Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

This season is very good. Jimmy flaws now getting very exposed. Chuck was right

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Penfailed wrote:
    When does each new episode hit Netflix? I've been catching up with the latest episode the following weekend but I'm off today and tomorrow

cozar wrote:
    Tuesday. they should put the rest of the season up now for all those people self isolating.

Tis probably on the Internets now alright

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Howard's like the average Joe who can't take no for an answer when asking the prom queen to the ball.:D

The stall on the house demolition was epic.

Jimmy endeavouring to talk Kim back from the cliff edge!Rick saw right through her ruse.

Great ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭dasdog

I hadn't noticed
    Trevor Phillips (Steven Ogg)
    previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,729 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dasdog wrote: »
    I hadn't noticed
    Trevor Phillips (Steven Ogg)
    previously.

He was in Season 1, where the nerdy drug dealer hired three guys (including Mike) for protection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Another fantastic episode called it last week about Mikes location and who brought him there, great to see Stephen Ogg's charecter back although I was half expecting Bill Burrs charecter to turn up. I laughed out loud when Mike stripping down the stereo to build charge the phone and the Señora hands him a phone charger :) Also loves the final scene with Gus and Mike. This is fantastic television and takes our minds off all this Corona Virus stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Previous on MacGyver Mike...

Men at the gate and on the ground, they take the heat. Aggressive marketing in the house, yo. The back and forth over the address, land, call centre, etc., at what point do we reach boiling point? Jimmy's still in his University of American Samoa gear. What a kitchen chat that was, side sitter and all. Meanwhile, it's a dance in back garden chicanery, as bad news lands on the golf course. Jimmy's 'superficial' query - takes a BSer to smell another, eh? How would Kim feel about her relationship with Kevin now? A smile on her face is pretty damn rare. With confrontation in the field things were bound to spill over into the hallway. And as the grip tightens, we both know how that ends.

I have to make a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

When she gave him the charger!��

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

another great episode a bit of slow burn this time, but was nice to see jimmy in action - the fire alarms do really have radioactive material in them if you ever opened one, think its most sensitive to carbon, but would require ton to get any reading none the less was very smart move, rest seemed a bit ridicilous delays.

Kim is all over the place thought she would be finished same as howard but keeps getting in the crossroads between fair and law.

gus mike ending was self explanatory really,the fountain dedication to his fallen brother partner ?

not sure what caught Kims eye regarding cowboy on horse logo to use it against :confused: and the entire standoff when she clearly was called out on the bluff/involvement a bit over top.
    dunno why howard is still even in the scenes- as others no hate towards him, but why want to hire jimmy seems way past any return points now.

anyhow as rest wish they would drop em all at once something to clear head over given entire **** show going out in the world now.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

I miss clamshell phones. I know Mike’s is an LG but I really loved my Razr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Gah, so far behind!

5.1: I assume
    we're done with Frink for a while and we're laying the groundwork for why Kim isn't there in BB

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

seligehgit wrote: »
    The stall on the house demolition was epic.
    I loved it, from the very start of BCS I hoped to see lots of amusing small saul scams -I was very disappointed with the drawn out thing with the bowling balls last week, going over it in my head "why did he reject the tv" and then it was just something to throw on a car...

The plates was great in comparison, and didn't drag it out with him going off buying plates or anything.
    scamalert wrote: »
    , rest seemed a bit ridicilous delays..
    They were ridiculous but humorous, but also shows he does not give a flying fcuk, everybody knew it was not legit but had to abide by the rules, he is making an utter mockery of the law & procedures, there were no delays that I thought were incredible (well maybe the jesus bit!).

,the fountain dedication to his fallen brother partner ?
    Yes
    https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Max_Arciniega
    The fifth episode in season 5 of Better Call Saul is dedicated to Max, as it is entitled "Dedicado a Max". Furthermore, a fountain memorial in his honour has been established, likely by Gus, in his former neighbourhood in Mexico

not sure what caught Kims eye regarding cowboy on horse logo to use it against :confused:
    There were 2 images of the cowboy, not sure if its meant to be some famous cowboy showing Kevin is a fan or something. I wonder if she is going to pull a similar Saul scam and say its some sort of burial ground for the cowboy, or Indians, or that something important happened on the land so its of historical value. Though that was already sort of done with the plates.

Found this theory on it, I didn't cop it was their logo https://screenrant.com/better-call-saul-season-5-kim-photos-mesa-verde-horse/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Haven't been mad about the two most recent episodes. Would have liked to have seen more of Gus, and we didn't lee Nacho or Lalo at all.

