Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

But the entire concept of the show was to show us how Jimmy became Saul and having mike in the show also kept the Gustavo part in it otherwise it would have been fairly dull

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

OmegaGene wrote: »
    But the entire concept of the show was to show us how Jimmy became Saul and having mike in the show also kept the Gustavo part in it otherwise it would have been fairly dull

Indeed... But what does Sol have to offer as a character?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Small aside: I caught a few minutes of Malcolm in the Middle earlier. Don't think I've seen it since I started on BB 4/5 years ago. Was weird seeing Brian Cranston as just Hal instead of Walter White.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

JeffKenna wrote: »

463967.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Collie D wrote: »
    Small aside: I caught a few minutes of Malcolm in the Middle earlier. Don't think I've seen it since I started on BB 4/5 years ago. Was weird seeing Brian Cranston as just Hal instead of Walter White.

I'm waiting for someone to do a BB/MITM mashup with scenes from both shows. It would be a thing of beauty with Hal White

Breaking Malcom

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Never mind it’s all good man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Collie D wrote: »

I used to love MITM but i physically can't watch it anymore because Bryan Cranston can never be anything but Walter White now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Only got to see the last two episodes this week and what a strong finish it was.

I really enjoyed it and I just can’t get the show out of my head today.

Firstly, I’m singing “The winner takes it all” to myself all the time. Always loved that song but it has a new meaning for me now.

That scene was well done and very symbolic of their relationship and Jimmy’s state of mind.

Then you had Kim saying Jimmy’s always down and then her disgust at his transformation to Saul at the end and the realisation of what he really us.

Mike being forced to kill Werner was very well done for me. You could see Mike was not happy but he had no choice and Werner’s realisation of his fate was well done and very poignant. The silhouetted shooting scene as discussed already was a feast for the eyes.

This show definitely splits people. People here and some I know say it’s boring. I would accept that from people at S1 stage as it lost a lot of BB fans who expected a laugh a minute full on Saul Goodman performance but did not realise that they are getting into a character driven drama about relationships, family ,status, careers and inner turmoil.

I don’t get why people complain about this having gone through 3 seasons. They should know what to expect.

I love the slowness and subtleness of it. It’s beautifully crafted and acted with a top notch script.

How can people say they did not need to know how the lab was built.

What are they wanting from the show? Drug heists and crooked law deals?

I’m very happy with the direction this show has taken and the build up of the characters.

I’ve started watching BB again and it does change your perspective of who the characters are and how they got to where they are.

It’s just top TV all round for me and I can’t wait for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Never mind it’s all good man

How can somebody watch 40 episodes and ask this and also not know his name is Saul? Must be on the wind up?

murpho999 wrote: »
    How can somebody watch 40 episodes and ask this and also not know his name is Saul? Must be on the wind up?

No doubt a troll hence my response

• Advertisement

-=al=- wrote: »
    I'm waiting for someone to do a BB/MITM mashup with scenes from both shows. It would be a thing of beauty with Hal White

Breaking Malcom

You've seen this?
    https://vimeo.com/79603607

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Just a shout out to all of you missing BCS ... you are not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

FFred wrote: »

Proof of that is the continued commenting on here, and I'm sure there are many like me popping in to read the latest posts.

As a matter of fact, I started on the pilot episode of BB the other day. Want to go from E1 S1 of BB right through to E10 S4 of BCS.

Got as far as the breakfast scene when Skyler says "have you been taking the echincea?" and had to pause and ask myself
    "do you want to commit to watching BB for the 4th time??"
    well the answer is Yes, but need to make sure it doesn't take over my life.

So, will plan to rewatch the whole lot, say max 3 episodes a week. Should take me well into the new year, so the wait for the next series of BCS won't seem so far away.

no doubt I'll pick up on small but important details I missed previously (or forgot).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Found the middle episodes of the season a bit slow and ponderous but really strong finish.

Great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

FFred wrote: »

I got to be honest I am not missing it all.
    Started watching other series on Netflix - Norsemen - in complete contrast to BCS it does not take itself seriously whatsoever.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Started watching other series on Netflix - Norsemen - in complete contrast to BCS it does not take itself seriously whatsoever.

Heracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

I've done worse. House of Cards. Season 6 has no Kevin Spacey!

Wait what there’s 6 seasons?? The first few were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Watched 20 mins of 1st episode, will continue with prison break before watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Watched 20 mins of 1st episode, will continue with prison break before watching it.

