Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That's by no means an indication of quality.

Sure there wasn't a Breaking Bad thread here until 7 months after the Season 1 premiere, or 5 months after Season 1 finished.

Ok, I'll revise my statement.

If this were a standalone show this thread would never exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I thought this weeks episode was slow, as was the first but have no doubt its going to be brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Basq wrote: »
    Don't think that's true.. I followed it from episode 1 - 2 along with a couple of the other Television forum regulars.

Ah, here we go... all the way back in January 2008.

"The scene in the 1st episode with Walt standing up to the 3 making fun of his son was a highlight - from that scene onwards, Walt will be always be seen as a good guy simply looking out for a family."

:p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It started off seemingly much darker than I suspected(Tuco! The flash forward!). But since then the mood has lightened noticeably. The Kettermans are borderline hammy, and Saul's stunts are all quite humorous. A big part of me wants it to edge more towards the darker side of things, but I'm aware it might never go there too much.

Still though, I'm loving the look and feel, the dialogue, and the characters. And as others mentioned, the last episode(by no means amazing) flew by and I didn't want it to end. If Vince Gilligan did a show about the goings on in the Dail from day to day I'd probably enjoy that, he just creates a really good/interesting universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Also, this picture is too big but someone is working on an.... interesting.... theory to this.

http://i.imgur.com/75QWaNE.jpg

How can a guy if think about that to start looking into it....that's why the internet was made for super nerd fans who do all of that level of analysis :eek:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

I enjoyed episode 4 best one so far "slipping jimmy" both past and present should have his own chapter in criminal law books an tort law books.
    He is the Robin Hood of the legal world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

How can a guy if think about that to start looking into it....that's why the internet was made for super nerd fans who do all of that level of analysis :eek:

Forgetting about his final theory, the whole colour thing is absolutely reasonable. Especially considering how it was used so brilliantly in Breaking Bad. This is Vince Gilligan we're talking about, every single thing in every scene is put there for a reason. It's the subtle symbolism in the little things like colour that made BB.

Have a look here if you don't believe me -> http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Color It was definitely there for a reason. ;)

It started off seemingly much darker than I suspected(Tuco! The flash forward!).

Where was this tuco flash forward that is mentioned?

I seemed to have missed that completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Where was this tuco flash forward that is mentioned?

I seemed to have missed that completely!

I don't think they meant a Tuco flash forward. I think they were saying that there was two things that made it dark, the flash forward to Saul in Cinnabon and then the arrival of Tuco at the end of the episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

^ Yup! That and the treatment of the twins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Magnate wrote: »
    Forgetting about his final theory, the whole colour thing is absolutely reasonable. Especially considering how it was used so brilliantly in Breaking Bad. This is Vince Gilligan we're talking about, every single thing in every scene is put there for a reason. It's the subtle symbolism in the little things like colour that made BB.

Have a look here if you don't believe me -> http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Color It was definitely there for a reason. ;)

Yeah as nerdy as it is it does make sense! He has done it before in bb so no surprises.

Good old conspiracy theory nerds

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what is the year when jimmy/saul was in prison in the 2nd ep?

when did he go to law school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Tame enough tonight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭Dep!

Wtf was that ending about with Mike?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I throughly enjoyed this weeks episode. There were so many great quotes in it. It ended too quickly imo. I think the ending was something to do with mikes daughter, though I could be completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Dep! wrote: »
    Wtf was that ending about with Mike?
    restraining order breach?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mike has sole custody of his grand daughter in BB doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Next week is the Mike focused episode I think. The turn-out of cops was a little heavy for a restraining order breach. And he knew the lead cop. Guess it's when he had better call Saul.
    Good episode. Loved the "Help with a Will" jello marketing effort in the nursing home. And great to see Matlock back on our screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

"Fill me up chandler, I want it all"

Sex toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    "Fill me up chandler, I want it all"

Sex toilet.

I hope your idea takes off so you pay for the councelling your son will need :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I hope your idea takes off so you pay for the councelling your son will need :D

A few good ones there alright.

Enjoyable episode it has built on a number of avenues Chuck is definitely suffering from some form of mental illness and it seemed to be inferred that "Slipping Jimmy" was the cause. When Chuck was told by Jimmy that he is on the "up and up" and will "follow the rules by the book from now on", Chuck then managed to get up and make a Coffee on his own without any help. While previously he looked helpless.

All the old people and the talking toilet were nice humorous bits which followed on nicely from Chuck saying "definitely not the tasers" in the opening sequence.

It is great that we are going to get a Mike background story following on from the abrupt ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Some very funny moments at the start. The toilet and the guy with his own currency LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

You're the one with your own sex toilet

I loled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

South Pacific Rim, the crazy bastards!

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

The retirement home Jimmy was trying to be Matlock in is the same one that Hector was in:

ct2_zpsz1uxjz8i.png

ct1_zps2xdwvbvm.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Great episode tonight.
    Ending on a cliffhanger which is so disappointing as I've another week to wait.
    I suspect that the police at Mikes door is something to do with his past in Philadelphia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Great episode tonight.
    Ending on a cliffhanger which is so disappointing as I've another week to wait.
    I suspect that the police at Mikes door is something to do with his past in Philadelphia
    I think you and I have different interpretations of the word ''cliffhanger''.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Just watched the latest episode. Figured it was the same retirement home alright but great to have that detail confirmed. Can't wait to see what happens with Mike & the cops. His character has a lot of development potential. Also, am I the only one that actually kind of wants that toilet thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Custardpi wrote: »
    Just watched the latest episode. Figured it was the same retirement home alright but great to have that detail confirmed. Can't wait to see what happens with Mike & the cops. His character has a lot of development potential. Also, am I the only one that actually kind of wants that toilet thing?

I usually supply my own sound effects. With added cursing if the curry was off.

Advertisement