Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Binged all four seasons over the last 10 days or so. Its a superb show, I really enjoyed it. Perhaps not quite on the level of BB but not far off either. I get what others are saying about the Kim-Jimmy relationship, it goes around in constant cirles and their home life is boring and mediocre. Perhaps that is what they are trying to show, it definitely felt that way with Walt/Skyler/ Walk Juniors home life. Either way I think they will cut Kim within a couple of episodes of S5.

A couple of missed opportunities in BCS-
    -Would have loved to see them expand much more on the character of the owner of Mesa Verde bank, I liked his brash Texan style and felt he should have been in it more. Also as a banker it would have been easy to write him in to scenes with him laundering money for Gus Fring
    - Thought that Howard's character should have been deeper too. He was a smarmy fecker who I would have liked to have seen more off. They should have given him a high maintenance wife with a cocaine addiction and done some home scenes with them
    -Would have loved to seen Hank at least make a cameo. Hank being crossed examined by Jimmy in the witness box of the court could have been comedy gold

Finally is there any object in the world that Gilligam won't put a camera inside?! It really is one of the hallmarks of his cinematography which is top class. Highlights for me in BCS were the camera inside the exhaust pipe as Mike was dismantling the car looking for the tracker, the one inside the dynamite hole when they were rock blasting in the lab and the best one of all was inside the phone box looking at the coins rolling down the slot into the coin box, excellent stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,647 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭crushproof

2020! Jeez, how old will Mike be then!! Will this be the final season? Hints in that article that the series will go out with a bang but no indication that this would be the final one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

crushproof wrote: »
    2020! Jeez, how old will Mike be then!! Will this be the final season? .
    I had posted before about them stating they wanted to copy BB season structure, it is supposedly the last season with double the amount of episodes.

Wish they just did another 2 seasons with regular amount of episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I'm all for one more long season ala Breaking Bad.

• Advertisement

Well the guess for the delay is that they will be shooting the Breaking Bad film.

So they may tie everything together and put it all to a final closure in the final episodes of Saul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

I have to wonder what kind of twist they would make in the movie to continue, as Jessies part would be pretty useless massive ptsd and completely broken down and broke. Cant imagine anything to continue on given all that were left either with massive loses or just broken down completely, as seems a lot of flashbacks mentioned but cant imagine any good twist that could work :confused: going forward.

that said it will be a money maker none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Binged all four seasons over the last 10 days or so. Its a superb show, I really enjoyed it. Perhaps not quite on the level of BB but not far off either. I get what others are saying about the Kim-Jimmy relationship, it goes around in constant cirles and their home life is boring and mediocre. Perhaps that is what they are trying to show, it definitely felt that way with Walt/Skyler/ Walk Juniors home life. Either way I think they will cut Kim within a couple of episodes of S5.

A couple of missed opportunities in BCS-
    -Would have loved to see them expand much more on the character of the owner of Mesa Verde bank, I liked his brash Texan style and felt he should have been in it more. Also as a banker it would have been easy to write him in to scenes with him laundering money for Gus Fring
    - Thought that Howard's character should have been deeper too. He was a smarmy fecker who I would have liked to have seen more off. They should have given him a high maintenance wife with a cocaine addiction and done some home scenes with them
    -Would have loved to seen Hank at least make a cameo. Hank being crossed examined by Jimmy in the witness box of the court could have been comedy gold

Finally is there any object in the world that Gilligam won't put a camera inside?! It really is one of the hallmarks of his cinematography which is top class. Highlights for me in BCS were the camera inside the exhaust pipe as Mike was dismantling the car looking for the tracker, the one inside the dynamite hole when they were rock blasting in the lab and the best one of all was inside the phone box looking at the coins rolling down the slot into the coin box, excellent stuff :)

Likewise, finished it over the weekend, great show, watched a single episode last year after a binge on BB (late to catching up on such a great show) and left it only to get back into it in last couple weeks

Really enjoying all the back stories leading to Saul Goodman, cant wait to see what happens next, Poor old Mike is after getting in real deep, suddenly not afraid of the trigger anymore !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Please use this thread for the Breaking Bad film.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058009503

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I wonder who the fella with glasses is beside Mike?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wonder who the fella with glasses is beside Mike?

