Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Read somewhere that this is being released week by week. Bit frustrating as it can be slow moving at times. How many weeks till it is all released?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭H.20v3

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Read somewhere that this is being released week by week. Bit frustrating as it can be slow moving at times. How many weeks till it is all released?

Standard for these shows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

How many weeks till it is all released?

Presumably when the season has ended?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Muahahaha wrote:

Been the same for every season so far

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I'm willing to stick with it but the entire arc about building the underground lab was a story that definitely did not need to be told. I hope there's a little more substance in this season.

I thought that was one of the better storylines. It showed how much effort Fring went to in creating the business. Considering the lab is one of the mainstays of the BB series, it was a good idea to give it a backstory.

It is the needless self indulgently long montages that annoy me!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

H.20v3 wrote: »
    Standard for these shows

ah right, Im usually always playing catch up and binge watching so Im not used to this stuff of being left on a cliffhanger and having to wait another week to resolve it. Not sure what I'll do with BCS, Im excited to see it but just want to binge it.

Has another series after this been announced or is this the last?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Has another series after this been announced or is this the last?
    Yes, and the 6th is said to be the last.

First episode is tonight in the US and the 2nd is the next night. Then 1 week breaks. 10 episodes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/better-call-saul-ending-season-6-amc-1267357
    AMC will bring Better Call Saul to a close with a 13-episode sixth and final season in 2021

I am glad its not all released at once as I would worry about spoilers, as I would not binge the whole thing in 1 sitting (probably 2!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

rubadub wrote: »
    Yes, and the 6th is said to be the last.

First episode is tonight in the US and the 2nd is the next night. Then 1 week breaks. 10 episodes.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/better-call-saul-ending-season-6-amc-1267357

I am glad its not all released at once as I would worry about spoilers, as I would not binge the whole thing in 1 sitting (probably 2!)

I much prefer it this way, in particular for forums like this. People watch the episode, chew over the details, and there's a good discussion on it.

For shows where it all comes out at once, it's harder to have an episode specific discussion.

Plus, Mondays are bleak so its good to have something to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Interesting start scumbag D.A. and the vending machine had me laughing. Gonna hold off until Tuesday to go into anything else as I want to see both episodes and know what direction this is going. So happy this is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

What’s Lalo referencing when he’s talking about what happened in Santiago? Is he talking about Gus’ boyfriend being shot or something different altogether?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. Going to hold off until then to discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭H.20v3

I love the drug dealing, and Mike And Gus

Zone out with the legal stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is odenkirk auditioning for dumb and dumber 3?

was there an episode S05e00? need a recap.

why was there missing drugs that the rest had to get stepped on? they needed a good enough reason to kill the german engineer.

why didn't the guy from the south of the border demand recompense.

I can't remember how it is that he heaad about the building project

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i almost had this show written off, the BB saga, el camino movie, and slow burn over the years of bcs, but even this episode was intense and just drew back in, like it never stopped.

jimmy kim story seems will have hard split soon, already way to apparent, the long flashback was interesting so guessing s6 isnt out of question, mike seems in better shape again, and gus nacho combo takes most draw in as action goes, as kim was a gem when it was smooth sailing but at this stage shes more like filler- given how much jimmy changed and no emotions shows shes prob not much in it for longer, thou judging by trailers seems like could be one of the best seasons, so far, if it keeps up the pace and tension, as still waiting to see hank in action mocking saul :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I thought most of that first episode was neat and tidy. It moved along at a snappy pace.
    There was the odd few bits I didn't get (like the other poster alluded to) above) with the story about the drugs, the little packets and Werner Ziegler. The best bit in it was showing where Mike knew he crossed the line of no return. He lost the head when Werner was referred to as 'soft'. Then spoke out of turn to Fring later on.

Then the polar opposite happened with Jimmy he does not know he past the point of no return. But Kim knew and he still managed to get dragged back into a scam as he planted the seed in Kim's mind. It was smaller than the Mesa Verde Bank scam, but it felt worse because it was not a faceless corroboration this time. Just a very naive young gangster and his pregnant wife.

Plus there was clarification by Lalo, that Fring did have a boyfriend. Another loose end tied up just like that from BB. Plus the two druglords Don Juan and Lalo underestimated the chicken man, because he did not seem like them.

Saul being 'made' as Jimmy and the return of the hoover fella. Then the about turn by Gene/Jimmy. Great stuff.

I really enjoyed the episode. 9/10 for me. They packed so much in it!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Poor old Kim. In the house, when Jimmy was telling her all about his plans, you could see she did a double take when Jimmy referred to the clients as ass holes. Her admonitions to do the right thing weren't ignored, he simply didn't even think he was doing anything wrong. Contrast that with her crisis of confidence in the stairwell...... poor Kim!

Thought Nacho was a goner, then remembered.....

As for Santiago, in BB Mike reassures Gus that the records of his time there cannot be found, and Hank in discussion about Gus says that the regime did lots of stuff in Chile and it's no surprise that records are incomplete. I always suspected that Gus was a Chilean enforcer who made money and started a fresh in Mexico. It was in Mexico that Salamanca shot the young lad - wasn't it?

Lastly, anyone else surprised at how well the actors are ageing?

So all-in-all, I'm happy with developments, even down to sorting ze Germans. Roll on tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Lastly, anyone else surprised at how well the actors are ageing?

The guy who plays Krazy-8 looks exactly the same as he did in Season 1 of BB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

After being away for a year and a half, I'm reminded of how great an actor Rhea Seehorn is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Well I really enjoyed that. The Gene scenes at the start were the best part! I can’t wait for that post breaking bad world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

really enjoyed it. looking forward to the next one

• Advertisement

The guy who plays Krazy-8 looks exactly the same as he did in Season 1 of BB!

I think its a measure of how well the characters are developed AND PLAYED that we can remember him. Look at him now - counting the cash for the Salamancas.

I'm concerned for Gene. Most people in BB/BCS world get their come-uppance. I thought Hanks end was particularly upsetting, and of course that's how it works. Get you invested, then WHAM! Hence my concern for Gene - who will of course always be Jimmy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pig ducker is back :D

Jimmy's level of scams to get what he's after :)

Nacho getting things done

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I havent a clue what going on at this stage tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Any word about when this is going to air on Netflix?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

S5E1 is on Netflix already?

Penfailed wrote: »
    Any word about when this is going to air on Netflix?

Its (there now. I watched S5:E1 yesterday and I believe E2 is available today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

are we supposed to recognise the chap that 'made' Jimmy as he was having his lunch?

I sort of recognise him but could be from a different show!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

De Bhál wrote: »
    are we supposed to recognise the chap that 'made' Jimmy as he was having his lunch?

I sort of recognise him but could be from a different show!

He was the cabbie last season that put the fear in him that the cartel found him. Don't think he's anyone from BB but it's been a few years so not entirely sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I know Jimmy / Saul and Kim are meant to be the main story but I find the drug stuff a lot more interesting to watch. Anyone else the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

as i said myself kim's role is just fading, the part where she said to saul about doing stuff with phones, and he went yeah right no point in selling cheap ill do full price :confused: totally out of context, well he did make a point living in a shadow of mcgill name, but seems shes just around him as filler now, as cant see imagine anything happening between the two after last few seasons, even saul seems totally delusional in that regard as two just co-exist, so imagine some trouble or screw up will end it for good eventually.

Mike on the other hand seems way in better shape as before previou seasons as do many actors, given decade+ passed, seems entire cast going strong out on this season.

see e2 is on netflix so hoping at least some good action and pace.

Advertisement