Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

He was the cabbie last season that put the fear in him that the cartel found him. Don't think he's anyone from BB but it's been a few years so not entirely sure

Yeah that was his only appearances. I know him from The Deuce (great show if you haven't seen)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I know Jimmy / Saul and Kim are meant to be the main story but I find the drug stuff a lot more interesting to watch. Anyone else the same?

I think Kim is only there now as the moral contrast to Jimmy.
    I have a feeling that he will drag her down to rock bottom some way.

You are right though the drugs story is great now, they create so much tension by saying so little.
    That fella that acts as Lalo great actor and a great character, the intelligent psycho.

I am still surprised how good the first episode was, had no expectations of it at all.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I think Kim is only there now as the moral contrast to Jimmy.
    I have a feeling that he will drag her down to rock bottom some way.

You are right though the drugs story is great now, they create so much tension by saying so little.
    That fella that acts as Lalo great actor and a great character, the intelligent psycho.

I am still surprised how good the first episode was, had no expectations of it at all.

The casting for breaking bad and better call Saul is the best I’ve seen. Every character feels like nobody else but that actor could play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Interesting to see Mike loose it with his granddaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Thought I might forget the story or trail off a bit, but I was back in the story in 5 mins.

Still got it. Pretty cool show.

Ever notice in shows and movies when people are carrying luggage, the cases are almost always empty, small pointless thing but just makes it look really fake :pac:

Hmm do I dare watch ep2 today? dangerous game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ep2 a little slow but just watched the clip for ep3 and holy shït....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Interesting to see Mike loose it with his granddaughter.

Shame he had to do that, but it I reckon it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

Grayditch wrote: »
    Shame he had to do that, but it I reckon it makes sense.

how so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

cozar wrote: »
    how so?

I guess because Mike feels guilty over his son's death and the granddaughter was saying stuff like her dad was a good cop like her granddad.

Trying to think back but I wondered had we ever seen Mike get angry like that before.

I've said it before but Jimmy and Kim's relationship just doesn't work for me and has been the only let down in the whole show.

Great to have it back, when the credits come up I'm always disappointed it's over.

What a character Lalo Salamanco is...great TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mike was a dirty cop his son wasn't looks like mikes cohorts got to his son as they thought he'd squeel on the corruption.

• Advertisement

Gus couldn't fulfill the drugs shipment so he claimed he bought in outside stuff to make up the order this went to the Salamanca base which Lalo is pissed about as they have a rep for good stuff.

Gus is obviously manipulating the situation to rile up Lalo it's a great cat and mouse move and keeps the attention off of Gus and his master plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Mike is clearly depressed. The killing of Ziegler resurrected his grief over his son.

Krazy 8 folding with good hand was a clear foreshadowing. On the flip side, Lalo had two shitty cards and went for the gusto, which is a sign of his personality. This high risk attitude may do him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

My guess for Lalo’s “much better” plan for Krazy 8:
    We know from Breaking Bad that he was one of the Hank's snitches, maybe the plan is for him to inform on Gus's businesses to try and disrupt his money-making ability which the Salamancas think is the only thing protecting him from the cartel.

Mike is clearly depressed. The killing of Ziegler resurrected his grief over his son.

Good spot yeah, regarding the depression. Waking up surrounded by empty beer bottles and snapping at the daughter were definitely out of character for him.

Howard in the hallway talking to Jimmy was very out of character for a senior partner of a law firm something tells me HHM is crumbling if a senior partner is in local county court representing someone they'd usually leave that to the worker bees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

That's where Krazy 8 got his name.

Lalo gave it to him, for folding on 3 8's in that hand.

This show always has a million different story's crisscrossed throughout each season veeeeery good episode it pushed the character development of some we know a lot further and shows sides of them that really don't exist in Breaking Bad universe. I just watched Gus with Hector in Breaking Bad and his presence in the scene yet in this episode he is a shadow in the back of a car pulling the strings I can't wait to see how he manages to work his anonymity into things to become the guy sweeping the floor of the chicken resteraunt

cozar wrote: »
    how so?

So he isn't asked to babysit for the next while I think. You can tell over the phone he was reluctant to help at that particular time.

He was upset about Kaylee talking about her dad, but if you watch the scene again, his anger is very manufactured, like he's trying to distance himself from them for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

So he isn't asked to babysit for the next while I think. You can tell over the phone he was reluctant to help at that particular time.

He was upset about Kaylee talking about her dad, but if you watch the scene again, his anger is very manufactured, like he's trying to distance himself from them for some reason.

Interesting!

