Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

I was just thinking the same yesterday, can you imagine the WTF moment, if she turns up in a Gene episode .... wow...

Btw check out this poster, really cool ..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Gus left a gun hidden in the digger. But I was thinking there must be a reason. I remember Gus came to the realisation when he said to Mike that ‘Lalo cannot strike…not yet…’

This to me meant that Gus finally copped on that Lalo will be amassing more evidence on the lab. In order to inform the Cartel so they can make a move on Gus.

Gus knows (like we do) that Lalo has no one he can trust in America. He had to use Jimmy with to collect his bags of money. Also it is not the first time Gus has planned a murder in his lab. The ‘waiting game’ for Gus is he is waiting for Lalo to find that Lab.

We know the lab is not destroyed until much later in BB.

We can assume that the gun will be used later. When Lalo underestimates Gus?

And does Gus kill Lalo or does Gus assume he is dead?

Remember Gus to Hector in BB - ‘You are the last remaining Salamanca and the name will die with you….’

The writers have to tie that in BCS somehow. A lot can happen in a secret underground lab, buried deep in the ground, with a gun hidden in a digger.

Plus I assume the lab is soundproof to a gun shot?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

In fairness, it does pick up a lot in s2/s3 as the cartel stuff gets more and more central.

I did like S1 too, but can understand why people don't, so I would stick it out @fryup till at least S2 end, and okay if you still aren't into it , give it up.

Yeah it was on the phone all the info got was. ‘The South Wall’ tons of concrete. And Mike / Michael- Gus Fring was invoked. Before Mike stopped the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

As regards Gus storming out of Los Pollos:

I saw it suggested somewhere that it was the guy's mention of Curly Fries, which Gus pitched at the Madrigal meeting in a previous season, where himself and Lydia met the German chief of operations. So he twigged the "German" connection of the curly fries being linked to Germany, and his suspicious construction project being linked to Germany. So maybe he suspects Lalo of doing some digging there?

It's a stretch, but makes a certain amount of sense?

Plus then visiting the lab, and acting out a scenario where Lalo finds himself in there with Gus? ie Leaving the gun 6 paces from where he was standing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I think Gus storming out of Los Pollos is just a man at his wits end who is usually in control of everything but at present he cannot control Lalo.

I think leaving the gun in the track of the JCB is probably with Lalo in mind I wouldn't be surprised if Gus brings Lalo to the lab and shoots Lalo with the hidden gun and also buries him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I had the same thought, Gus as far as I can recall never carried a gun in BB so just before he left his office the camera highlighted the fact that he has to carry one now in fear that Lalo may try kill him at any point. He drifts away into looking out into the carpark wondering is Lalo out there and then the noise of the trays dropping startles him out of his fear.

Now its time to be the Gus we know from BB and get Lalo before Lalo gets him.

In saying that I think it may not be Lalo that gets the chop in the lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Werner's wife wasn't a very convincing German. Jaywalking and shoes on in the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yep. The pedestrian crossing was like, right next to where she crossed. Never in a million years.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,420 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

He paced out 7 steps from the edge to the place he put the gun. Why does he need to know that distance so precisely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Melodeon

He paced off the distance from a connector in an electrical cable to the hidden gun. I'd say he's planning to plunge the place into darkness and go for the gun.

Ok if you noticed he stepped over a plug that seemed to power the lights my thinking is that he will cut the lights for a short time he can pace his 7 steps in the dark put his hand on the gun and when the lights come back shoot Lalo or whoever

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

" The reasoning for Better Call Saul's split is to nominate each half of the season for different Emmy ceremonies, as the first half would be eligible for the 2022 Emmy Awards, while eligibility for the next year's ceremony begins in June.[94] The first seven episodes began airing April 18, 2022, and the last six episodes will air beginning July 11, 2022"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm a bit concerned given the pace, this can be wrapped up satisfactorily in 8 episodes. Cartel stuff is moving well, but feels like Saul Goodmans story is at a snails pace. This is supposed to feature the breaking bad timeline also.

Toilet analysis and significant of toilets in BCS....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I find it so hard to work out Kim's motivations. She absolutely thrives on being a good, helpful, lawyer for the little guy, but still feels the need to do the Lady Macbeth act with Jimmy. Is it simply boredom? Albuquerque sure does look boring.

