Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The start was comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The nurse that showed up in Chuck's room before the doctor arrived looked familiar :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

That scene with the toilet ... absolutely classic Saul ... so funny ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭squonk

I kind of got a bit bored in the middle of the episode this week. Don't get me wrong, I loved the 'Setup My Own State' guy and sex toilet guy but by the time he'd gotten to doing the will for the old lady I was starting to wonder if the episode was just going to turn into a montage of dodgy clients. It was funny how it progressed though to the jello on the nursing home. I don't find Chuck all that interesting to be honest. Seeing a Chuch episode had all the impact for me that a Meg Family Guy episode does. I did think it was going to pick up though when Saul said he was going to commit him to piss off the law firm. The Mike angle was interesting though. That kind of saved the episode for me. I wonder what his daughter is up to? It's just so hard to know now whether the cops are there for Mike or to talk to him about his daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am kind of rehashing points made by others byt I have really enjoyed Chuck.

He is constantly wary of Saul falling back into his old ways and seems to be the only chracter who really knows about his past (although could be wrong there).

Conversely, Chuck really represents Saul's moral compass. He is clearly holding back slightly due to the reigning in influence of Chuck and you feel he is Saul's moral compass for as long as he is around but after that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Loved it. Really like Chuck and find him interesting (but can totally understand people being bored by that). More Mike too is great, can't wait to see his story (surely next week). Obviously sex toilet and Mr Build His Own Country were great too.

It's a breath of fresh air and by far the best TV at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The nurse that showed up in Chuck's room before the doctor arrived looked familiar :confused:

She REALLY gets around!
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0245112/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Im getting the feeling that something will chuck will die and this is what will set jimmy to become saul as others said hes his moral compass and one of the things keeping him in line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

sky88 wrote: »
    Im getting the feeling that something will chuck will die and this is what will set jimmy to become saul as others said hes his moral compass and one of the things keeping him in line

I hope they sort it out soon, the whole Chuck thing I find tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm assuming if next week is the Mike episode and the cops are there to arrest him, he'll have Jimmy's card on him and thus will begin the beautiful friendship of Mike and Saul...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

squonk wrote: »
    I don't find Chuck all that interesting to be honest.

Me too, very non-compelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Mike and Jimmy / Saul in a room with the cops.....On a wing, it'll be Jimmy's first introduction to heavy organised crime. Not scary men with tattoos who talk big....just people who do (and do meaning do). How he fares in rescuing Mike will be his future told.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Been catching up over the past week or two. Enjoying it more than House of Cards, but that's not hard. Everyone needs a few crackpot clients and it's good to see Clea Duvall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Orange is the new black I think is where I know her from.

Edit: Maybe not I was thinking: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3417359104/nm0325390?ref_=nm_phs_md_1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Who was the woman in the car that went past Mike when he was Mike spying on & maybe the reason the cops came by, maybe he breached a restraining order? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Not sure, his daughter maybe?
    He looks after his grandkid a lot in BB and left his fortune to her before it all went tits up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Who was the woman in the car that went past Mike when he was Mike spying on & maybe the reason the cops came by, maybe he breached a restraining order? :confused:

I am leaning towards his daughter. But it could be anyone knowing the way the writers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Probably a silly thing to think about but I wonder why the tile of the most recent episode didn't end in "O", all the others did and do.

Could just be there to bug people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Probably a silly thing to think about but I wonder why the tile of the most recent episode didn't end in "O", all the others did and do.

Could just be there to bug people.

They wanted to call it Jello but for legal reasons could not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Very strong episode! Really enjoyed the final few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Very strong episode! Really enjoyed the final few minutes.

More on the serious side this week, rather than the light hearted humor we are used to. Jimmy was only in it for a short period this week. Was definetly the Mike show! Went in way too quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Yes, his black background and moral centre was always there but nice to see it sketched out in detail. I liked the way those two cops were dead before Mike started getting "drunk". A staged execution except they didn't know they were the dead meat.
    We also know that at this point he's straight(ish) and not connected to anyone heavy in New Mexico. Although thanks to helpful vets a man has options :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm just glad Kerry Condon is playing an American... Her own Irish accent would annoy me in a show like this...

I'm just glad Kerry Condon is playing an American... Her own Irish accent would annoy me in a show like this...

...and very bloody well too. I spend too much time giving out. Credit where credit is due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Did any of you notice one of those cops was the lad from Prison Break who killed those kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Enjoyed that! Poor mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Very enjoyable episode great performance by Jonathan Banks! I actually hate Walter White now for killing him!

Enjoyed that! Poor mike.

Indeed. But this was Mike's version of the tale. We've had cases of unreliable narrators throughout fiction. I'll take it as fact that there's three dead cops in Pittsburgh with Mike involved. He also tells a good tale and breaks into cars like a demon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Clear reference in my eyes

a9gm7TJ.jpg

Advertisement