Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Grayditch wrote: »
    It'll be interesting how she tells them she managed to get it.

Brilliant scene, so it was.

If she tells them how, she'll be gone from Mesa Verde pretty quickly. They wanted her to see could she fix it but by the book. That was illegal.

I'm tiring quickly of the Kim story now. The whole thing doen't work for me. She works so hard to get to her position and then realises that she prefers a different type of law and jeopardizes it all with madcap plans . Would she not have figured that out doing donkey work for HHM for all those years that commercial law wasn't for her.

Overall a good episode and better than the last 2. I can't see why Mike would need to off the rest of the team but I assume Herman has to go.

Why did he go though - that doen't make real sense either. Now he won't get paid and I assume he's smart enough to understand, considering the situation they're in that he might be killed because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,784 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

De Bhál wrote: »

Overall a good episode and better than the last 2. I can't see why Mike would need to off the rest of the team but I assume Herman has to go.

Why did he go though - that doen't make real sense either. Now he won't get paid and I assume he's smart enough to understand, considering the situation they're in that he might be killed because of this.

But sure, poor Werner misses the wife.
    (26 years married and all that)

th?id=OIP.gqz-PWUcMBCAEcWGk90ByQHaEK&pid=15.1&P=0&w=296&h=167

I think his escape does make sense, because they painted him as a slightly eccentric character who gets edgy when the pressure is on him.
    I think that is why they showed the scene when he was fixing the explosive to show that he was near breaking point with the strain.

Loved the look on Mikes face not many get one over him,
    Then a look of remorse knowing what he has to do now?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Anyone notice that "Weidersen" spray painted on the underground wall?

I thought it was very Heisenberg-esque:

fenton_heisenberg_14.jpg

Anyone notice that "Weidersen" spray painted on the underground wall?

I thought it was very Heisenberg-esque:

fenton_heisenberg_14.jpg

Yeah first thing I thought of when I saw it.
    They are very cheeky putting in those little nuances, same colour style and everything.
    The team meetings for BCS must go on for ages!

My theory is:
    Maybe Werner escapes and becomes a junkie on blue meth? (same writing)

Yeah first thing I thought of when I saw it.
    They are very cheeky putting in those little nuances, same colour style and everything.
    The team meetings for BCS must go on for ages!

My theory is:
    Maybe Werner escapes and becomes a junkie on blue meth? (same writing)

no chance he's escaping Mike.

also spraying the rock they were about to blast wouldn't have been Herman's doing. He'd have to be above that kind of stuff.

(unless of course he did spray it and I missed it...which is entirely possible)

• Advertisement

no chance he's escaping Mike.

also spraying the rock they were about to blast wouldn't have been Herman's doing. He'd have to be above that kind of stuff.

(unless of course he did spray it and I missed it...which is entirely possible)

They didn't show who scrawled it on the wall.
    You are right it is probably more of s Kai thing to do.

So how does the laser thing work messing up the cameras?

and why didn't Mike's guys spot him pointing the laser up at the camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

yeah thought the escape was a little bit too easy myself.... he'd have to have been pointing the laser directly at the each camera the whole time, whilst filing through locks and opening latch doors?? also dropping the laser conveniently outside?... was a bit too un-BCS for me.
    Good episode though, enjoyed it. Especially the standoff between jimmy and kim on the rooftop.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Especially the standoff between jimmy and kim on the rooftop.

yeah that was good - good to see a bit of emotion from them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

yeah that was good - good to see a bit of emotion from them

Jimmy said "f*cking" as well !! havent heard that in an episode ..ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I think with Werner, it will be the first time Mike kills a decent guy, and he will cross a line from which there is no going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

'Kick a man when he's down'

'You're always down Jimmy'

That's gotta hurt!

She's going to help him find a work-a-round to getting his law licence back under a different name...Saul Goodman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Thammer

It's hilarious when they're praising guss's chicken

He fired away the cup when he was leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I thought the look between Nacho and Gus when Eduardo?? got up from the table was amateurish as well. Who's to say there wasn't more Salamanca hoods looking in from outside?

