Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kim is the one character I don't 'get' at all. Her motivations change as much as her mood. She's just all over the place and her storyline is just confusing at this stage.

I'm sure it's all about how she's morally conflicted and wanting to do the right things but struggling against her true nature, whereas Jimmy has increasingly accepted and embraced who he really is.

Yin and Yang... Or something.

I just don't like the character myself and feel she drags the whole thing down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Michelin wrote: »
    "I think the reason I’m whinging here about the show is that I’m too emotionally invested by now to stop watching it, though not fully enjoying it either. "

Your sounding like the wife. Replace show with relationship

I must admit this week’s episode was good. It’s good to see more of Jimmy the chancer, that we grew to love in BB. The German workers story line is a bit uninspiring though, but that’s my only issue this week.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Does the Titanic sink at the end??? Aw, Jeeesus!!!

Don't worry, rumours of a sequel ..
    latest?cb=20150601164059

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Very surprised how sloppy Werner was in telling some strangers about his building project!

Also, what the hell are they taking them out to a strip club for ? after all the effort to bus them around in a van, not knowing where they are etc.

I fear for these German lads, I think it will be the first WTF moment in BCS - on a scale of Hank getting shot in BB.

Fantastic show though.

Love all the different stories in it - and the trip to Louisiana at the start ! top TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    If it were me in the real world I'd have dumped her ages ago for the hot and cold nonsense she's been at since the start - one minute she's chastising Jimmy for his slippin and giving him the cold shoulder, the next minute she's all over him and actively encouraging it.

Fellas do be puttin up with a lot if they keep gettin the ride, from a good looking intelligent lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Kim is the one character I don't 'get' at all. Her motivations change as much as her mood. She's just all over the place and her storyline is just confusing at this stage.

I think Kim just doesn't know what she wants. She thought she wanted to be a successful corporate lawyer, then she hated that so she thought she wanted to be a public defender, and likes it but when Jimmy gave her the chance at grifting again, she loved the rush of it all and now she wants excitement.

That's all well and good but she's never really had to deal with what happens when the grift goes wrong which I suspect is happening next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I've been wondering about people's reaction to this show, I'm wondering if it is to do with the audience. When BB came out first it was a slow burning show, with schemes playing out over a whole series or longer. Watched by a minority of people.

Many people (especially in Ireland) got onto BB when Netflix picked it up, and the binging of tv shows allowed for the timing of these schemes playing out to happen over a day or week. As BCS episodes are released weekly, the entire audience has that need to delay gratification and let things unfold slowly.

If you think it's too slow, but do like the show - then you need to let episodes build up and binge on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Staplor wrote: »
    I've been wondering about people's reaction to this show, I'm wondering if it is to do with the audience. When BB came out first it was a slow burning show, with schemes playing out over a whole series or longer. Watched by a minority of people.

Many people (especially in Ireland) got onto BB when Netflix picked it up, and the binging of tv shows allowed for the timing of these schemes playing out to happen over a day or week. As BCS episodes are released weekly, the entire audience has that need to delay gratification and let things unfold slowly.

If you think it's too slow, but do like the show - then you need to let episodes build up and binge on it.

Really good observation

Odd seeing people's thoughts about this episode. I was one of the people who loved last week's but for some reason this week didn't do much for me. It wasn't bad, just wasn't great.

I suppose that's what's so great about bcs. It's different for each viewer. I'll be sad when this season is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Bigus wrote: »
    Fellas do be puttin up with a lot if they keep gettin the ride, from a good looking intelligent lady.

[controversial] she wouldn't do anything for me looks wise [/controversial] :p

I just don't like the character. I get that Jimmy does love her but I have never felt it was reciprocated. Their "relationship" has always seemed like more of a convenient friends with benefits thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bigus wrote: »

Tru dat.

I don't actually fancy her in the show per se. Very plain Jane - which I think is the idea. But there were some Press photos of her at the launch and Jesus Christ she looks stunning. She actually looks like a different woman completely. Further googling after that confirms same......a friend told me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

another average episode

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Staplor wrote: »

FWIW - I binged on the first 3 seasons of BB and then waited until season 4 was done before watching, same with season 5. I haven't done that with BCS and I'm enjoying it just as much.

