Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I have been running through this again, great show, just noticed something, the taxi driver Mike meets in S1E6 and asks how well he knows Albuquerque , This looks like the same guy Saul(Gene) gets in the Flash Forward in S4E1 ....

edit, nah it's not just checked ...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,649 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Final season starts Sunday February 23rd 2020.

Episode 2 will be the following night and then every Monday after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I get a restricted country notice for that.

Is this one the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is it the final season?? I thought there was going to be at least another after season 5?

• Advertisement

Is it the final season?? I thought there was going to be at least another after season 5?
    I read it was going to be the last and like BB it would have more episodes in the final one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Call_Saul_(season_5)
    spoiler tags just in case
    On what to expect in the fifth season, series co-creator Peter Gould said:
    “ It seems like Jimmy's first move is to try to leverage all the contacts he has in the world of selling drop phones. But don't forget, he also knows the vet [Caldera] ... and the vet is sort of Craig's List for the underworld in Albuquerque. So he can get quite far. The question is: how does he establish a reputation as not just a criminal lawyer but a criminal lawyer? And what does that mean to him at this point? Because situations may require him to do things and turn a blind eye to things that Jimmy McGill would not be able to stomach.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

rubadub wrote: »

I didn't press play, because I'm a masochist. But what I will say is that the still of Mike there makes him look really old. (in fairness, my own don't look much better:eek:).

The undeniable ageing of all the actors was always going to be a problem. Saying that, once S5 starts, I'll probably not even notice it. Time to start plumping the cushions in the back room - my BCS and BB den!

Another one, can't wait to see the full version of this scene.

• Advertisement

Good try, but I'm still not pressing play!!:eek::eek::D

But......
    in that still, surely that can't be some sort of cobbled together meth lab, can it?

(must not press play, must not press play.....).

When I was a teenager in the 70's, every Friday I went to the Carlton Cinema to see the latest horror or Carry On film. Anyway, for weeks they were showing excerpts from a film called 'Willard' , a film about a nerdy put upon teenager with an army of rats which would do his bidding. Anyway, sure the whole audience was in a frenzy by the time the film arrived, only to discover we'd seen all the good bits in the damn trailers. Fifty years ago and I still remember the reaction of 90% of the audience "Well, Cyril, that WAS a disappointment" or words to that effect. Hence "must not press play" :D:D:D.

Apologies for the OT paragraph, but its for context!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Confirmed character appearance spoilers re season 5.
    Hank Schrader and Steven Gomez and Robert Forster will be appearing as Ed Galbraith.

Excellent news about an extended 6th season. I really thought the upcoming 5th was the final one. This news is the TV equivalent of finding a €50 note in an old coat pocket.
    Confirmed character appearance spoilers re season 5.
    Love Robert Forster, RIP, will be great to see him shine one more time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

It feels like its been a thousand years since this show was last on.....

Indeed. Only the other day I played the last episode of S4, and the amount of stuff I'd forgotten was incredible. In fairness, it was the minor details that slipped away - the ones we all love - but the plot remains.

Being a bit of an old softie, I'm forever hoping for a redemption and happy-ever-after for Jimmy. I've always felt that he couldn't fit into the establishment as so well represented by Chuck, and he bucked and bucked until he was rejected.

Unfortunately, as we've seen, the writers don't seem to share my sentimentality. They suck you in, offer a glimpse of nirvana, then whammo! Jimmy at the appeal hearing is the classic example.

I'm looking forward to it now, and also, this thread (like the BB one) is brilliant for getting people's interpretations as to what's going on, and often enough I read here about some tiny detail that is crucial but designed to be missed by the inattentive! After I missed it:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

^
    It's a great show, for sure, and the central character is one of the best I think I've seen in any show. As for Jimmy's redemption, Odinkirk makes him so...loveable, I suppose you could say, that you want him to do well. But, really he's a bollocks and just cannot help himself.

I recently burned through all of 'Breaking Bad' there and seeing what "Slippin' Jimmy" morphs into, you know his doom is sealed and, probably, deservedly so.

Happy to hear there's more on the way too. I find I like it even more than 'Breaking Bad'. So, it's all welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Long break alright. The good news is you can rewatch from the start now because you surely have it all forgotten!