I do care about what happens to Kim, but not so much that I want to ignore everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

steve_r wrote: »
    Haven't been mad about the two most recent episodes. Would have liked to have seen more of Gus, and we didn't lee Nacho or Lalo at all.

I do care about what happens to Kim, but not so much that I want to ignore everything else.

I usually prefer the crime side of it

I thought the legal stuff was enjoyable this time

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Excellent episode, can't wait for next week's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

The Kim story line doesn't sit well. I think at this point she would accept that she done enough to save the old guys house and that now she is putting her own career and the building of the plant at risk. Doesn't seem to stack up (or is it simply she gets a kick out of these power games and thats why she will soon no longer be around??)

Also - the usual problem of characters now visibly 10+ years older than when they were in BB is really showing - "Younger" gus (In last night BCS is now looks like BB Gus's da' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

5.2: Again feels like
    groundwork for Kim not being around but maybe that's not the big story this season. Maybe the halfway or endpoint will see Lalo taken out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Slydice wrote: »
    5.2: Again feels like

have you seen BB?

if so read on
    Breaking Bad
    Season 2
    When Saul Goodman is kidnapped by Walter White and Jesse Pinkman and taken to the desert, Saul assumes that it is Lalo who has abducted him and starts begging for his life, blaming Ignacio for what happened, swearing he's always been friends with the cartel. After realizing Walter and Jesse's confusion, he understands he had mistaken them for Lalo and sighs in relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

kenmm wrote: »
    Also - the usual problem of characters now visibly 10+ years older than when they were in BB is really showing - "Younger" gus (In last night BCS is now looks like BB Gus's da' :D

Mike looks like Mike's Grandad! A touch more of CGI here or there, would not go amiss. Maybe it was too much effort and they decided to leave it?

I find it is the only time my suspension of disbelief seeing a visably elderly Mike in fighting scenes or showing off the wrinkly body.
    Gus looks old but at least he just stands there looking menacing and calculating.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

steve_r wrote: »

I enjoyed the last few, both I would describe as tidy.
    Especially the last one 'Dedicado a Max'. The start was great and the shots they used. My favorite bit was when the hard hat lads, and Saul were looking down the camera - the viewer had no idea what they were at.
    I thought it fleshed out the beginning of Kim's fall? And it also explained the growing Gus and Mike Dynamic.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

When Saul was breaking up the pottery in the bag on the kitchen he was also talking about a curry that would not be ready for some time
    Was there some significance to that for a new scam or simply just dinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone cop the foreman was Bender from Futurama

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Great series. Kim is a fine bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭Homelander

The one enduring niggle I have that really prevents the show from being a classic is the surprisingly lack of effort in making Kim and Jimmy's relationship work and feel credible. I just don't buy it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Syncpolice

Homelander wrote: »
    The one enduring niggle I have that really prevents the show from being a classic is the surprisingly lack of effort in making Kim and Jimmy's relationship work and feel credible. I just don't buy it at all.

There's no spark at all

It's like she dislikes him off set or something

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Anyone cop the foreman was Bender from Futurama

i didnt, i love bender

Syncpolice wrote: »
    There's no spark at all

It's like she dislikes him off set or something

I think this part they nailed it - They got together with all the wild dreams and passion at the start and now they have both changed a bit and the relationship has suffered and they are drifting apart.

Great series. Kim is a fine bird.

It's all about the ponytail! That impression that Rhea Seehorn did of the southern accent was gas considering she had to act it 'badly'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I've kept away, because I only got to see episode 5 today. First unbidden word out of my mouth was "brilliant". Haven't read any or your posts yet, because I might give it a second watch.

I wonder what Kim is up to. She's treading a fine line with the boss Ritch, there! Perhaps she's setting something up, as advised by Jimmy. Or.... she lost the plot when she ran out of the office to confront him. Can't believe that though.

"Dedicado a Max" only realised who Max was when Gus stood in front of the fountain. Also, nice to see the doctor again. I think when I saw him before, he was treating poor people for free. Also didn't he run the temporary ER in BB?

As ever, I keep forgetting this is about drug lords and their soldiers, and a misguided boy become lawyer - no, he's still not a scumbag, I still hope for redemption!

OK, there's some filler, but I think we're being spoonfed Kim 's story. But, for me the Gus story is getting very interesting.

Advertisement