Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I prefer Gus's hair when he was younger. :D

I prefer it in the Usual Suspects or Bob Roberts.:pac:

Great episode, will write my thoughts later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Brilliant stuff. The final form of Saul and Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Grayditch wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff. The final form of Saul and Mike.

Mike was for the chop too until he volunteered himself is my understanding. Am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mike was for the chop too until he volunteered himself is my understanding. Am I right?

I would imagine it's very possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Werner really thought he could go on holiday and come back? He really had no idea who he was dealing with. He was chilling like this:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great finale, the turning of Mike and the conversion of Jimmy to Saul Goodman. I take it Werners men and possibly wife will be disposed of.
    A great ending to a strong season.

Great finale, the turning of Mike and the conversion of Jimmy to Saul Goodman. I take it Werners men and possibly wife will be disposed of.

I understood Gale to be the new lead on the team. He's such an annoying nonce btw, great actor David Costabile, was brilliant in Billions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Having been disappointed with the previous few episodes and reading here earlier I wasn't expecting much... But I must say...
    What an episode!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I did not read it like that,just Werner for the chop.Frings was not open to persuasion and simply wanted Mike to volunteer to do the job.:)

Cracking finale!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

I understood Gale to be the new lead on the team. He's such an annoying nonce btw, great actor David Costabile, was brilliant in Billions too.

He's the head chemist, we've seen him before in BCS in the university chemistry lab.

Found it interesting that the German ran into problems ,by somebody just doggedly following orders , bit of historical karma there.

The speech by Jimmy to the young ex shop lifter really set up the last scene.
    Saul Goodman is now licensed for another while and is out to do the system for as long and as much as he can get away with it , because Jimmy has realised there was never a way Back with the establishment on fair terms .

'Saul Good Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Ryann Red Sorrow

Mike assured Werner that his men would be taken care of.....now that could mean either way.....really that was up there for a sad scene with Hanks death, but it was inevitable he wasn't going anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just finished and I'm sorry but that was extremely poor as a season finalé.. with the exception of the hearing and aftermath I had zero interest in the Jimmy/Kim story - just the same go around yet again with the expected result.
    Kim again looking shocked/disappointed at the real Jimmy *yawn* - we've only been here several times before. She disapproves but then encourages it for her own need for excitement.. really don't like the character. Adds nothing to the show IMO.

Mike as usual was the A-story here, and like Jimmy he's now setup for the role we see him play in BB.

Honestly.. they could end the series right here and it'd be a perfect intro to BB. I genuinely don't see what else they can drag out of this that will add anything to either show at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

I want another season but actually agree that the show could be finished here and it would be grand. Obviously the Lalo saga will be a main plot point next season.

Why did Mike say Werner told Lalo nothing when Lalo knows they are building something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I want another season but actually agree that the show could be finished here and it would be grand. Obviously the Lalo saga will be a main plot point next season.

Why did Mike say Werner told Lalo nothing when Lalo knows they are building something.

To save him from execution at the hand of Frings?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭Muscles Schultz

A poor episode to a poor series in a poor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

He didn't say that Werner said nothing, he said nothing important. He revealed nothing of where it is, that it was underground, etc. only that they were building something. I'm sure the Salamanca's are already aware that Gus is doing something, so this doesn't really provide them anything.

Anyway, I thought that was a good ending to the episode, but a lot of the rest of it was pointless and boring. I skipped through the Karaoke, and stopped paying attention to scenes without Mike in them.

What the hell is Kim's deal now anyway? She uses Jimmy to help her commit fraud against the planning authorities to get Mesa Verde a bigger bank than they applied for, and now she's suddenly surprised that Jimmy is not a reputable character? The whole episode was about scamming and shamming the bar association, in fact the last few episodes have centred around this theme. I just don't get the character anymore, and have no idea what the writers are doing with this arc.

Overall I think the season was so-so. For me, not a patch on the previous ones, and just way to drawn out. This whole season could have been done in 2 or 3 episodes, and then get on to where BB starts by the end of it. This should have been the end really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

How could they just finish it here as a lead in to BB?
    No resolution to the German story? No ending for Lalo? Nacho? Kim?

I can understand Kim's shifting on her moral compass at times. For Jimmy to go from that Chuck speech to Saul Goodman in the corridor with No feeling or remorse is poor indictment of his moral fibres( which is why we love him)

Yet Kim gets lambasted for questioning them.

( leaving myself open here):-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I love it! Saul Goodman!

It gets you asking questions throughout the series, what's the point in this or that, and then just ties it in so well.

For me it's about the characters. Where Hector got his bell. How Mike, who cares so much about his granddaughter, becomes the guy who cleans up after yet one's overdose. How does he get so cold. That's what the German guy's escape was about.

I don't want it to end. By the time BB was over there were talks of a spin off. Now when BCS is over, is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mousewar wrote: »
    What's the story, is there anyone who gives a flying f*ck about how they built that underground lab? Not once during BB did I think "Huh, I wonder how they built that".
    I always did, I was posting about it a while ago asking how he knew how big to make it since Gale was seemingly not involved. I was glad to see him appear again. I am fascinated reading about busted drug labs & operations, smuggling tactics etc.
    Keplar240B wrote: »
    This is boring and you don't really like it even if you say you do.
    So you are calling people liars, yet I expect people might get in trouble if they called you a cunt for doing so.