Even while binging on BB - you would say it's very slow moving - it's Gilligans pacing of a story more than people being impatient I believe. Ultimately, if a times the show is moving slowly, you just have to trust that it will be worth it.

In the case of BB - 100% worth it, BCS - we'll see, but so far I think it's a brilliantly put together show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

... Couldn't see where the fake IDs were for but he's planning to run...

ID's said Manitoba, Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Sugar Free wrote: »

I swear I saw one of those was for Nacho's friend who got strangled a couple of episodes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Sugar Free wrote: »

The actor that plays Nacho is actually Canadian :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I swear I saw one of those was for Nacho's friend who got strangled a couple of episodes back.

Thought it was his father's No? I couldn't make it out poor broadband last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Yes it was his fathers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

That episode was a steaming pile of dung.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

ok...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,784 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Have a blessed day ;)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I did feel a bit tense when Jimmy was doing the minister routine with the solicitor, I was convinced he'd slip up somewhere and end up in serious sh1t, that whole story was hilarious.

Loved seeing the retro Dortmund jersey on Kai.

That bottle top kim was looking at was the one from Gisele and Victor scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Very surprised how sloppy Werner was in telling some strangers about his building project!

Also, what the hell are they taking them out to a strip club for ? after all the effort to bus them around in a van, not knowing where they are etc.

I fear for these German lads, I think it will be the first WTF moment in BCS - on a scale of Hank getting shot in BB.

Fantastic show though.

Love all the different stories in it - and the trip to Louisiana at the start ! top TV.

Hector, that's a very good interpretation/prediction. The shock factor would be jaw dropping. See what Mike was telling Werner?? No free pass Werner! ok, just one!!

I thought this was one of the best episodes so far. Son told me that Nacho (or rather the actor) is from Manitoba. I've a bad feeling that Manitoba is not the final destination for poor old Nacho and Dad.

All drug dealers are scum, why an I empathising with them?????

Kim kissing Jimmy in the stairwell, ok, its the thrill of the hunt. But, it seems too easy for the writers , to me. On the other hand, the whole Huel thing works for me -its the birth of Saul.

as a series, 7/10/
    most recent episode, 10/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

The shock factor would be jaw dropping.

Jaw dropping? Oh come on. It's what we're all expecting! Hanks end was shocking because it was unexpected.

People seriously losing the run of themselves in this thread.

murpho999 wrote: »
    There's a generation and/or people who haven't seen Titanic too. Would you put spoiler tags on posts about the ship sinking at the end?

I think people should just look after that themselves.

But the thing is there are nuances in BB I would not like to ruin for people.
    That was part of the fun of it.
    OK, they know the general gist of the story Mr Chips > Scarface.
    But, they don't know what the filling is between the sandwich.
    I wouldn't like to ruin that for people. who had not seen it
    I know I'd be pissed off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

The guy that was sitting in the restaurant in front of Nacho when he ripped out the ear-ring is the same guy that walt strangled in his basement with the bike lock

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1362980/?ref_=tt_cl_t10

Surprised no one here has mentioned it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The guy that was sitting in the restaurant in front of Nacho when he ripped out the ear-ring is the same guy that walt strangled in his basement with the bike lock

He's been in it since Season 2, maybe an episode or two in Seasons 2 & 3.

I thought it was assumed people know already - 'Krazy 8' wears his fathers furniture shop Tamplico t-shirt at times as well.
    In a previous episode in BB we saw a shop front that had Krazy 8 when Saul/Jimmy was doing his runners scam with Irene in the shopping mall.
    It was not said that is where Krazy 8 got his name but it just showed the shop front so you could imply it.

I think that we also could see Walt as a customer of Tamplico in any flash backs, because in the same episode you mention, Walt says he thinks he regcognises Krazy 8 from the shop.
    Walt's baby's cot was brought from Tamplico (It was written on the badge in a close up of the cot).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That was great.

I expect the Germans will all be iced and there was no plan for them to return home at all from the beginning.

Advertisement