Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Nice reverse of season four's final shot at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Slippin' Kimmy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was sure Nacho was going to turn on Gus/Mike and find some way to tell Lalo about the attack without revealing he's been working for Gus. Even if Lalo was killed in the attack, the fact Nacho survived would have put him fairly in the crosshairs when it comes to Bolsa and Don Eladio who definitely would have suspected him.

Great finale though. Moves everything into the final stage for next season. Poor Howard though....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,638 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

alroley wrote: »
    Slippin' Kimmy

They were really clever with the title as well 'something unforgivable'. Making the viewer assume Kim was in danger. Whereas in fact she was the danger. It was interesting to see how she did not like Howard implying that she was not in control. Kind of going against her background of fighting against the odds - flashback with her mother few episodes ago.

Overall I got to be honest I thought there were better episodes. Despite Lalo and the guns scene etc I felt the previous episode was way more tense. Poor auld Nacho is definitely a dead man walking now. His father as well. Also it is only a matter of time before Lalo makes the Mike/Jimmy/Gus linkage.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I think we have two seasons left last one pre Breaking Bad era and then one final season where Breaking Bad has begun but Saul is coexisting in the same timeline before he meets Walt and Jessie

• Advertisement

I think we have two seasons left last one pre Breaking Bad era and then one final season where Breaking Bad has begun but Saul is coexisting in the same timeline before he meets Walt and Jessie

They have already confirmed that next season is the end.

They have already confirmed that next season is the end.

That can change though Saul makes his Breaking Bad debut in episode 8 of season 2 so that's potentially room for Saul to still exist separate for another season on his own away from Walt and Breaking Bad

I think they've already confirmed next season will be the last. I imagine they'll wrap up most of the story in the first 8-9 episodes, then we'll have the final episode completely post-BB with Gene.

They won't change that, especially considering the next season might already be delayed due to the pandemic, and there's not much for Saul to be doing in the timeframe of the start of BB before he meets Walt & Jesse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I read somewhere that final season will be 13 episodes now they might spilt it.
    Good final episode overall Lalo will be out for revenge on Nacho and Gus
    Now the long wait until the final season I could see it be second half of 2021 before we see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

What the fluck has happened to Kim?!
    She give Jimmy both barrels before the shower! Jaysus.
    And poor Howard. As I've said before he's the moral compass on the show. Can't believe they're gonna take him down.
    Not as good as the last few episodes, small bit of an anticlimax but lalos storm is coming for season 6!

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »

I saw on reddit that it's a reversal of last season's finale, where Jimmy got his law license back but said he was going to work under the name Saul Goodman. As he was walking away from Kim he gave her the finger-guns. Now she's doing it to him.

Penn wrote: »
    I saw on reddit that it's a reversal of last season's finale, where Jimmy got his law license back but said he was going to work under the name Saul Goodman. As he was walking away from Kim he gave her the finger-guns. Now she's doing it to him.

It is!

EWIVl01XQAcB9hb?format=jpg&name=medium

Just finished watching BB Season 2 Ep 8

Saul answers the phone Saul Goodman and associates. It's still one of my favorite episodes of the series.

Kim could be still around during Breaking Bad running her pro bono practice using Walter White's money.

Or she could be in jail for setting up Howard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Penn wrote: »

Brilliant role reversal...but my comment was more on the fact that Jimmy has only told her a day ago that he was in a shootout, had a gun to his head, is obviously suffering from PTSD and she gives him the pow pow!! But yeah, great throwback to season 4.

Brilliant role reversal...but my comment was more on the fact that Jimmy has only told her a day ago that he was in a shootout, had a gun to his head, is obviously suffering from PTSD and she gives him the pow pow!!

Oh yeah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This season of Better Call Saul was brilliant, by far the best so far and the last two or three episodes rivaled anything Breaking Bad has put out. The final episode was a disappointment though, it felt like it was building up to much more than that. It does set things up nicely for the final season but as an episode itself it was fairly poor, plus we will be waiting a long time for the final season presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I went back and watched the first episode of the first season a few days ago, this series is damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

And poor Howard. As I've said before he's the moral compass on the show. Can't believe they're gonna take him down.
    Not as good as the last few episodes, small bit of an anticlimax but lalos storm is coming for season 6!

Howard's a bit of a tool but a good bloke all the same. It's quite jarring having him still there since season 1 and continuing to acting normal, while Kim and Jimmy become increasingly scummy, but I guess that's the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JasonEire

Thought last weeks episode was amazing. The finale was pretty good. Will watch it again in a day or two. Great review by Alan Sepinwall on rollingstone.com

• Advertisement

Howard's a bit of a tool but a good bloke all the same. It's quite jarring having him still there since season 1 and continuing to acting normal, while Kim and Jimmy become increasingly scummy, but I guess that's the point.