Pelvis wrote: »
    Someone says something and someone else disagrees shocker.
    I actually am pretty shocked that people still watch it when they claim to think it is utter crap. I feel sorry for those who feel they have invested too much time or whatever, I would hate not to be just able to let a program go. But the other freaks who claim to have thought it was crap all along, just trolls I suppose.

I wonder why they bother, are they trying to convert people? to show them the errors of their way? will they take pleasure if they convince somebody else to hate it? I can see why say a vegan might actively want to change peoples mind, but this is just pure odd, freaky oddballs.

I expect to see such obviously exaggerated crap in threads like "which is the best ketchup, heinz or chef". OTT crap like "chef is manna from heaven, heinz is utterly vile". Totally exaggerated crap, and that goes for the OTT praise too. But a thread like that is meant for arguments, if I see a thread generally about marmalade, in a food forum and not after hours, I do not go in saying I hate it and seemingly trying to convert others.
    Lalo is a smart bastard.
    Not so smart following Mike in that car that stood out a mile.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »

Not so smart following Mike in that car that stood out a mile.

What was it? A Dodge Charger? Mike's Chyrysler would pique my interest more. They needed something that could ram milkshake man through the barrier as well.

Lalos disappearance up over the ceiling and across down to a braced gun posture was a lot less believable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I love it! Saul Goodman!

It gets you asking questions throughout the series, what's the point in this or that, and then just ties it in so well.

For me it's about the characters. Where Hector got his bell. How Mike, who cares so much about his granddaughter, becomes the guy who cleans up after yet one's overdose. How does he get so cold. That's what the German guy's escape was about.

I don't want it to end. By the time BB was over there were talks of a spin off. Now when BCS is over, is that it?

I cant see the scope for any more spin-offs. I really liked BCS S01-S03. This season has focused a lot on the little things and that was OK, but I found it dragging a lot. That finale was bland enough for a finale: little or no suspense or excitement. The next season will have to focus more on the post-BB world of Gene to bring it all to a conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What was it? A Dodge Charger? Mike's Chyrysler would pique my interest more. .
    It's not even just the car, the fact he was driving right up behind him, then swerving out at the back of that jeep, and then follows him into the car park! has he never seen a fecking film before!!! that is not how a smart man would tail somebody!

who did he think he was following? a clueless "layman"?

Maybe they do want him to appear like a bit of a reckless loon, maybe overly confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Pity the Western Union guy was killed ... he's not in the game ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I thought it was a very good episode, and I am looking forward to what happens next with Mike, the Germans, Lalo, and Nacho: maybe even Tuco getting out of jail. I couldn't give a **** about Jimmy; I think I liked the first couple of seasons because Jimmy could be charming and likeable (as we saw in the first scene of this episode with Chuck) but now he is a piece of sh*t and not in an entertaining way. I don't particularly like Kim because she sticks by Jimmy and their relationship is now the least interesting part of the show. Maybe things will become a bit more entertaining when Jimmy starts taking on scumbag clients, but Kim is a pointless character now: she has no place in the show. I still don't like Gus, nor the actor who plays Gale (hated him in the last season of The Wire), but there are enough things going on to keep me interested.

We do know how most characters end up in Breaking Bad, but there could be a lot of in-between stuff especially with Lalo and Nacho. If Jimmy/Saul referenced Lalo ("did Lalo send you?") in Breaking Bad then that means Lalo was still alive then, so he won't be going anywhere. Nacho is still spying for Gus, and even he was mentioned in BB so I'm assuming he doesn't end up dead. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

It would be cool if the next season was the last, and they did half of it in the current timeline, and jump ahead for the other half to the Gene timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Loved Jimmy's speech to the girl. Thats him right there. Thats the resentment, the hurt, the tears in the car park. He'll never be accepted.
    As the abba song ended pre credit...."but i was a fool, playing by the rules". Jimmy followed the rules and still got rejected.
    The winner does indeed take it all, and for jimmy how you win doesn't matter...its all good man!

I enjoyed the season anyway, looking forward to next year already! Its just such a well acted, well written series for me. Maybe my stand out scene was the future gene one in the taxi. Brilliant tension... Fantastic tv imo.

Only thing i didnt like in this episode is lalo driving through the barrier....surely they be on the car plates for that...and especially him killing the kid in the money wire shop. Hes on cctv!! Hows he gonna get away with that?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Pity the Western Union guy was killed ... he's not in the game ...

I assumed he had just been knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Maybe Lalo will be pulled up on charges, and need a lawyer. Nacho may recommend Jimmy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,784 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Werner really thought he could go on holiday and come back? He really had no idea who he was dealing with. He was chilling like this:

giphy.gif

Where they placed Werner was deliberate lounging in a pool similar to Jimmy in Season 2 Episode 1 when he was hiding.

Better-Call-Saul-S2E1-Jimmy-600x338.jpg

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I thought the prologue with Jimmy and Chuck doing "the Winner takes it all" Karaoke was great and showed the previous close relationship between the two brothers and great dynamics between the two with Jimmy dragging a reluctant Chuck up on stage and then Chuck taking over the singing and Jimmy slipping into the background happy that Chuck was enjoying himself and finally Chuck looking after his drunk little brother getting him tucked up in bed with a glass of water and a bucket beside the bed and deciding to stay in Jimmy's apartment to cook him breakfast.
    I'll be missing my weekly fix of this show for the next 12 months. It will be interesting to see if we get one or two more seasons I'm hoping the latter! In my eyes it'S'all GoodMan :D

Advertisement