Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

5.7: Two things really caught my attention there.
    - Fring getting into the car after the explosion.. his lip was trembling. Man was furious from what I could tell. Which is some stellar acting from Giancarlo Esposito cos that totally took my attention away from the classic walk-away-from-explosion moment.

- That kinda slo-mo scene where it looked like Jimmy was considering what he was about to do to the family and then the cut to him standing up and doing the defence. I thought "oh he's empathising" but then I wasn't sure. I'm not sure I know what's going on in his head there. Not sure I get his motivation. I'm slightly doubting he was empathising. Was he thinking about the money maybe. I dunno.
    When I saw that Jimmy reflection scene in the show. My first thought was - it looked like Charlie Sheen!

I kinda thought he looked like Alan Rickman as Severus Snape in Harry Potter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

I dunno, I think the ack of de-aging is paying homage to BCS' birthplace, Breaking Bad. De-aging would have stolen the light somewhat from BB, which was never Gilligans intention from the outset imo.
    Its like he wants the conversation to just have BCS always compared to BB as opposed to the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

I dunno, I think the ack of de-aging is paying homage to BCS' birthplace, Breaking Bad. De-aging would have stolen the light somewhat from BB, which was never Gilligans intention from the outset imo.
    Its like he wants the conversation to just have BCS always compared to BB as opposed to the other way round.

To be honest I'm not sure how successful they thought BCS would be. When they started they just assumed a bit of suspension of disbelief would be applied, but as it goes on and gets stretched out to 6 seasons, the characters are getting older, so it doesnt make sense to start making them look younger now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I enjoyed Fring standing up to deliver his speech at the board meeting and then rolling out the fries - all so tacky and fake.

I thought Kim was going to say no to Jimmy at the alter but no she's fully in with him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Noo wrote: »
    To be honest I'm not sure how successful they thought BCS would be. When they started they just assumed a bit of suspension of disbelief would be applied, but as it goes on and gets stretched out to 6 seasons, the characters are getting older, so it doesnt make sense to start making them look younger now.

That too, it's success must have been underestimated from the outset. Would he have not set out with 6 series or would Vince G have made up later series on the fly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Kim will end up in a barrel buried out in the desert

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

They do look older... but it’s a very small price to pay for such a great show... it’s probably going to be a long time till we get another season unfortunately

Why ? isn't the last season scheduled for 2021 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Why ? isn't the last season scheduled for 2021 ?

yeah but you can see almost everything being pushed because of the current situation

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

I’ll ask a hypothetical here.

I prefer BCS to BB in pretty much every way. I’ve rewatched BB several times and enjoyed it every single time. Have people here rewatched BCS or have you the urge to? I love this show but I don’t think I could watch the likes of the kettlemen stories again or chuck going slowly insane again.

Is this show rewatchable?

I can’t wait for it all to end and watch in chronological order. From the start of BCS to BB and then hopefully hopefully what “gene” gets up to afterwards...IF that’s what they do.

I rewatched it this summer while waiting for the current season. Still utterly compulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

That too, it's success must have been underestimated from the outset. Would he have not set out with 6 series or would Vince G have made up later series on the fly?

Please don't mention "the fly" !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

I rewatched it this summer while waiting for the current season. Still utterly compulsive.

Think that's my Friday night sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Please don't mention "the fly" !!

When I first saw that episode I hated it, love it now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

yeah but you can see almost everything being pushed because of the current situation

Mike'll be 80+ by the time season 6 is done (I'm guessing 2022 or 2023). It'll take an enormous stretch of the imagination to take him seriously as an enforcer/hitman. :cool:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

el diablo wrote: »
    Mike'll be 80+ by the time season 6 is done (I'm guessing 2022 or 2023). It'll take an enormous stretch of the imagination to take him seriously as an enforcer/hitman. :cool:

It doesn’t bother me. Mike is a badass, it’s just his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭Homelander

The bigger fear I always have is with that age category, there's an increasing risk of illness or worse that could leave the actor/actress unable to continue on in the role.

I mean for example what would you do with Mike, if that were to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,786 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

When I first saw that episode I hated it, love it now ...

All I remember is that I hated how there was always a bit before the intro tune, that you could miss if you praised play and went off to make a sandwich.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

De Bhál wrote: »
    I enjoyed Fring standing up to deliver his speech at the board meeting and then rolling out the fries - all so tacky and fake.

Thats what I love about Gus, his whole public v private persona. I loved him in the boardroom announcing the quarterly sales figures and then the Los Pollos Hermanos new curly fries "with that southwestern flavour". And then later in the hotel room discussing the construction of the meth lab with Peter. Hes a superb character.

I wanted those curly fries so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Noo wrote: »
    I wanted those curly fries so bad!

same here, you might have issues with the man, but at least you know he keeps the place hygienic!

EUrypmkU4AQBkoE?format=jpg&name=medium

this video is from years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Watching it I got a horrible feeling that it could end up like the shawshank redemption! When they were discussing their dream homes ...the one with the swaying breeze...or whatever it was. I got an image of Jimmy cryptically saying to Kim to go to where the flowers sway in the breeze (wink wink) and I'll find you when all this over.

They wouldn't do that schmaltz to us would they? They never waste a scene but maybe its just to show us in a normal parallel life as a normal married couple it's something they might have done.

More likely as someone else said she'll end up in a barrel in the new mexcio desert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

What an episode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Literally just appeared on my Netflix... think I'll save this for later and have a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Literally just appeared on my Netflix... think I'll save this for later and have a few beers.

I have to unfollow the thread every week, stop emails with spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Best episode of the season so far. Really brings me back to Breaking Bad's filming style and tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

unbelievable episode! absolutely classic!

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Mike is what Walter was supposed to be. That speech he just gave Saul says all about what his motivations were, he never got greedy or tried to go above his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That. Was. Amazing.

Also, Kim's f*cked!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Wonderful!

Real Breaking Bad vibe!

The Salamanca twins or should I say the cousins!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Fantastic episode, Lalo now knows about Kim which is not good. That really is down to Jimmy not thinking things through. Also Mike knows about Kim which will mean Gus knows about her. Could be an opening for how Jimmy gets to know the Vacuum repair guy and she is the first client?
    So the guy in the garage who made the phone call was he Gus's inside man or did he tip off the Mexican gang. Broke Jimmy's heart to drink his own piss :)

Btw Mike had the tracker in Saul's gas tank cap. Was wondering why he took it

Advertisement