Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mike really left it late before saving Jimmy didn't he?! Was part of him willing the guy to pull the trigger before he stepped in? :pac:

Also reminded me of The Fly. But yeah I enjoyed it, and some possible key points, mainly Kim's imminent departure.

Jimmy seemed pleasantly surprised during his Saul Grylls moment.

How did Mike know to set up there? it's a 31.6 mile off road track, how did he know that was the spot where Jimmy would be forced to stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

How did Mike know to set up there? it's a 31.6 mile off road track, how did he know that was the spot where Jimmy would be forced to stop?

Tracker is sauls car maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

GPS tracker in the petrol tank cap.... you see him take it before they dumped the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

arccosh wrote: »
    GPS tracker in the petrol tank cap.... you see him take it before they dumped the car

Ah yeah, that makes sense. But if he was on the road, surely the other guys would see/hear his car? And I presume he was shooting from up above so would he have had time to get out of the car, drag his weapons up to the spot, set up and shoot?

It's tv folks, anything is possible in fantasy, it was just a great episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ah yeah, that makes sense. But if he was on the road, surely the other guys would see/hear his car? And I presume he was shooting from up above so would he have had time to get out of the car, drag his weapons up to the spot, set up and shoot?

I find it quite easy to fill in the blanks here: it’s an open road in a desert, you can see cars coming from miles away. He’s tracking Saul on an empty road, then when three cars appear from out of nowhere headed in his direction in a clear effort to trap him, which is exactly what Mike would be looking out for, he knows it’s go time.

Like if you’re gonna go looking for flaws and plotholes, the BCS/BB world is a pretty bad place to do so as it’s one of the most detail-orientated prime TV shows ever. They’re obsessed with this stuff to the point it becomes part of the plot sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mike really left it late before saving Jimmy didn't he?! Was part of him willing the guy to pull the trigger before he stepped in? :pac:

I think you've answered each other's questions. Mike left it late to fire on the guys because he was following Saul from afar, and when the guys pulled him over he only had a limited amount of time to get out, set up the gun and get into a good sniping position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Pacifico wrote: »
    But ‘The Fly’ is a terrible episode?!

False.

This episode reminded me a lot of the Pine Barrens episode in the Sopranos.

That episode of the sopranos, this episode of BCS, the fly are all examples of “bottle episodes” one location/two characters.... I find them to be some of the best episodes of series

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Pacifico wrote: »
    But ‘The Fly’ is a terrible episode?!

True.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

True.

I pretty much LOVE every BB/BCS episode but the fly is just pure filler. I don’t love it and I don’t hate it but it doesn’t fit with the rest of that season at all. It’s a random filler to save on budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

This was a brilliant episode of BCS...no comparison to 'The Fly'

It drove the story on, built up Saul and Mike's relationship, got Kim involved with the Salamancas and had loads of action!

The fly is more focused on character then pushing the plot foward... that is not a weakness

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The fly is more focused on character then pushing the plot foward... that is not a weakness

Yeah I remember reading that they needed a bottle episode for budget/time reasons and had to come up with The Fly fairly quickly. But at the same time I really enjoyed the episode on repeat viewings. It's wonderfully acted and a great study of Walt's mindframe and character, and his relationship with Jesse.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

What a ****ing episode !

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Brilliant episode but unfortunately that is the beginning of the end of Kim :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Brilliant episode but unfortunately that is the beginning of the end of Kim :(

I just can't see Kim being killed. No way would Saul be able to overcome that and continue on with his life.

It’s pretty obvious that Kim joins the cartels

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The “where does Kim end up” question is what’s really driving this season for me. If she dies does that make Jimmy go FULL Saul, he’s pretty much already there so I don’t think so. Does she end up with the cartel? Does she meet the vacuum man?

Anyway. Best episode of BCS yet for me. I can’t see the comparisons to “the fly” at all! Where did that come from?!? It’s more like the barrels of money in the desert and Hank dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I just can't see Kim being killed. No way would Saul be able to overcome that and continue on with his life.

No idea on Kim and her life expectancy, but I disagree that Saul wouldn't be able to move on. Lalo's comparison to the cucaracha works for me.

IMO, Saul is very much a compartmentaliser. Not in anyway to compare how he feels about Chuck and Kim respectively, but his reaction to Chucks death was also telling. Chuck was pivotal in his life, but he was just able to close off that chamber and move on.

In Breaking Bad, I also think he is more conditioned to the Best Quality Vacuum store service than Walt or Jesse could be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I thought Kim was gona be in that flipped truck toward the end

Reckon she ends up with the vacuum guy after Lalo knows she’s around, Mike mentioned she was in the game, Saul just got the 100k, and Kim was willing to use her own cash for the Mesa verde cash settlement for the house, so they could easily get the 125k for the deluxe vacuum cleaner... sounds to obvious though!

Not read any theory’s about what happens. Rather just see how it pans out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Have to say that was the best episode of BCS - not just this season, but of all time!

amazing! will re watch later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I really don't see the comparisons to 'The Fly' tbh. That was a character building episode set entirely in one scene displaying how Walt was losing his grip on his sanity in his pursuit of absolute perfection, caused by a lack of budget to fit the episode order handed down by the network. This was a big budget episode that started with a shootout and about as much action as we've seen in BCS, shot in multiple locations across a vast desert, as well as in prison.

There was a lot of character development in this, sure, but the same can be said about most BCS episodes. And the episode, like 'The Fly', was a memorable episode (though even then this seems to be getting unanimous praise while that split the audience even in this thread alone, so audience reception doesn't even compare). And Vince Gilligan was EP for both of them, I guess. But they're very thin, general means of comparison. I don't get it.

Didn't Saul refer to Lalo in Breaking Bad ? when Walt and Jesse took him to the desert ?

Didn't Saul refer to Lalo in Breaking Bad ? when Walt and Jesse took him to the desert ?

i think you re right, i think he did

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Yes.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Yeah , just looked it up ...

interesting ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

One thing I don't get is that in BB mike tears the car apart looking for the tracker. Before he realises it's in the hub cap all along. Would that not have been the first place he looked considering we now know he uses that exact same technique in BCS?
    Just an observation. Very good episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I think she'll go the way of the vacuum guy too.

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    One thing I don't get is that in BB mike tears the car apart looking for the tracker. Before he realises it's in the hub cap all along. Would that not have been the first place he looked considering we now know he uses that exact same technique in BCS?
    Just an observation. Very good episode.

No that scene where he took the car completely apart was also BCS, season or 2 back ...

Advertisement