Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Pelvis wrote: »
    Jaw dropping? Oh come on. It's what we're all expecting! Hanks end was shocking because it was unexpected.

People seriously losing the run of themselves in this thread.

Indeed, my enthusiasm for the series is clouding my judgement.

On the other hand, killing them would mean families in Germany reporting that their loved ones travelled to America and all vanished. Bit riskier than letting them spout off back home about building a secret underground bunker 'somewhere in America '.

Anyway, thanks for the reality check.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Saw this on reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/betterCallSaul/comments/9isd0i/called_the_freewill_baptist_church/
    Can call the number and you'll hear the message (I tried on google voice for free)

+1 318-426-9662

Love the detail!!
    Bob Odendirk said the last thing he needed to do for this season was record a voicemail :D now we know what for !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I’ve never seen a show with such attention to detail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Got left behind so binged 4 eps in a week although only two a sitting. Weird waiting again.

Loving it, although did think the Coati scene was very weak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I’ve never seen a show with such attention to detail!

yeah, its quite compelling from that point of view isn't it. However, I have keep stopping myself from seeing significance in even the most mundane events :pac:

of course, then I see something and realise there was a hint of it in a previous episode. you know, that "I wondered what that was about?" moment....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

yeah, its quite compelling from that point of view isn't it. However, I have keep stopping myself from seeing significance in even the most mundane events :pac:

of course, then I see something and realise there was a hint of it in a previous episode. you know, that "I wondered what that was about?" moment....

Gilligan is playing a form of chess with the viewer... I think that's great to see.. It leads to a more cerebral experience that you'd get from a less intelligently written series. While completely different, I see a lot of the Simpsons subtleties in it... Love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

When Jimmy said attorneys instead of names it was over for him the chance to name drop Howard or Chuck really didn't sit well with him he showed something no lawyer can ever exhibit Integrity.

Technically talking about Kim and how they both came up from the mail room would have worked too but that blonde was definitely a fan of Chuck, loved the bell scene nacho standing next to the lady clutching her handbag. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

That episode was a steaming pile of dung.

The dung is getting dunggier

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

The dung is getting dunggier

Dont know what episode you watched but that was an excellent episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Excellent episode. I thought the Germans were going be iced given the title of the episode. What was the truck used for at the time of the explosion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Excellent episode. I thought the Germans were going be iced given the title of the episode. What was the truck used for at the time of the explosion?
    I presume to try and disguise the sound of the explosion and the vibrations.

Magnets bitch! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Excellent episode. Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Is this season just 10 episodes again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

So Werner going to be shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Certainly looking that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

The only part of the episode that was boring for me was the German workers storyline (it was getting repetitive) but even that had an exciting twist. I think that whole situation is leading to Mike having to execute all of the workers to tie up loose ends: he vouched for Werner, and the management of the building work is Mike's responsibility, so I think to show Gus his professionalism and loyalty, there will be no half-measures with dealing with the German lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Last 2 episodes have been a lot better than the preceding 3 imo. Makes a difference when the episodes have been 10 minutes longer.

What exactly is Kim doing to Mesa Verde by changing the plans though, why is she doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

ding!

ding!
    ding!
    ding!

wow, great ep, and never saw that coming with Werner legging it!
    I actually thought he was gonna commit suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

sicknotexi wrote: »

What exactly is Kim doing to Mesa Verde by changing the plans though, why is she doing it?

Wasn't there some thing between her and her boss where she said something he wanted couldn't be done last week? I vaguely remember her saying something would take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Grayditch wrote: »
    Wasn't there some thing between her and her boss where she said something he wanted couldn't be done last week? I vaguely remember her saying something would take too long.

He wanted the new building to be the same size as the previous one, but the plans had already been sent for a smaller building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It'll be interesting how she tells them she managed to get it.

Brilliant scene, so it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Good episode this week and it feels like things are coming to a head, I thought that was it between Jimmy and Kim on the car park rooftop. I really like the new Salamanca character, the scene with him and Gus felt very on edge and like he could kick off at any second.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Mike, as ever the consummate professional, would surely have taken the passports from ze Germans and with no need for cash, Werner is hardly likely to be loaded down with dollars, he has no phone either. So how far is he going to get? It's not like WW2 and there are nazi sympathiser safe houses for escaped POWs.

And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like "Go Land Crabs!"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

g8m2synutsp11.png

The rise and fall of Jimmy McGill
    The exact spot where Huell planted the battery on Chuck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

The only part of the episode that was boring for me was the German workers storyline (it was getting repetitive) but even that had an exciting twist. I think that whole situation is leading to Mike having to execute all of the workers to tie up loose ends: he vouched for Werner, and the management of the building work is Mike's responsibility, so I think to show Gus his professionalism and loyalty, there will be no half-measures with dealing with the German lads.

I watched breaking bad a few years back and am a bit rusty on matters. I’m assuming the job the Germans are doing is the meth lab?

Is it the meth lab that the two were working in?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

sightband wrote: »
    I watched breaking bad a few years back and am a bit rusty on matters. I’m assuming the job the Germans are doing is the meth lab?

Yeah, the one under the laundry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,784 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Grayditch wrote: »

You are correct the bit at the Messa Verde meeting where Kevin hopefully asked Kim can you make the impossible possible.
    But Kim had to agree with Paige.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

sightband wrote: »

Sssh it's a secret you might get shot for knowing that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Mike, as ever the consummate professional, would surely have taken the passports from ze Germans and with no need for cash, Werner is hardly likely to be loaded down with dollars, he has no phone either. So how far is he going to get? It's not like WW2 and there are nazi sympathiser safe houses for escaped POWs.

On the other hand hes smart, very smart and could have easily had that arranged via another call or method. There was something more to that call with his wife I think. Somehow I think he'll get away but the rest of the guys will suffer because of it.

• Advertisement

I am looking forward to the answer to this scene from Breaking Bad -

with the two lads in the ski-masks (Before Saul knew who they were)

ajrfdm5.png

Where a terrified Saul says:

'It was not me, it was Nacho he's the one"

Then when he was asked to speak English (after rambling pigeon Spanish) he says:

"Lalo didn't send you. No Lalo?"

Advertisement