Jimmys t shirt in the cafe with Kim after the scam, what was it?

Loved the German national shirt in the crew, one of their nicest ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Found that episode quite tense....

Still don't think the Germans are for the chop though.

I thought Jimmy's answer to the question about inspiration was going to be "Kim Wexler", to allow him to not ascribe it to Chuck. I was disappointed with his answer:pac: Ironically (I thought) if he was insincere, he would have sang Chuck's praises to the roof. Hey, maybe that's grounds??

THe rooftop scene afterwards was excellent. Jimmy completely on the (aggressive) defensive. And still, Kim will stand by him to get him through this hoop. Its difficult to see how the inevitable breakup will be engineered.

Thought the opener was very weird. I mean, boss has change of mind, Kim can't be sacked for doing it by the book. Having said that, the playing out of the ruse was brilliant.

Thought Werner was going to be blown up, by a stupid mistake from Kai. Then thought Werner was going to top himself. Perhaps he has actually escaped**. If they catch him, I suspect they'll send him home (and not to Belize). Remember the Honduran laundry workers??? Much worse transgression, and from my recollection of it, they weren't disposed of.

Just one episode left in this series.....
    I think they're going to pad BCS out with more cartel stuff. If all I wanted was the transition, I'd be getting fed up waiting, but I like how all the little subplots are worked. So, I'm still on board.

edit: ** I mean , for good. And the more I think about it, the more I think they WILL catch him and send him packing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Surely Werner will get taken out. A pretty cool twist on things anyway. I hope he gets away for the fun of it.

No idea how the laser camera job works but I guess the laser might break/heat something in the camera and maybe it imprints the shot on the cctv screens? I'd like to know how it works too.

I'm pretty sure I saw Gustavo out in the car park of the restaurant cleaning up trash on a few occasions. Maybe it's something about cleaning up after the Salamanca's do their thing, or maybe I've gone too far :pac: Fun episode

Jimmys t shirt in the cafe with Kim after the scam, what was it?.

I believe it was a jimmy Buffett T-Shirt.
    Only ever heard of him through South Park (of all things)
    He is an easy listening singer in his 70s now.

jimmy-buffett-em-versao-south-park-1344851104298_956x500.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Buffett

I assume the T-Shirt was worn by saul to look more idiotic and harmless?

Fairly catchy stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

Thammer wrote: »
    It's hilarious when they're praising guss's chicken

He fired away the cup when he was leaving

Very Pulp fiction style as per the big Kahoona burger.

The camera iris would be overpowered by the laser and then it would damage the light sensitivite microchip , blinding the camera temporarily and causing damage to individual pixels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Thanks for that. There are so many minor details I'm reading too much into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Great, great episode - best this season IMO; and the standard has been very high. The Jimmy and Kim on the rooftop scene was the best scene this series - and that's saying something. The acting has been top notch across the board but that scene was just excellence defined. Everything from the car speeding up to the rooftop building the tension quickly, to Kim smoking anxiously as she wonders what state Jimmy will be in, to the argument, to the killer line "you're always down Jimmy" she delivers when he's giving out to her. Odenkirk can start clearing space for his Emmy now.

And then we get not one but 2 great scenes from Eduardo (with Hector and Gus). I don't think I've seen this actor (remarkably Irish-sounding name "Tony Dalton") before (I thought he was in Narcos but I was getting him confused with someone else) but he absolutely nails his greaseball character. His intro scene last week was great, but this week he surpassed himself. You just know this guy is a psycho, and that we're going to see that at some stage, possibly next week?

Agree with some earlier posters that I thought Werner was going to kill himself but it didn't happen. His signals to Mike about the guys needing sunlight and R 'n' R weren't in hindsight about them, but about him. Werner (sadly) is coming to a bad end when he's found - and he will be found; which again then asks what happens to ze rest of ze Germans? They're likely all getting waxed at this stage.

