Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Spoilers for Breaking Bad below:
    Poor Drew Sharp. :( That really hit me hard when he got killed. Especially with the references to his parents and the missing persons' case. I mean, I know it's fiction. But you can just imagine the agony that his family went through, not knowing. He went out biking one day in the Sierras, and never came home. While we all know that he gruesomely ended up in a barrel of hydrofluoric acid, his family will never, ever get closure for it. I was actually knocked back a bit by it. Sick how fiction can do that to you.

The above image just reminded me of him. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That was by far the best episode yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

So great to finally get Mike's back story. Really enjoyed this episode. The stunt with the coffee & the notebook worked a little too well to be plausible however. Ah well, guess the writing can't be perfect all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Custardpi wrote: »
    So great to finally get Mike's back story. Really enjoyed this episode. The stunt with the coffee & the notebook worked a little too well to be plausible however. Ah well, guess the writing can't be perfect all the time.

Agreed. Saul was bang on with the spill...Mike a little clumsy with the lift. In reality, Sergeant Spud would have said "sure you haven't got a little something of mine there, son".

I assumed before it happened that the intention was just to get so much coffee on the notebook it would be ruined, thus possibly losing evidence in it if the cop wasn't good at backing up his notes (which would depend on Mike knowing his habits well).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

They have really got into the flow with this episode.
    Scenery and shots are top notch. The story-line had plenty pf tension in it and we learn that Mike is a softie underneath that hardened exterior (as well as being a ruthless killer).

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

That was by far the best episode yet.

Yes by far the best episode thus far,superb acting by Mike.

I'm just glad Kerry Condon is playing an American... Her own Irish accent would annoy me in a show like this...

Jayus I didn't know she was Irish! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I assumed before it happened that the intention was just to get so much coffee on the notebook it would be ruined, thus possibly losing evidence in it if the cop wasn't good at backing up his notes (which would depend on Mike knowing his habits well).
    huh? The intention was for Mike to lift the notepad all along. There is no evidence in a notepad, unless the perpetrator wrote "I did it, signed me" inside it.

Analysis, notes of conversations/interviews with possible witnesses etc. Basically the cop's personal structure of the case against Mike. It would depend of course on Mike knowing how the cop operated. The lifting of the notebook was too clumsy & would have been spotted right away in real life.

• Advertisement

Jayus I didn't know she was Irish! :eek:

Its a long long way from Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I actually thought that episode was right up there with any Breaking Bad episode, it was just brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yep, fantastic stuff. Banks was epic. I thought our girl Kerry was a lil weak in the final scene. Not really her fault thought, you just find out yer hubbie was killed by his ex partners, I'm guessing rage, anger, hysterics? Not "wait, sooooo, lets play sherlock here, if they killed poor old Mattie, who killed THEM?!".

Plus Mike is no Huell:pac:

But other than those 2 little bits it was brilliant.

Maybe she had already figured out on some level what had happened to Mattie so that when Mike actually confirmed her suspicions it wasn't as shocking as if the revelation had come completely out of the blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

"He's somewhat taciturn." :pac::D

Also, Intermission headbutt girl!

The stunt with the coffee & the notebook worked a little too well to be plausible however. Ah well, guess the writing can't be perfect all the time.

This kind of "too perfect" stuff happened in Breaking Bad too, but I've learned to suspend my disbelief on these occasions. Sometimes you just need to, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

I'm just glad Kerry Condon is playing an American... Her own Irish accent would annoy me in a show like this...

The reason she was portrayed as Irish in the TWD because she was a banshee not a actual one but a symbolic one with her appearance and behavior a creepy and frightening character and a harbinger of death.
    TWD spoiler
    They had 6 good months at prison and then she appears
    and that night everything starts to go to hell

Fair play to her getting this role in another big show.
    I can never understand how non-american actors get cast so often in
    American every show seems to be full of them, Is there a shortage of actress among-est the 300 million people in the Continental North America

Better call saul is really really good.

I can never understand how non-american actors get cast so often in
    American every show seems to be full of them, Is there a shortage of actress among-est the 300 million people in the Continental North America

UK and Irish actresses have stage backgrounds which impresses casting directors. They want to be Judi Dench or Helen Mirren when they grow up. And those that can, can do accents very well. She probably isn't fooling any of the New Mexico - Pittsburgh community but that's showbiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Analysis, notes of conversations/interviews with possible witnesses etc. Basically the cop's personal structure of the case against Mike. It would depend of course on Mike knowing how the cop operated. The lifting of the notebook was too clumsy & would have been spotted right away in real life.

& i assume that's how he found out who else was involved in the case as well.
    It was a great back story for Mike & explains why he went to New Mexico & now for Saul's story on how he landed there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

wow, love this show, go Mike, one cool old dude........

• Advertisement

skibum wrote: »
    wow, love this show, go Mike, one cool old dude........

He reminds me of George Carlin without the humour:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Great episode alright.

BSC better in its first few eps is arguably better, definitely in my book, than BB was in its first few.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Did anybody else spot the fly on the black cops hand just before they got up and Jimmy spilled the coffee?

Did anybody else spot the fly on the black cops hand just before they got up and Jimmy spilled the coffee?

Yeah, wasn't going to read anything into it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

That's a strange take on it.

noodler wrote: »
    Great episode alright.

BSC better in its first few eps is arguably better, definitely in my book, than BB was in its first few.

Nah. BCS only got going in episode four so it's still lagging behind a bit and has yet to prove it can keep that momentum going.

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Nah. BCS only got going in episode four so it's still lagging behind a bit and has yet to prove it can keep that momentum going.

Totally disagree.

Just because it wasn't all double cop murdering in its early episodes doesn't mean the earlier episodes weren't very good imo.

Birneybau wrote: »
    That's a strange take on it.

Yeah, & wrong admittedly. But no more implausible than yer man not noticing within a minute or so that his notebook had been lifted.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Totally disagree.

Just because it wasn't all double cop murdering in its early episodes doesn't mean the earlier episodes weren't very good imo.

What makes you think that's why I didn't think the first three episodes weren't that great? :confused: Episode four was the first episode I really enjoyed, and that had no double homicides.

I loved BB from the start, and many people considered the first season as slow.

Advertisement