I hope they do another recap thing like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

I've been a big fan throughout.
    But I'm fed up waiting.
    The delays between series have been too long.
    Continuity has been lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

deandean wrote: »
    I've been a big fan throughout.
    But I'm fed up waiting.
    The delays between series have been too long.
    Continuity has been lost.

Yeah you would have to nearly re-watch it at this stage. I only remember Jimmy hamming it up to the committee to get his licence back. And Kim falling for it, then Jimmy saying he fooled them and he will be practicing under another name. Leaving her lost for words.
    But it seems that long ago now, it is a bit hard to care what happens.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Yeah you would have to nearly re-watch it at this stage. I only remember Jimmy hamming it up to the committee to get his licence back. And Kim falling for it, then Jimmy saying he fooled them and he will be practicing under another name. Leaving her lost for words.
    But it seems that long ago now, it is a bit hard to care what happens.

Am I right in saying that's two years ago? BCS must be running just as long as the entirety of BB at that rate. I was annoyed there was nothing new in 2019 but a show like BCS is worth waiting for, BB and BCS are the only shows that have made me literally applaud at the TV while sitting on my own. It's an utter masterpiece and if all these interviews are to believed (and we know where the story is going) the next two seasons should be absolutely epic!

I'm looking forward to rewatching this from season one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Am I right in saying that's two years ago? BCS must be running just as long as the entirety of BB at that rate. I was annoyed there was nothing new in 2019 but a show like BCS is worth waiting for, BB and BCS are the only shows that have made me literally applaud at the TV while sitting on my own. It's an utter masterpiece and if all these interviews are to believed (and we know where the story is going) the next two seasons should be absolutely epic!

I'm looking forward to rewatching this from season one again.

You are right it is over a year at this stage. The last episode of season 4 came out in October 2018.

It kinda of annoys me that they still bought out that Breaking Bad film (which was not particularly good). It seemed to be just a tactic to buy more time for everyone involved in BCS. At least that was my take on it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

You are right it is over a year at this stage. The last episode of season 4 came out in October 2018.

It kinda of annoys me that they still bought out that Breaking Bad film (which was not particularly good). It seemed to be just a tactic to buy more time for everyone involved in BCS. At least that was my take on it.

Not sure if it was a tactic on their behalf, BCS doesn't seem to attract a fraction of the views BB did. Agreed, the movie wasn't great, we didn't need it... but at the same time I enjoyed many scenes in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Interesting to see how the timeline works out now that there is a S6 on the way to. Will they commit to a season that's all post breaking bad timeline or just keep it all prequel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Unearthly wrote: »
    Interesting to see how the timeline works out now that there is a S6 on the way to. Will they commit to a season that's all post breaking bad timeline or just keep it all prequel

Well they need to close the loop on the Cinnabon stage of his life so yeah I suspect the end of season 5 will be him getting his new identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don’t see a full season of that. For a start, if I’m remembering correctly it’s all black and white right? So if they do a full season then they kinda have to commit to that production. Plus then you lose Mike, Gus etc.

I could see the final season being an episode-by-episode juxtaposition between the two. Like whatever sins he’s done in the past he’s now karmically paying for them in the future. With the depth these guys go to, it wouldn’t surprise me if they have it all planned out where the scenes we’ve seen and their placement even have a new perspective once the series ends.

This isn’t too out-there of a prediction, given where the story is now, but I see this season being the end of Kim. At least in terms of the prequel element.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

agree the pase bcs is being released like waiting each week for new episode - might be fuzzy but think it was that way ? then you add gap years in between and as most ive even forgot s2-3 like most when came back for s4, its a great show, slow burner on epic scale, but dunno at this point BB is losing its legacy, and 2 more years for actual final cut post BB, seems like decades ahead. that said prob there wont be anything to watch and it will be going back to 1 episode a week to get thirst down once its out.

trailers seem interesting, jimmy kim story stalled a lot in last few seasons, entire chuck story was a bit bummer on how it went down, as little back story provided on how he got sick, unless im missing something. Saul sort of transitioned in last seasons towards bcs way he dressed, dodgy deals, but think most would like to see if theres any light for him at the end of the tunnel regarding cinnabon hints we keep getting.

another tiny snippet from the tent in this, and a few other mini clips of the new series

• Advertisement

Advertisement