Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Why can't people say "I like/don't like that episode" and just leave it there? I'll never understand this. At this stage, every week you have half of this thread coming on saying, "This is genius and if you don't like it you're obviously not intelligent enough to realise it..." and the other half saying, "This is boring and you don't really like it even if you say you do." Are people that insecure that they're incapable of having their own opinion, or allowing someone else to have theirs, without having to imply there's something wrong with someone who doesn't share it? For the record, no matter how good your point is, when someone posts like that (praising or criticising) I stop paying attention to everything you're saying immediately because it's such a weak, insecure standpoint to come from.

I like this show. I've enjoyed all of the episodes this season. I look forward to them every Tuesday, it's my treat at the end of the day every week, and I'll miss it when it's over. If you don't have that experience, that's fine. I hope you have something else that you enjoy in its place that can fill that spot in your life, because it's nice to enjoy things. There's nothing wrong with me or you if we don't like the same things.

This thread is class when people are coming in offering valuable Easter eggs hidden in the episodes or discussing character motivations/theories. Can we get back to that? We all know where everybody is coming from individually on the like/dislike scale by now, the point has been well and truly made there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,784 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just found this fella who does really in depth analysis of BCS.

He is discussing the themes of 'switching gears' in the show.

He sounds like he should be one of the writers.

Good analysis on Werner and similarities/differences to Walter White.

He has an interesting take on the yellow graffiti as well.

Also a mad theory on Lalo/Kim.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Good review here that I fully agree with.
    http://www.tn2magazine.ie/better-call-saul-season-4-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

This is boring and you don't really like it even if you say you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

I prefer Gus's hair when he was younger. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

If you're going to go down the aging route, poor Mike won't stand a chance :D

You have to let go of the aging thing. That's not telling people how to enjoy it, it'll just ruin the whole thing for yourself. It's a given that the actors will look older now than in BB. Better they look older than they get a younger cast to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Really enjoying the whole building the Lab thing.

Hated the ridiculous Chuck character, Delighted they finally got rid of him.

But the thing that that really grated with me:o . As someone who has had cause to cut through padlocks, there is no way ze German cut through those padlocks with the broken hacksaw blade shown on the ground, in the time we,ere supposed to believe, while pointing a laser at the CCTV cameras.

:rolleyes:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That’s absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

That’s absolutely brilliant!

Some very interesting thoughts on that last episode. A lot of it makes sense but a lot of it sounds rubbish (I may be wrong though).
    Well worth a listen though.

If you're going to go down the aging route, poor Mike won't stand a chance :D

You have to let go of the aging thing. That's not telling people how to enjoy it, it'll just ruin the whole thing for yourself. It's a given that the actors will look older now than in BB. Better they look older than they get a younger cast to play them.

I know I am ruining it for myself but I just can't help seeing it now.
    As for Mike's age I have written him off as old anyway because he is Pop Pop.
    A geriatric hit-man.
    I suppose they would not do any editing or Computer Generated Imagery because it would not be 'true' to the show.
    For example Boardwalk empire used loads of CGI and I never really noticed that it was not real.

I know in BCS used some already but they could do with using it to make the actors look a bit younger ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Mind blown:eek:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I'd love if they introduced some mad story, like Mike going through a phase of cross-dressing, but he had grown out of it by the time we met him in Breaking Bad. Just to totally f*ck with fans :pac:

scotchy wrote: »
    Mind blown:eek:

The fact he even thought them up an analysis stuff such as where people are standing.
    Mad stuff.

He must be a a nightmare to go to the cinema with though! :D

It will be interesting to see how much he gets right and gets wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

This show has gotten so boring, only continue watching because of the time investment already made.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I see a familiar pattern emerging on this thread. Someone posts how well the show is made/written/acted, the intricate storylines, character development, references to the breaking bad universe....someone comes along and says it’s boring.

Great thread altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't understand watching 4 seasons of it if you don't like it. I stopped watching Walking Dead and Preacher during their second seasons because they we really boring to me. Can't imagine going any further with it than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't understand watching 4 seasons of it if you don't like it. I stopped watching Walking Dead and Preacher during their second seasons because they we really boring to me. Can't imagine going any further with it than that.

I managed to get half way through season 3 of the walking dead, from what I have read since it seems like I got out at the right time.

I can't understand why anyone who watched breaking bad can complaint about BCS, its probably the most gripping show on TV at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I see a familiar pattern emerging on this thread. Someone posts how well the show is made/written/acted, the intricate storylines, character development, references to the breaking bad universe....someone comes along and says it’s boring.

Great thread altogether.
    Someone says something and someone else disagrees shocker.

Great thread altogether.

That is how the world has been the last 5 or so years.
    Have you been living under a rock?

I'd love if they introduced some mad story, like Mike going through a phase of cross-dressing, but he had grown out of it by the time we met him in Breaking Bad. Just to totally f*ck with fans :pac:

Hahaha that would be fantastic!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Hahaha that would be fantastic!!!!

mike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Someone mentioned the problem with the actors themselves aging.

Yeah its pretty obvious in them all. The worst to me are Huel and Mike. I've always thought as BCS progresses, there are little subtleties used to hide this. Like how many scenes are shot in poor light. But the only time I really did a double take was when Mike came out of Werner's trailer after discovering the note. He appeared to stumble off the bottom step. And of course he doesn't break into a run, he tells his sidekick to do that! Hope he'll be ok for the next (and presumably final) season. Its one thing realising the frailties of characters you like, but its completely different having to think about that for the actors who play them. I feel like if I met any of the actors, I'd be thinking we somehow had a shared experience in BCS/BB, whereas most likely they'd tell me to " F.O its only my job".

Anyway, that's me out for a couple of days. I never watch on tuesdays, so not going to risk seeing anything here :).

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

"I will do everything in my power to live up to the name McGill."

"I will not be practicing under the name McGill."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Next season has to be the last, not sure how much further they can stretch it from here. Like others, I'm just watching out of time already invested at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

The show is extremely slow passed. The intro in the final episode (Chuck) seemed to drag for instance. Also found the Kim and story to move painfully slowly. Lalo has added a bit thankfully and the Mike Werner situation was good to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

You can find posts from me in this thread from season 2 where I was thinking it was too slow but I really enjoyed season 3 and I thought the 4th was superb. Probably my favourite active show at the moment.

Loved that finale. I can see season 5 being the last, all the pieces are nearly in play for BB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Outstanding season

Exceptionaly well written

However..... if it is to go longer than the next season then they must go post BB IMHO. I think the next season should tie up Pre BB loose ends then skip to post.

Gene most definitely has a story to tell

It’s all good man.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Not really much of a cliff hanger at the end of a season was it?
    I kind of just watch it now as a time filler. As a season finale that was a big let down and wouldn’t have me eagerly awaiting the next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Lalo is a smart bastard. Wonder will the milkshake guy sue for whiplash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Lalo is a smart bastard. Wonder will the milkshake guy sue for whiplash.

And possibly employ Saul Goodman!

Advertisement