Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lalo thinks fast Kim has convinced him that Saul is innocent the twins are Family therefore they are innocent so that leaves Nacho as the next/only plausible suspect. Nacho is going to die screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Kim telling Lalo this man doesn't lie to his clients or to me, when she turns to Jimmy the tears of endearment I'm betting episode ten opens with tell me what really happened to you out there or I walk out that door.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kim Wexler is the best character on TV at the moment, and Rhea Seehorn deserves all the awards.

Never cease to be impressed by the way the continued eloquence of the way this show is made - it uses every shot and cut to underscore something, and I've never seen a show where every episode scope seems so perfectly shaped (every episode is wholly satisfying as its own complete little thing) yet tantalisingly, expertly serialised at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I was sure Kim was toast when she went to answer the door

Great episode, that guy playing Lalo is excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Majestic

My partner hasnt seen bb thinks this is excellent. She can watch them in chronological sequence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

A lot of tension... heat... chemistry ? Between Lalo and Kim ? I think it’s pretty obvious those two are getting together... they will make a great couple...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

A lot of tension... heat... chemistry ? Between Lalo and Kim ? I think it’s pretty obvious those two are getting together... they will make a great couple...

Imagine that's what pushes Jimmy to become 100% Saul :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I didn’t want to even breathe for those last few minutes. One of the most gripping scenes I think I’ve ever watched. Unbelievable television. I trust the team behind this implicitly, if they announced they were going to do another spin-off on the intern who minded Chuck when Saul wouldn’t, I’d have complete faith they’d somehow make it an all-time great show. I don’t ever want to leave this world or for these guys to stop telling me stories.

The fact that we know Kim doesn’t make it to BB makes every scene where she’s in potential danger essential. It would’ve made for worse TV but I was just praying Lalo would let her go, then when she started putting it up to him? Holy ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Fvck me that was good, so tense.

I was positive Lalo was gonna get Mike Check'd.

Kim's farewell from the show next episode I reckon. Surely she just hits the road. No way Jimmy would continue as Saul if he caused her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Best tv I have seen in a while. 5/5 would watch again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Wow. Heart is still thumping after that. One of the standout scenes I've seen for a long time, the menace and tension. Tapping the fishbowl - such a great touch that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Of course, I see it now, it's an Easter Egg that's been in front of us the whole time, after all it's all about drugs so it's all about.................................

KiLo

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Loved that scene at the end. Couldn't move on the couch. Wow!

Confused on one thing and maybe you can help me out. Why would Bolsa want to steal the money? That would keep Lalo in jail. What is the upside of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭munster87

Hector loving life in the party hat! Ha

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Wow, what an episode! Kim is such a gem. Couldn't believe the nerve of Jimmy telling her she was wrong to quit, just goes to show how self absorbed he's become already.

Can't see her staying past the next episode. She won't take the heat!

Did anyone catch what it was she went back to her office to collect? Some little ornament thing? Have we seen it before?

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Loved that scene at the end. Couldn't move on the couch. Wow!

Confused on one thing and maybe you can help me out. Why would Bolsa want to steal the money? That would keep Lalo in jail. What is the upside of that?

I believe Bolsa doesn't trust him, wants to keep Lalo locked up. For what reason, we don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

these two last episodes striked so much back to BB days, the emotional turmoil/ developments seems like joining almost walts story from different parts onto Jimmy, the desert scene with exhaustion, bullet hole in the cup, standing back to lalo, and mikes rush to get to jimmy. Writing is just perfect to bring so much tension back from BB into BCS.

i sort of wrote kim off at the start of season as just a filler but last couple episodes brought back that same brilliant acting from her, not just a filler.

that said seems timeline is merging quite fast as lalo mentioned Tuco will be out within year, that leaves Nacho and Kim to have their endings quite fast, but then again seems every part is done to perfection that leaves one craving just for a little bit more screen time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

MICKEYG wrote: »
    It seemed Bolsa was trying to help Gus as he's aware of Gus's recent "bad luck". Bolsa also obviously didn't want Lalo back down south of the border either as he's too disruptive. Lalo stuck in an American prison would suit Bolsa best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No words.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

NDWC wrote: »
    I was sure Kim was toast when she went to answer the door

Great episode, that guy playing Lalo is excellent!

I thought Mike was going to accidentally take out Kim, thought she might lunge forward as he was about to drop lalo

This series has belonged to Kim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

He was mighty impressed with her there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I could hardly watch. Really thought Kim was gone.

Hector with the birthday hat though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anyone recall what Saul said to wault about his wife in BB smth that she was cheating on him with postman :confused::D as do remember the mention just not sure if its was used as a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Did anyone catch what it was she went back to her office to collect? Some little ornament thing? Have we seen it before?

It was from a scam she ran with Jimmy, when they got the guy to buy the crazy fancy bottle of tequila, that was the bottle top.

Also the movie her and Jimmy were watching is called "his girl Friday", an old classic about a girl repeatedly returning to a toxic relationship with a charming criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Clareman wrote: »
    That scene was just amazing, Lalo just tapping the fish tank just heightened things up a notch,
    I was sure the bullet would go through Lalo and then the fish tank and Jimmy would be all a fluster picking up the fish and not giving a shite or not really batting an eyelid about Lalo! Could even picture it going into a bowl and a load of blood in the water.

Lalo thinks fast Kim has convinced him that Saul is innocent the twins are Family therefore they are innocent so that leaves Nacho as the next/only plausible suspect. .
    I don't follow you. Plausible suspect of doing what? if you think he believes Kim then what has Nacho done?

Lalo did not seem to notice the removed licence plate, or maybe he did and it was not mentioned for now. He could be playing them along, pretending to believe the story but knowing fine well the car was not shot by passersby if the plate was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wow!

It was from a scam she ran with Jimmy, when they got the guy to buy the crazy fancy bottle of tequila, that was the bottle top.

Also the movie her and Jimmy were watching is called "his girl Friday", an old classic about a girl repeatedly returning to a toxic relationship with a charming criminal.

Nice catch!! :D what a cool touch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Great TV

I love lalo, I'll be sorry when he's gone. Brilliant character.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nice catch!! :D what a cool touch
    I am usually slow on these things but copped it, the tequila has come up a lot, even has its own page, its a fictional tequila. I guess Kim thought it might be thrown out as rubbish after saying to foward stuff on.

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Zafiro_A%C3%B1ejo

The epsiode was 59mins. I presume them to be about 45mins and have it planned when it will end, I nearly always leave it until night to watch them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Choice_Road#Production
    Production
    The final scene, with Lalo arriving at Kim and Jimmy's apartment, ran for sixteen minutes without commercial breaks in the original broadcast in order to keep the dramatic tension. Other scenes in the episode were made shorter to allow for additional ad space, which enabled the ad-free final scene

Next one is the last episode of the season, hopefully its another long one.

The name of it is
    "Something Unforgivable" there was a "something stupid" episode before with the long montage some moaned about, so the something unforgivable could be a split between them. I think the some was playing in this weeks episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I hardly find it credible that Lalo fell for Kim's spiel.:confused:

Was she that convincing?

The alternative route back to Mexico makes me think perhaps not.

Advertisement