Comments say

That's Peter Gould, co-creator and co-showrunner of #BetterCallSaul

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hoping Season 5 doesnt focus so much on his relationship with Kim, there was a lot of boring stuff in S4

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Hoping Season 5 doesnt focus so much on his relationship with Kim, there was a lot of boring stuff in S4

Jayus there was you just reminded me tooth-brushing montages that went on at self indulgent levels.

Mike seems to have taken over as the real star of the show. The inner turmoil etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Jayus there was you just reminded me tooth-brushing montages that went on at self indulgent levels.

Mike seems to have taken over as the real star of the show. The inner turmoil etc.

Mike IS the real star of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Mike IS the real star of the show.

Blasphemer!!!:pac:

James McGill Esq is the real star of the show, although I notice your first thanks came from Slippin' Jimmy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

is it true that they wont release it until next year ? seen someone commented in post, would be a bit of a shame, as would be gold to get it alongside the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

scamalert wrote: »
    is it true that they wont release it until next year ? seen someone commented in post, would be a bit of a shame, as would be gold to get it alongside the movie.

2020 is the release date :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Is this the last series?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It probably had delays relating to the breaking bad movie, at least the delay is for something in the same universe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭SteM

I had no problem with this montage to be honest. It showed two people growing apart over time, it essentially allowed a time jump of a few months within an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

SteM wrote: »
    I had no problem with this montage to be honest. It showed two people growing apart over time, it essentially allowed a time jump of a few months within an episode.

Same... Better than "6 months later"

SteM wrote: »
    mloc123 wrote: »
    Same... Better than "6 months later"

I thought it was a bit overkill they seem to do those extended montages when they need filler, where the dialogue/story is a bit light. Then it can be dressed up as a thing of cinematic beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I thought it was a bit overkill they seem to do those extended montages when they need filler, where the dialogue/story is a bit light. Then it can be dressed up as a thing of cinematic beauty.

I think you're going from one extreme to the other with the bit in bold - nobody is claiming it to be cinematic majestry, but it's certainly a better take on showing time move by and a relationship going stale. I think most enjoyed it, some didn't like it and part of that is due to the few who fawn over it I guess

D'Agger wrote: »
    I think you're going from one extreme to the other with the bit in bold - nobody is claiming it to be cinematic majestry, but it's certainly a better take on showing time move by and a relationship going stale. I think most enjoyed it, some didn't like it and part of that is due to the few who fawn over it I guess

I think you have hit the nail on the head there. It was probably those saying how great it was in an arthouse type of way that annoyed me.

---

I know this is BB spoilers for those who have not seen it.
    It is a read through for a Breaking Bad episode. S5 E9

I found it fascinating that Aaron Paul, Bryan Cranston and Bob Odenkirk really get into character during it.

If the mods want to move it feel free. But I thought it was relevant considering that it shows how Odenkirk works @19:00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

But I thought it was relevant considering that it shows how Odenkirk works @19:00
    Ha, he wears Saul's clothes to the read through and has his "World's Greatest Lawyer" coffee mug in front of him. Method, man. :D

From the gist of this interview with Bob Odenkirk it seems that Season 5 of BCS is going to be 90 mile an hour compared to the previous speed of story arc.
    Also there will be more focus on Saul/Jimmy as Gene.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

From the gist of this interview with Bob Odenkirk it seems that Season 5 of BCS is going to be 90 mile an hour compared to the previous speed of story arc.
    Also there will be more focus on Saul/Jimmy as Gene.

Didn’t watch this because I don’t like watching too many teasers/pre-interviews when I’m already sold, but I’m not surprised to hear the pace will increase dramatically. We always had to go slow at the start for the show to have any real dramatic bite, in other words if Saul was just Saul there’s no dramatic tension, he has to be a real, relatable person for the arc to be at all interesting. But we’ve seen snippets, in BB, of how hectic and crazy the ‘norm’ was for Saul by the time we met him. So I’m totally ready for them to let the show go wild and we get a full season of this! Plus now we’ve earned it by sitting through the minutiae so it won’t come across gimmicky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭BandMember

Is there a definite release date for the new season yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

BandMember wrote: »
    Is there a definite release date for the new season yet?

It's not being released until next year. There isn't a specific date set yet.

Advertisement