Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

cliggg wrote: »
    It makes sense though. Remember when this kid from The Incredibles 1 was in Breaking Bad?

Ha, never saw that before.

Brutal scene. Bloody psychopath Todd

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

wylo wrote: »
    Only one episode of BB dragged for me on rewatch and that was the one with the fly. It felt like a filler episode.

I thought that one dragged the first time around.
    I remember waiting patiently each week for the next episode and when that one aired my cousin was staying with me. I was telling him about how great the show was and that he really needs to watch it. so the first episode he saw was the fly and it took him years to bother his arse to watch it from the beginning. In fairness he became a big fan of the show.

But that episode was a borefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

As much as I love the style of B.B. and BCS that fly episode really bored me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

We made it to the Saul episode! Mayhew..that's Irish I'm Irish too...real name McGill.

Honest to god...if nothing ever happened on BCS I can totally see the link now.

Love It!!!!

So if you wanna make money and keep the money that you make, better call Saul. Love It!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Just started watching BCS recently. Binged watched it and thought it was excellent. The points that make it better for me than BB is that I found the family part of BB a real drag (family man Walt, Skylar, and kleptomaniac sister-in-law). I also found suspension of disbelief in relation to the scale of the drug operation in BB a bit difficult, ultimately.

I've seen people complain about BCS's slow pace, and tbh I think I'd find it difficult looking at it as a weekly serial, followed by a year long break after 10 episodes. As it stands, I've finished the 3rd series, and I'm not sure if there's much left to be said. Chuck is
    dead
    , Jimmy's eldar law is gone, Hector is wheelchair bound, Mike is working with Gus, and HHM is really now irrelevant for our two leads.

Moreover I found the final two episodes of season 3 marked a decline in quality in relation to Jimmy's plot. It felt like there wasn't anything left to be said after he was
    suspended
    , so we had these advert capers and the silly retirement home stuff in lieu of any attorney-ing.

But I notice that season 4 has got critical acclaim: so, in your opinion, does S4 manage to achieve the quality of preceding series?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

But I notice that season 4 has got critical acclaim: so, in your opinion, does S4 manage to achieve the quality of preceding series?

I really enjoyed season 4, without spoiling anything it sheds light on how the scale of Frings operation was achieved, and it also outlines the 'turn' of Jimmy.
    I highly recommend checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I finished BCS Series 1 and all of 2 last week. Very enjoyable.
    Now keen to discover what led to Jimmy's downfall from lawyer to cafe assistant making Cinnabon rolls. Maybe Chuck getting his revenge?
    Roll on Series 3 - though from some posts here maybe Series 3 isn't quite up to previous standards .

The extra material on the DVD was very interesting; the amount of post-production digital cgi that was involved (e.g. Jon Banks' swollen eye, the customs post for the Regalo Helado truck)
    The wall mural for the Cinnabon cafe was a special for the tv series and the company liked it so much they asked to keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I finished BCS Series 1 and all of 2 last week. Very enjoyable.
    Now keen to discover what led to Jimmy's downfall from lawyer to cafe assistant making Cinnabon rolls. Maybe Chuck getting his revenge?
    Roll on Series 3 - though from some posts here maybe Series 3 isn't quite up to previous standards .

The extra material on the DVD was very interesting; the amount of post-production digital cgi that was involved (e.g. Jon Banks' swollen eye, the customs post for the Regalo Helado truck)
    The wall mural for the Cinnabon cafe was a special for the tv series and the company liked it so much they asked to keep it.

His downfall to a Cinnabon employee was the events of Breaking Bad, when he got a new identity from the vacuum repair guy. You're seeing several years into the future in those clips.

His downfall to a Cinnabon employee was the events of Breaking Bad, when he got a new identity from the vacuum repair guy. You're seeing several years into the future in those clips.

Thanks. The plot thickened - long before I came upon it. I'll consider it a curiousity instead of a BCS plot destination.
    I was curious to see Saul in BB until imdb informed me he's in about 40 episodes. I'm not planning to dabble with that box set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Thanks. The plot thickened - long before I came upon it. I'll consider it a curiousity instead of a BCS plot destination.
    I was curious to see Saul in BB until imdb informed me he's in about 40 episodes. I'm not planning to dabble with that box set.

You're not planning on watching BB? That's where you'll find out what led to his downfall

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I'm not sure it's a downfall exactly, he's probably rich and the job is part of the cover, he says to Walt at one stage that a few years from now he'd be managing a Cinnabun...

That’s a mistake. You need to watch B.B. everyone does.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That’s a mistake. You need to watch B.B. everyone does.

Not necessarily a mistake, but if I have not watched BB yet I would wait until BCS was finished then I would watch BB.

You can spot all the 'easter eggs' in reverse that way.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Maybe it's time I reconsiderd BB. I watched a couple of episodes "back in the day" and it really didn't appeal. Not sure I want to invest all those hours in it.
    It was the comedy drew me to BCS after reading some glowing recommendations recently.

