done on finding it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

wadacrack wrote: »
    Have a feeling Kim will get really mixed up in Saul's more corrupt side

She always has been.

Remember the scams and confidence trickster escapades she enjoyed with Jimmy so much.

She clearly enjoys that more and is bored by normal corporate work.

I don't think she really needs Saul to be corrupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I might be reading too much into it, but the way Kevin said to Paige 'You were right this time'.
    Did that imply that Kim previously showed a can do attitude and tried to see if everything was possible?
    Now she is not bothered with it and going through the motions?

I took this the same way. In the past she would have made it happen... Now, she doesn't care

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

The lines on that website in the testimonial section are hilarious.

http://www.freewill-baptistchurch.com/testimonials.php

'...keener on Huell than butter on a biscuit'

'They just love his Moses impression!'

They even put in voiceclips from some of the congregation.

Well done on finding it.

It's a great Easter Egg.

"When I had to leave for my Papaw's funeral, Huell watched my cats. He fed them and remembered to give them their medication. Oscar and Felix have sensitive stomachs and needed lots of love. Now every time he visits, they jump right on his lap." - Pauline B."

Irene mentions her two cats Oscar and Felix, when she wins at bingo in an earlier episode. Haha

Why are people using annoying spoiler tags?

Spoilers are in the thread title and surely people won't come here to the 78th page if they have not seen the show?

Anyhow, really good 8th episode. Had a bit of everything.

The setup with the letters and the phones was hilarious. The website just cracked me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That lawyer 100% knows something is still up, but it just wasn't worth her while.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why are people using annoying spoiler tags?

Spoilers are in the thread title and surely people won't come here to the 78th page if they have not seen the show?

I put spoilers on Breaking Bad stuff where it gives away stuff as some people have not seen it

To the Mods I assume that BB is not included in the general spoiler tag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Mike vouching for the German in that scene with Gus is gonna come back and bite him in the ass.

The whole team are gone as soon as.

What were the names on Nachos 2 driving licences? His and his fathers? Fakes obviously?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Nice to see Kim liking her Stereolab.

I put spoilers on Breaking Bad stuff where it gives away stuff as some people have not seen it

To the Mods I assume that BB is not included in the general spoiler tag?

Breaking Bad finished in 2013, I think you're safe.

Breaking Bad finished in 2013, I think you're safe.

Yeah it did, but there is a generation and/or people who have not seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I thought this was a better episode than last week, but still a bit draggy. Good to see Nacho back, and I want to see a lot more of his story-line, especially with this new Salamanca family member. I don't think those German lads are long for this world; this could be the event where Mike proves his value to Gus, if he wipes out the whole team of workers rather than taking a chance on them blabbing (no half measures). The Huell story is a big silly; I hope it's over. Also getting sick of Kim; her acting is so robotic! I can't stand to see her and Jimmy in scenes together now, they are so dull (she also reminds me of a cheetah for some reason: I think it's her head!).

Yeah it did, but there is a generation and/or people who have not seen it.

There's a generation and/or people who haven't seen Titanic too. Would you put spoiler tags on posts about the ship sinking at the end?

I think people should just look after that themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭BandMember

Bigus wrote: »

Indeed. I think you'll find that I was the only one thank your post at the time too.... ;) What's that about great minds and fools? :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Why's is Kim doing all this?

Kim is the one character I don't 'get' at all. Her motivations change as much as her mood. She's just all over the place and her storyline is just confusing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

A good episode in parts (Nacho's and Mike's scenes), and mixed in the rest.

Some great Nacho scenes, loved the giant artwork in his living room and his house is pretty cool. He's climbing the ladder. Couldn't see where the fake IDs were for but he's planning to run; but the arrival of Eduardo will surely put paid to that now - sadly. He's been great, and under-used in this season after being so prominent in the first few episodes. Eduardo looks like a psychopath from one scene alone - great intro and performance from the actor.

It was a nice piece of misdirection to get us to focus on Kai and think he'd be the one Mike would have to dispose of; the reality is it's likely to be Werner now, or more likely all of them seeing as you can't dispose of one and not the rest one would assume? Mike's moment of weakness/kindness letting them have some downtime in the strip club will bite him and them in their collective asses.

Kim is bored with mundane day to day banking law; she needs the excitement of Jimmy's scams and hustles to give her the excitement she craves. It's as simple as that, she's bored. Despite her success at the negotiation and litigation side, I'm not sure she's cut out for the darker elements required to do what Jimmy does (as we learn in BB).

I found they over-egged the cards/stationery/appeal thing a bit but nice little movie reference from the judge after telling Kim in a much earlier episode the law wasn't like in the movies (I'm paraphrasing, and I'm too tired to look up the exact quote). Between this week and last week's montage there does seem to have been a lot of filler material to make up the run time, or maybe I'm overanalysing here?

There's just 2 episodes left this season. I'd hope a lot will happen, but given the pace of this season, who knows? It could continue with this pacing. I'm fine either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

That was the cleverist eposode of the whole series.

Really really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Like I said a few pages back... you can trust Gilligan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

The website being active is brilliant... And if you donate, it goes to the Food Bank of Northwest Louisiana...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

There's a generation and/or people who haven't seen Titanic too. Would you put spoiler tags on posts about the ship sinking at the end?

I think people should just look after that themselves.

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Does the Titanic sink at the end??? Aw, Jeeesus!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Zero chemistry between Jimmy and Kim

In the real world she would ditch him

If it were me in the real world I'd have dumped her ages ago for the hot and cold nonsense she's been at since the start - one minute she's chastising Jimmy for his slippin and giving him the cold shoulder, the next minute she's all over him and actively encouraging it.

Once again, the Mike story was the A-plot for me last night with the Jimmy/Kim adventure being drawn out and uninteresting. Admittedly it's been a while since I watched BB, but a whole episode devoted to an elaborate scam to get a minor character off the hook? Yes it was creative for sure, but nothing we haven't seen from Jimmy already.

I said it last week but it really is starting to feel like the writers are struggling to fill the airtime. Just my 2c though - as I said, I watch this to be entertained and not so much for the artistic nuances.

Advertisement