Perhaps its to protect them from what or who ever. He's just told Gus to 'stick it' and he knows Gus doesn't leave loose ends. He also knows that Lalo is paying him particular attention.

This is what I love about this show, trying to second-guess the writers and no matter how well (or not) we analyse it, they always throw in a curve ball !!

It looks like he possibly didn't try to calm Kaylee down in her room and we saw that he didn't even try to fix things with her mother. He definitely wants to be left alone because either he's feeling unworthy with them about his son and Werner... and/or something big is about to kick off.

The only reason I think this is because of how weirdly acted and shot the angry scene is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

It's very engaging and watchable, but also I find that due to the slow pace over the years I've forgotten half the story threads. Can't remember what the "real" story Gus was trying to cover up is, what the fake meth was about, or what the source of the general animosity between him and Lalo is. Can't remember the specifics of what happened with the German guy, Mike killed him? Because he called his wife was it? Can't remember what the story is with Jimmy and Kim - wasn't there a twist last season where they pulled off some con job and she actually enjoyed it and wanted to do more? Seems that's no longer the case. Felt like it needed a good recap before starting the season. I considered watching the previous season but it's just too slow to want to sit through it again.

Still enjoying it mind you, everything is so well made.

quokula wrote: »
    It's very engaging and watchable, but also I find that due to the slow pace over the years I've forgotten half the story threads. Can't remember what the "real" story Gus was trying to cover up is, what the fake meth was about, or what the source of the general animosity between him and Lalo is. Can't remember the specifics of what happened with the German guy, Mike killed him? Because he called his wife was it? Can't remember what the story is with Jimmy and Kim - wasn't there a twist last season where they pulled off some con job and she actually enjoyed it and wanted to do more? Seems that's no longer the case. Felt like it needed a good recap before starting the season. I considered watching the previous season but it's just too slow to want to sit through it again.

Still enjoying it mind you, everything is so well made.

There's plenty of recaps available here on previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

yes my reasoning too.

I think he had no issue babysitting, just at the time he had a hangover so was a bit annoyed about having to go straightaway.

That's where Krazy 8 got his name.

Lalo gave it to him, for folding on 3 8's in that hand.

Well fair play to you for spotting that!!!

I just went back and watched that scene and switched on subtitles.
    "ocho loco this guy!"

Now THAT's the kind of detail that makes it what it is, and is so easy (for me, anyway) to miss.

I'm now going to go back and try to figure out why Lalo keeps referring to "the south wall" , if I heard it correctly.

Good job this thread exists:pac::pac:

The sheer amount of tension from one guy (Lalo) is unreal.

Well fair play to you for spotting that!!!

I just went back and watched that scene and switched on subtitles.
    "ocho loco this guy!"

Now THAT's the kind of detail that makes it what it is, and is so easy (for me, anyway) to miss.

I'm now going to go back and try to figure out why Lalo keeps referring to "the south wall" , if I heard it correctly.

Good job this thread exists:pac::pac:

IIRC he keeps referencing the south wall because when Werner the German construcion boss went on the run, Lalo rang him pretending to work for Gus and extracted a small bit of info from him before Mike shut the call down.
    South wall was one of the bits of info he got from Werner but Lalo has no clue as to what it means exactly.
    He was further intrigued in last nights episode when Gus brought him to see the chiller job and could see there was no structural work on a south wall taking place thus the smart comment to Gus at the end of the site walk.

anyone got a recap of when Nacho knew Jimmy from?

when he pulled alongside him in the car I couldn't remember how they knew each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

De Bhál wrote: »

when he pulled alongside him in the car I couldn't remember how they knew each other.

in the first second episode Jimmy is pulling a scam and ends up in Tuco's house, the two skateboarders were trying to scam Tuco's granny in an insurance/car accident thing.

Tuco and his gang took Jimmy and the two skateboarders out to the desert and Jimmy talked them out of being killed, the skateboarders ended up with broken legs.

Nacho was in the desert too. At the very end Nacho hands Jimmy something, a card or similar, and tells him it's for when he figures out he's in the game.

• Advertisement

De Bhál wrote: »

One good turn deserves another!! (as in thanks for the South Wall heads up).

When tuco took the two skateboarders and Jimmy into the desert to shoot them, Nacho talked Tuco out of it.

Edit: SNAP!! must improve my wpm hahaha.

Edit Edit: Nacho stepped in and got Jimmy to confess that he wasn't special agent whoever, but that he was in fact a lawyer. Nacho told Tuco that shooting a lawyer would bring heat, so Tuco said he'd just kill the skateboarders. Jimmy did a plea bargain, and got it down to one leg each. What a lawyer!

Advertisement