I watched the first episode of season 6 of House of Cards last night and it's badly missing Spacey. Whatever he may be in real life, he is a fantastic actor and the heart of that show.

Instead they seem to be shoveling in your face feminism into the gaps, but it's not a substitute. Will watch the rest of it to see how they've ended it but that's about all.

Was that prison break revival a year or two back any good? I barely remember season 4 so would probably need to rewatch first.

As for missing BCS. Not really to be honest.. It has moments of brilliance for sure, but there was far too much indulgent filler this year for me and I genuinely think the 2 main stories (Saul and Mike) are pretty much played out at this point (I've no interest in Kim or ancillary Hector relatives).

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I watched the first episode of season 6 of House of Cards last night and it's badly missing Spacey. Whatever he may be in real life, he is a fantastic actor and the heart of that show.

Instead they seem to be shoveling in your face feminism into the gaps, but it's not a substitute. Will watch the rest of it to see how they've ended it but that's about all.

I am glad I stopped watching HOC after season 5 it went downhill fast and the story-lines got cartoonish, stilted dialogue as well.
    All in all awful.

As for missing BCS. Not really to be honest.. It has moments of brilliance for sure, but there was far too much indulgent filler this year for me and I genuinely think the 2 main stories (Saul and Mike) are pretty much played out at this point (I've no interest in Kim or ancillary Hector relatives).

I think that is the key point, I don't really care about the characters (Kim or Hector's relatives), I know what happens the other main ones.
    The only bit I am waiting to see is how Saul teams up with Nacho.
    The Nacho storyline seems like the only thing left in the show.
    I assume he will get lots of screentime in the next/final season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I too hope Nacho gets lots more screen time now: he's my favourite character. It used to be him and Mike equally, but I don't like seeing Mike being Gus' lapdog now :( I wonder will there be any more about Stacey and Mike's grand-daughter? I hope Kerry Condon gets something big to do soon. The Salamancas know about them, and had threatened them previously because Mike was testifying against Tuco. I can see them having to leave for safety reasons, and that will take a lot of the goodness in Mike with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I am glad I stopped watching HOC after season 5 it went downhill fast and the story-lines got cartoonish, stilted dialogue as well.
    All in all awful.

So you stopped after the last season?

MICKEYG wrote: »
    So you stopped after the last season?
    Yeah I should have stopped after two seasons.

I don't think the same thing will happen with BCS there are decent bits in it still.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Rewatching BB now, when Saul first comes into it... he is definitely much more of a criminal than the current somewhat corrupted version in BCS. Laundering money, taking a cut of meth money etc..

mloc123 wrote: »
    Rewatching BB now, when Saul first comes into it... he is definitely much more of a criminal than the current somewhat corrupted version in BCS. Laundering money, taking a cut of meth money etc..

Agreed. The B.B. Saul is a LOT different to the BCS one. One thing in particular is how sleazy he is towards women, that’s not his BCS character at all. He’s still a well liked character in BCS despite everything, he’s a total and utter scum bag in B.B.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Agreed. The B.B. Saul is a LOT different to the BCS one. One thing in particular is how sleazy he is towards women, that’s not his BCS character at all. He’s still a well liked character in BCS despite everything, he’s a total and utter scum bag in B.B.

Really? What am I forgetting? Saving a BB re-watch until this is over, but while I remember him being a general sleazy lawyer type in BB, I don't remember any bad behaviour towards women in particular? I always liked Saul (or even just Bob Odenkirk's portrayal) somewhat, I think that would've been a dealbreaker for me but I could be forgetting some early stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bill nye

Honey tits is what he calls his secretary and then the way he talks to Skylar for the first time. They toned his character down as it went on, for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

mloc123 wrote: »

Rewatched Breaking Bad,binged on it over the last week.

It's ridiculously good.So much more enjoyable watching it the second time back,especially after watching Better Call Saul.

Ah Saul is definitely a grade one douchebag in Breaking Bad,he's a comparative saint in Better Call Saul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

A Breaking Bad movie is in the works, it will be a sequel for Jesse. Vince Gilligan is behind it. Production starts this month according to the articles, maybe they should finish BCS before they start the next thing??

https://news.avclub.com/vince-gilligan-straps-on-gas-mask-sets-to-work-on-brea-1830280163
    https://news.avclub.com/the-breaking-bad-movie-will-supposedly-be-a-direct-sequ-1830291295

Advertisement