Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Btw Mike had the tracker in Saul's gas tank cap. Was wondering why he took it

Ah, that makes sense. Was thinking he was going to do something to blow the car up, even after they pushed the car over. Was wondering why nothing happened after.

Fantastic episode. Though I would have thought they'd try lure the guy at the end out of the car, shoot him and take the car.

Definitely not looking good for Kim. Can see why she did what she did, but I can't see how it's going to end well for her now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Vince directed that episode! You could tell! Also I think both Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks deserve Emmys for this episode alone. Saul's look of despair and crying after the shootout and Mike's speech on why he is going to survive and what drives him. That actually made me sad as we know what happens in Breaking Bad and it makes me hate Walt more. A lot of symbolic stuff in this episode, from Jimmy refusing the space blanket as it reminds him of Chuck, to the end of his car and his "World's best Lawyer" coffee cup destroyed with a bullet. That's the end of Jimmy's old life and he is full Saul Goodman now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Going to go against the grain and say the episode bored me. Found it extremely slow and very predictable.

Actually fast forwarded through some of it - first time i did that in BCS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I know everything indicates Kim dies, but I really like the character and hope she doesn't somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭Penn

alroley wrote: »
    I know everything indicates Kim dies, but I really like the character and hope she doesn't somehow.

No I think as someone else has said, this could be how Saul learns about the vacuum guy who gives people new identities. Obviously the actor has passed, but they could still make it part of the story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great stuff. Best episode of this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Phenomenal episode

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Wow wow wow, what an episode! Really beautifully shot, excellent acting, Kim is such a good egg and I'm just so worried for her now that both Salamancas and Fring will know about her. Hope she gets an out via the vacuum sales guy...

That might be the most Jimmy has ever heard outta Mike :pac:.

Both of their dry crusty faces in glorious HD is nightmare fuel though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Fantastic fantastic episode

Didnt pick up on the angle for the space blanket

Not going to end well for Kim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Loved that. Reminded me a lot of the ‘Ozymandias’ episode of Breaking Bad were
    Hank dies
    : all the major stuff going down in the first half of the episode, then we’re left with the survivors in the dessert trying to both survive and deal with the trauma they’ve just experienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is this the exact version used? the bit that starts at 2:10

perhaps 2006 remaster https://open.spotify.com/album/1wTqD7FSQ8XgKPy8xBUaEV?highlight=spotify:track:3tBc6zaW5ojbpgKAn3iCL2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I jumped when I seen the foil

why was I thinking Kim was in that car at the end that would have been an epic twist. Vince Gilligan directed the episode very good episode to say the least I don't think those men were Nachos I've got something for him.

I think that was a Cartel inside job the marksman was Nachos doing I think America Horse with no name would have been a better tune for that montage scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

best tv moment (barr alan p as regard comedy irish man) in ten years.
    i used watch this mrs cretin in bed a few beers an amazing whisky and love it.
    i now have baby 6 month cretin girl. mammy in bed at 11am lol watched it then holding baby, so sober,tired and holding baby still incredible..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The poor Suziki. 1 - Didn't stand a chance of withstanding the killing a Toyota Top Gear test and 2 - its loss is akin to saying goodbye to the RV in Breaking Bad.

There were a number of nods to BB, including the gun barrel shot before Mike's firepower started tearing up the place. Credit to Gilligan on his direction. The desert doesn't do forgiveness. The eyes of the two lads were like cats, with the glow sticks.

Cactus dollar retrieval's a bitch. Didn't sting as much as 'I have people...', however and with that, the born survivor lives.

And Kim's eyes, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Brilliant episode, may watch it again in a few days.

Anyone know why
    took the fuel cap from the Suzuki?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Brilliant episode, may watch it again in a few days.

Anyone know why
    took the fuel cap from the Suzuki?

Someone explained it in a previous post; Mike had a tracker in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The poor Suziki. 1 - Didn't stand a chance of withstanding the killing a Toyota Top Gear test and 2 - its loss is akin to saying goodbye to the RV in Breaking Bad.

Actually I had a thought during the garage scene with the 2 lads cleaning out the car. Is this how Saul gets his caddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

leggo wrote: »
    Loved that. Reminded me a lot of the ‘Ozymandias’ episode of Breaking Bad were
    Hank dies
    : all the major stuff going down in the first half of the episode, then we’re left with the survivors in the dessert trying to both survive and deal with the trauma they’ve just experienced.

I think the episode of breaking bad it reminded me the most of was “The Fly”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Penn wrote: »

Fantastic episode. Though I would have thought they'd try lure the guy at the end out of the car, shoot him and take the car.

I think that was Saul's idea, but they didnt exactly have time to go through the details. Mike wouldn't be the type to spontaneously go along with Saul's plans but he really had no choice.
    The massive dramatic car roll was really rubbing in that the plan went ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Mike really left it late before saving Jimmy didn't he?! Was part of him willing the guy to pull the trigger before he stepped in? :pac:

Also reminded me of The Fly. But yeah I enjoyed it, and some possible key points, mainly Kim's imminent departure.

Jimmy seemed pleasantly surprised during his Saul Grylls moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Where did Saul get that coffee cup again? Thought the lone rider returning on his own was a bit weak, apart from that I thought it was good. Love the way Lalo gave Kim nothing, great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,984 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Brilliant episode, so many call backs to things that have gone through all of BCS and BB. The Davis and maine water bottle full of pi55 is a beautiful reference to what he's done to his life.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

This episode reminded me a lot of the Pine Barrens episode in the Sopranos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This episode reminded me a lot of the Pine Barrens episode in the Sopranos.

Really? I don’t see that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

But ‘The Fly’ is a terrible episode?!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,490 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Where did Saul get that coffee cup again? Thought the lone rider returning on his own was a bit weak, apart from that I thought it was good. Love the way Lalo gave Kim nothing, great character.

Kim gave the cup to him as a present, think it was when he got his bar licence back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Pacifico wrote: »
    But ‘The Fly’ is a terrible episode?!

It has divided opinion. Some people think it's one of the best.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

The Fly episode almost stopped me watching Breakig Bad the first time I watched it...

Watching it a second time, I thought it was great.... I was far more aware of the context.

BCS is doing great, especially this season IMO

It has really picked up after some really slow episodes

Do you think there will be a next season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,490 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

arccosh wrote:
    Do you think there will be a next season?

Next season is the last, apparently

Advertisement