Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Thought it was a great finale to a great series, the haunted look on Mike's face when he realised he had no other option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Going to watch the whole thing at some stage, wish I knew the link earlier!

The bass player is Mr. Burns/Smithers/Flanders and a few others in the Simpsons too.

The films 'A Mighty Wind' and 'Best in Show' that McKean's in are well worth a watch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭BandMember

The bass player is Mr. Burns/Smithers/Flanders and a few others in the Simpsons too.

The films 'A Mighty Wind' and 'Best in Show' that McKean's in are well worth a watch too.

I thought everyone knew those connections? Certainly before the finale of Season 4!! :confused: Harry Shearer is the bass player you refer to, usually funny in anything he turns up in.

I liked McKean in Tap, A Mighty Wind and other stuff I saw him in, but I hated him as Chuck. But I guess that's actually a compliment to how great his acting was to portray the character....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Werner really thought he could go on holiday and come back? He really had no idea who he was dealing with. He was chilling like this:

giphy.gif

It actually reminded of Milton at the end of Office Space.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

[quote="uncommon_name;108312419"

FYI, I love it now. Best show out there at the minute in my opinion.[/quote]

Peaky blinders is number 1 imo. Bcs a xmclse 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Next season could conceivably overlap with the beginning of Walter's career. For example, Nacho could have to deal with Krazy 8's disappearance. On the other hand, something has to happen and a bit more time has to pass before "Domingo" can believably transition into Krazy 8.

Had to capture these frames

https://imgur.com/a/C8NZKox

Gotta love the cinematography of BCS and BB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭BandMember

I think that we're all agreed that Mike has been the star of this season and I would hope that Jonathan Banks picks up a pile of awards for his performances, excellent stuff.

If they were to extend the BB franchise further after BCS, I think a prequel of Mike's backstory from when he started out being a cop, then a corrupt cop and on to the BCS/BB era, this would probably be their best option. However, they would obviously have to recast the character with a younger actor and would that really work??? I have my doubts..... So, BCS will probably wrap things up permanently when it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

sightband wrote: »
    I’ve found the Kim jimmy relationship to be totally unbelievable from the outset. They seem wholly unsuited to one another both on and off screen. Their onscreen interactions seem strained and extremely tedious at the same time. The script writing when they are together is horrible and I don’t know if its an intentional gag to highlight that they are not suited to one another but I could throw the remote at the tv every time they had that “Thai food tonight?” “Sushi tonight” etc. ongoing conversation in so many episodes. Their apartment scenes looked utterly miserable, dark, two of them moping about.

Surely as viewers we should feel some degree of sorrow for them both splitting, i don’t think many will. It’s horribly bleak watching.

I think like life with Skyler, maybe these 'important women' to vinces characters are supposed to represent boredom/the path most travelled/mundane existence, we're supposed to get excitement from the things these men do in the shadows of their partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Before reading any of this weeks posts, I'm just going to say "I'm in shock".
    Just finished watching this week's episode.

Never really thought they'd eliminate Werner. Although Mike was more than reluctant, he really didn't have a choice. At least he got to save Margrethe.

And Jimmy....oh,Jimmy. I always felt Jimmy was a flawed diamond, rather than an out and out knacker. Well, he played me for a fool. Got to say, discussing the episode this evening after watching it with my son, and I think Bob Odenkirk is a brilliant actor.

My God, Lalo is a walking powder keg. I wonder did he do away with the guy in the money transfer place? And, there's going to be video of both him and Mike in the place. Or perhaps this will just go away as an incident.
    With Gus guessing who was on the phone to Werner (which probably tipped the scales against Werner), and Lalo's surveillance of Gus's operations, there's bound to be a few episodes out of that.

I think we know what's going to happen with Kim. After all, the Jimmy revealed this evening wasn't someone she could remain with.

Need to let it soak in now, followed by a re-watch later in the week. Seemed like there was so much to take in this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I was waiting for the muzzle flash on the horizon shot, very satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

That shot was just so beautifully done, absolutely amazing looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

beardo81 wrote: »
    That shot was just so beautifully done, absolutely amazing looking.