Plus Howard wanted to give Jimmy the chance in HHM orginally but he was stopped by Chuck because he knew what Jimmy was like. Second time he gave him the chance and now knows Chuck was right.

I can't recall Howard ever doing anything that bad to make Kim despise him so much that she wants to destroy him and his career. He put her in doc review or whatever for a while and tried to keep her away from Mesa Verde after she brought them to HHM. Was that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I can't recall Howard ever doing anything that bad to make Kim despise him so much that she wants to destroy him and his career. He put her in doc review or whatever for a while and tried to keep her away from Mesa Verde after she brought them to HHM. Was that it?

How would you like to be a Mitchelin Star cook who brought fame, fortune and glory to your restaurant and were then put in the basement with the mexicans peeling potatoes?

Subtle torture and degrading treatment lost on you - not to mention career ending demotions.

Ah she's just cracked, there's no logic in wanting to destroy Howard other than he's a bit of an uppity tosser who assumed he held the keys to making the lives of Jimmy and Kim better.

I guess the signs were always there that Kim would end up embracing being as much of a **** as Jimmy is, but personally speaking I always chose to overlook them. I always assumed she'd end up getting shunted off to a new life by the vacuum guy but I can see a much more darker ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ah she's just cracked, there's no logic in wanting to destroy Howard other than he's a bit of an uppity tosser who assumed he held the keys to making the lives of Jimmy and Kim better.

I guess the signs were always there that Kim would end up embracing being as much of a **** as Jimmy is, but personally speaking I always chose to overlook them. I always assumed she'd end up getting shunted off to a new life by the vacuum guy but I can see a much more darker ending.

Totally agree.

It appears she has simply totally lost the plot.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Totally agree.

It appears she has simply totally lost the plot.

I am starting to wonder is Kim's 180 plausible? Seems to have happened very suddenly. I would preferred to have seen her change more gradually, and it would have been more believable. Not so long ago she wanted to stop Jimmy's Mesa Verde main plan. It makes no sense character wise the more I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

See for me it makes total sense when you consider the scene with her mother that opened one episode. When you have someone like that who’s grown up around those kind of people, I remember I heard it described as they flip a coin between trying to control/save them and just saying “**** it” in exasperation and becoming exactly like them. I think we saw Kim for the past few seasons try to save Jimmy from his worst impulses, while also occasionally saying “**** it” and dabbling in some low level cons. When she got to the crossroads of having to leave Jimmy or accept and embrace who he was, she didn’t have the heart so doubled down. Then even last week I was saying it wouldn’t surprised me if her showdown with Lalo exhilarated her.

They haven’t spelled it out but the pieces are actually all there if you look, and it also flips the narrative on its head that she’s some damsel in distress who was in danger (which is also the assumption from Howard that pushed her over the edge here). I wasn’t expecting it, I didn’t know how I felt about it in the moment, but the more I think about it the more I love Saul now trying to be the voice of reason and Kim breaking bad. Obviously the pew pew scene is confirmation of this on their end.

Loved every second of that series. I’m not going to go hard on this episode for not being up to scratch with the last two because that’s comparing it to two of the best TV episodes I’ve watched in the past few years. It kept me hooked and I genuinely thought this was it for Lalo but also found it exciting and much better for the plot that he survived. They’ve somehow made him a believable terminator character and that’s like the 15th most impressive thing they’ve done this season. Great job, I’ll miss it now on Tuesdays.

There has been evidence of Kim being shady as **** before. She loved that expensive tequila scam. She initiated the second scam in a bar that her and Jimmy did. She was the brains behind the letter scam for Huel. She lied to her client earlier this season.

Kim's always flipped flopped between right and wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anybody think the public defender's backlog of felony cases is going to be a rich source of material for Kim and Jimmy to hang out Howard?

On first watch I thought she was actively seeking something out.

My imagination may be running away with me.

• Advertisement

I am starting to wonder is Kim's 180 plausible? Seems to have happened very suddenly. I would preferred to have seen her change more gradually, and it would have been more believable. Not so long ago she wanted to stop Jimmy's Mesa Verde main plan. It makes no sense character wise the more I think about it.

I always viewed Kim like a black hole slowly imploding into nothing and Jimmy's scheming is just the vehicle, so I find it plausible.

Advertisement