Maybe it's time I reconsiderd BB. I watched a couple of episodes "back in the day" and it really didn't appeal. Not sure I want to invest all those hours in it.
    It was the comedy drew me to BCS after reading some glowing recommendations recently.

An hour a week..that's all it'll take. You'll be there in no time. It's so worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

You have to watch BB before getting into BCS.

And anyway, it’s a television sin to not watch BB. Some people will say it’s the best show ever, but whatever about that, there can be no argument that it is comfortably in the top 10 shows of all time, and most likely in the top 5. And that would be everyone’s list, impossible to leave it out.

Common problem with B.B. I know a lot of people (myself included) who gave up on it half way through season two...it’s absolutely worth sticking with.

An hour a week..that's all it'll take. You'll be there in no time. It's so worth it :D

Such self-discipline! More likely I'm still on the sofa at 2am, with square eyes, and not a child in the house washed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i was lucky to tune into BB when it had few seasons out, think i watched it in day or two, but while its one of the best shows def in top 10 of all time, the speed it moves past season 2 was like fast forwarding one event after another just getting more grim within each episode.

• Advertisement

I have a question about a small detail that's been nagging me. . Anyone have a recipe for cinnabons ... just joking!

Series 3 Ep 7.
    Mike is laying concrete at the school and meets Anita, a willing navvy.
    Later at the (very implausible) single parents' meeting Anita explains to Mike that her husband disappeared on a hiking trip.
    Does this tale have some BB connection? Was Mike involved somehow in his BB life-time? It just seemed an odd story that must have some additional significance.

I have a question about a small detail that's been nagging me. . Anyone have a recipe for cinnabons ... just joking!

Series 3 Ep 7.
    Later at the (very implausible) single parents' meeting Anita explains to Mike that her husband disappeared on a hiking trip.
    Does this tale have some BB connection? Was Mike involved somehow in his BB life-time? It just seemed an odd story that must have some additional significance.

No i think its just a kind of consolation to Mike for him losing his son. He wasnt in BB either btw (the son i mean) All the episodes in BCS are pre BB - apart from the cinnabon bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

All the episodes in BCS are pre BB - apart from the cinnabon bits.

nope
    rubadub wrote: »
    Thought the episode was OK.

Glad it might stop some "rules" people seem to think exist, as I said a while ago...
    I hope there is more like that episode
    https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Quite_a_Ride

rubadub wrote: »
    nope

I hope there is more like that episode
    https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Quite_a_Ride

BCS isn't before BB?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭bren2001

BCS isn't before BB?

All episodes are set before BB but there have been several scenes (Cinabon and Saul clearing out the office) that have been set during or after BB.

I'm hoping we get 1 full post BB episode before this show ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

bren2001 wrote: »
    All episodes are set before BB but there have been several scenes (Cinabon and Saul clearing out the office) that have been set during or after BB.

Yes, we have to!
    Any news on season 5 ? when I saw this thread was in my notifications I thought there might have been a trailer.
    Probably only writing at this stage, can we dare dream for an autumn release?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭bren2001

Yes, we have to!
    Any news on season 5 ? when I saw this thread was in my notifications I thought there might have been a trailer.
    Probably only writing at this stage, can we dare dream for an autumn release?

Shooting is supposed to finish in August so It'll be October or early 2020.

bren2001 wrote: »

I said thete have been scenes with cinabon that are after Bb?:confused: maybe the usr of the word 'all' was a bit generous...but it doesnt take away from the post itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

BCS isn't before BB?
    I said thete have been scenes with cinabon that are after Bb?:confused:

My "nope" comment was not meant to be saying you are totally wrong, I was just really adding to it, saying "Nope, that was not the only time", I now can see it could look like a blunt comment. I reckon many might have forgotten that short bit.
    All the episodes in BCS are pre BB - apart from the cinnabon bits and the bit during BB with saul in the office

until that happened people seemed to have this set rule in their head that BCS could only show events before or after BB, and this was used as reasoning how the series has got to be coming to an end or would struggle for stories. But there are plenty of stories they could show in the BB timeline we already saw. People had said Cranston could not really appear in BCS in it as he is dead in the cinabon period, and that pre BB he was a teacher and would be a boring episode or a bit tacky & forced.

I saw this the other day about the movie https://movieweb.com/breaking-bad-movie-locations-cars/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Series 3 Ep 7.
    From wiki:
    As Mike heads to the parking attendant's booth to start his shift, Daniel asks Mike to be his bodyguard when dealing with Nacho. Mike refuses to get involved and advises Daniel that he should do the same. At the support group, Mike befriends Anita after she recounts how her husband, a former Navy officer, mysteriously disappeared on a hiking trip. The story compels Mike to contact Daniel and agree to be his bodyguard.
    Daniel was the out-of-his-comfort-zone chemist guy selling drugs to Nacho. He was clueless enough that he could easily end up "disappeared" and Anita's story prompted Mike to act so that Daniel wouldn't be another person who just vanished one day. There was no BB link to the story.

Advertisement