I loved the whole scene. It played out with beautiful tension, even though we knew the outcome. BCS at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'd imagine the security camera recording was taken away/destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

So, next season Lalo gets offed and enter the Tuco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't understand watching 4 seasons of it if you don't like it. I stopped watching Walking Dead and Preacher during their second seasons because they we really boring to me. Can't imagine going any further with it than that.

Ha!!! Some of us watched 6 seasons of Lost to the bitter end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Jimmy's 'anonymous' donation of Reading Library.... I think I know where that came from

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It makes more sense now why Mike just wanted to stare at the sunset.

c53eag2xwcr11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

BandMember wrote: »
    I think that we're all agreed that Mike has been the star of this season and I would hope that Jonathan Banks picks up a pile of awards for his performances, excellent stuff.

If they were to extend the BB franchise further after BCS, I think a prequel of Mike's backstory from when he started out being a cop, then a corrupt cop and on to the BCS/BB era, this would probably be their best option. However, they would obviously have to recast the character with a younger actor and would that really work??? I have my doubts..... So, BCS will probably wrap things up permanently when it ends.

I would hate to see him recast, I think another spin off would be pointless, it was brave doing BCS in the first place - what other interesting thing would there be ?
    Gus backstory ? we have enough here to make it interesting, who cares about his young days in Chile ??

Coati story was enough :)

The last "season" (probably will be like BrBa 2 mini seasons) will be packed, there won't be much filler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I'm not sure why BCS needs to wrap up anything yet. It took 4 seasons for him to become Saul Goodman, they could easily do another 4 as Saul Goodman, if they wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Pelvis wrote: »
    I'm not sure why BCS needs to wrap up anything yet. It took 4 seasons for him to become Saul Goodman, they could easily do another 4 as Saul Goodman, if they wanted to.

I get the feeling there is going to be a show that picks up after Breaking Bad, maybe not Saul, but something.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Akrasia wrote: »
    So you didn't really watch it but think it was boring anyway

Can we have a separate thread for people who watch it BCS while also playing angry birds and watching conor mcgregor clips on youtube?

I thought it was boring, so stopped paying attention to it. Very different to what you said. Try opening your eyes and comprehending what was said, before you respond in an inaccurate manner in future.

Can we have another thread for people that only want a one way discussion, only see what they want to see, and make up things about people that disagree with them?

Was Werner the first "good guy" that Mike had to kill? I assume up to that point he had only ever killed people he felt deserved it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mloc123 wrote: »
    Was Werner the first "good guy" that Mike had to kill? I assume up to that point he had only ever killed people he felt deserved it?

I was thinking about that, was the last person he killed not the guy that killed his son?...and that was the first.
    I seem to think that he goes out of his way to not kill?
    I could be way off on that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭bren2001

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was thinking about that, was the last person he killed not the guy that killed his son?...and that was the first.
    I seem to think that he goes out of his way to not kill?
    I could be way off on that

Sure he was trying to convince Gus to not kill him.

It seemed clear enough to Mike that he killed him because he knew he had too or he was gone as well. Presumably this is the turning point for his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mloc123 wrote: »
    They only have the 2 cops and Werner listed on this page.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_killings_by_main_characters

They even have Chuck down as a kill count of 1, himself.

I thought it was boring, so stopped paying attention to it. Very different to what you said.
    sounds like much of a muchness to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Absolutely loved the shot of Mike shooting yer man

Yeah, felt a bit religious or something with the stars/something about wise men.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Presumably this is the turning point for his character.

That is the way I took it... up to now he is a 'good guy' mainly bending the rules a little, but killing an innocent man is the turning point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

If the Salamanca's notice that Mike was the guy who had Tuco put in jail, then he will have to get Stacy and his grand-kid out of town. They had already threatened Mike's family to get him to say the gun the cops found when Tuco was arrested was his, so they know about his family and where they live. He will be fully committed to Gus without them around, I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The great thing about Lalo is that unlike Victor and Tyrus (Gus' henchmen) and the Salamander Twins who all have that similar quiet dead stare intimidation thing, Lalo is to total opposite he's chatty, smiley and still 100 times more intimidating.

Advertisement