I try and watch all of these twice before jumping to the next episode but I've fallen behind in recent weeks. Will likely do a full rewatch next week when Ep. 10 drops. Seriously p*ssed off I'll have to wait another year for S5 though. :(
    I'm jealous of people who've never watched this....lol. I know I said this recently but for me BCS is now superior to BB, and with episodes like this I really can't wait to see where we're going.

• Advertisement

This fella does good reviews, I find it amusing that he sounds like a character from the Sopranos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

And then we get not one but 2 great scenes from Eduardo (with Hector and Gus). I don't think I've seen this actor (remarkably Irish-sounding name "Tony Dalton") before (I thought he was in Narcos but I was getting him confused with someone else).

I though the same, was certain he was Gustavo in Narcos, checked as soon as the episode finished!

Thanks for that. There are so many minor details I'm reading too much into it!

haha, no I'm the world's worst for that.

Only ever heard of him through South Park (of all things)
    He is an easy listening singer in his 70s now.

jimmy-buffett-em-versao-south-park-1344851104298_956x500.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Buffett

Fairly catchy stuff :D

Wow, that takes me back, I remember listening to him in the 70's.

Looks like I'm out on a limb with my prediction for the Germans - including Werner. Even that review that gormduhgorm posted is hinting they're gonners. But, I'm still not convinced they're doomed. I still think there's precedent, albeit from BB. And remember, Mike has a thing about 'his' guys.

If Werner is wasted, then it's probably a cert that the rest will follow when the job's finished. Nope, still can't see it.

Can't wait for Tuesday now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,396 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Didn't quite get the blueprint scam.

Didn't quite buy Jimmy's rant at Kim either, felt kind of written in.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Some brilliant stuff, but other lines aren't really working, are they?

Kim has been losing all interest in anything to do with Mesa Verde for months now. Why and how would she gather up the passion (with Jimmy) to come up with a stunning plan like the swapping of the blueprints? And the perfect execution of that plan? Makes no sense at all.

Werner escaping was not realistic either. Nothing about it was. Sure he gets irrational and I'm sure he feels he must get out - but had he not just proven that he can actually overcome his panic attacks and irrational thoughts while fixing the explosive wire? And a very well thought out and executed escape plan, but no way and no means to get out of the country? And the money he is paid (millions - he can retire with it) and the hush hush factor is so high, that he must realise the implications if he gets caught. And the implications for his men and their families even if he doesn't get caught. Makes no sense at all.

Unless I'm missing something major here - thoughts?

unkel wrote: »

Kim has been losing all interest in anything to do with Mesa Verde for months now. Why and how would she gather up the passion (with Jimmy) to come up with a stunning plan like the swapping of the blueprints? And the perfect execution of that plan? Makes no sense at all.

Werner escaping was not realistic either. Nothing about it was. Sure he gets irrational and I'm sure he feels he must get out - but had he not just proven that he can actually overcome his panic attacks and irrational thoughts while fixing the explosive wire? And a very well thought out and executed escape plan, but no way and no means to get out of the country? And the money he is paid (millions - he can retire with it) and the hush hush factor is so high, that he must realise the implications if he gets caught. And the implications for his men and their families even if he doesn't get caught. Makes no sense at all.

Werner's escape requires a bit of suspension of disbelief I suppose.
    However, it is no more far fetched then fellas exploding things under ground and no one notices a thing...
    By thier usual pace it is a bit rushed.
    But I am all for stuff happening so I can't really complain on that score.
    Like you though I don't get the Kim story line at all - her character is not very consistent, unlike Jimmy's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

unkel wrote: »

Kim has been losing all interest in anything to do with Mesa Verde for months now. Why and how would she gather up the passion (with Jimmy) to come up with a stunning plan like the swapping of the blueprints? And the perfect execution of that plan? Makes no sense at all

Doh... for the big mesa verde retainer/ salary, which she can use to enable her and jimmy's fantasies.

One cat out of the bag stroke like that will get her at least two years earnings doing drudgery with no results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

The Kim character is awful really. Her relationship with Jimmy seems very fake too. I know its the intention of the writers to portray this but it just seems a bit much

Advertisement