Also, for a couple I am fascinated by, there is zero chemistry between them. It's actually strange seeing them kiss. They give off big brother and sister energy to me and yet I think they are both absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Yeah, I keep thinking the same, very cool for a recently married couple.

I have a vague recollection that the marriage was pragmatic so that she couldn't be called to testify against him (and vice-versa)?

100412.2526@compuserve.com

Breakdown of what we can expect in the next episode based on the two trailers and some promotional stills from the episode including meeting Mrs Howard Hamlin by the looks of things Usually the trailers throw you off what actually happens but it does throw up some interesting theories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Serious question..... Why would anyone watch that video instead of waiting for the episode? I find it unfathomable.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose some fans watch promos for "on next week's episode" and try and work out what's going to happen I mean one of the trailers might make it look like Mike is facing off against Lalo but that isn't going to happen, it's just clever editing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Yeah. I don't even look at this thread from 8am on Tuesday until I've watched the latest episode 😁

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Watched this week episode late - i tend to avoid thread before i watched the latest episode lol.

Epi5: a standard build up episode that has so much going on - when the credit rolls i couldnt believe thats like 50mins gone lol.

Germany scene - wouldn't believe that was actually shot in US, beautifully done. And ye the wife is a bit less convincing as a german (open up to a stranger just like that, jaywalked etc), but ok just a short scene anyway. I like they captured her house from that angle so much (and ya ok maybe thats why she jaywalked to try to catch her train), the scene really brought me to germany for a moment - this show has some unreal quality on cinematography lol.

Gus: the tormented soul at this stage and it felt so strong at this stage this Gus is not the same Gus in BB. Gus in BCS has gone through hell to become the confident mofo in BB. And again, delightful scene in the WIP underground lab - the angle is just beautiful (and i felt weird keep saying 'angle' lmao). Apparently the lab set is "extremely complicated set to put together" lol - i just read that from wiki (from the director).

Kim/Jimmy - goddamn i thought they would let jimmy won the boxing scene (i thought they might take advantage of him trained hard for his Nobody movie ha), but ya the plot is getting intense on what will happen to Howard - to the point that Jimmy is willing take all that from Howard. The reveal (of the plot) better be great lol.

My fear after finished the episode is that oh god we will get 2 more episodes in May, and then we will need to wait til mid July for 'part 2'. I am willing to bet that they will give us some huge cliff hanger by the end of 'part 1'.🤣

also, does anyone know why the episode is called 'Black and Blue'?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm guessing the inevitable cliff hanger in a couple weeks will be something to do with Howard getting caught up with the cartel, PIs etc.

They can't put Jimmy/Mike/Gus in any peril for a cliffhanger, and Kim is surely due to stick around til the end so not as likely to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3 simple1

It was actually shot in Germany, only found this out from the Better Call Saul Insider podcast, which is an excellent listen after watching the episode, Vince Gilligan is a guest on it each week and they do an in depth analysis of the episode with no spoilers (unless you haven't watched the episode prior to listening to it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

My guess was some reference in the boxing match to the black eye and Howards usual blue clothing (Hamlindigo Blue?), maybe there's a Gus reference for it as well.

ah i read that the house is filmed at Albuquerque.

The scenes at Margarethe's home were filmed at an Albuquerque house with exteriors and interiors the production crew felt looked reasonably European, while Werner's office was created on set to appear as if it fits into the home. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_and_Blue_(Better_Call_Saul)

Maybe the podcast meant some other scenes (the bar?)?

But ya I am actually keen to listen to that podcast at work ha, I'll look it up.

You had a good guess🤣 ye i looked it up:

...the phrase "beaten black and blue" can refer to bruising such as the one sustained by Jimmy.

...title of this episode could be a reference to the Breaking Bad season 2 episode "Negro y Azul", which precedes the debut of Saul Goodman in the following episode, "Better Call Saul".

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Black_and_Blue

😀.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was wondering why he would offer do double Francesca's salary.

• Advertisement

I think it as simple as Jimmy trusts her. Very important for him given the nature of his clientele.

Advertisement