Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I think BCS is meant to be more of a slow burner & character driven show than BB was, you're not going to see as many high octane moments as in Walt & Jesse's Wacky Adventures.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Cina wrote: »
    Um, by now Walt had already gotten cancer, killed two people, and blown up Tuco's hideout.

Breaking Bad's first season was not remotely as 'slow' as this has been so far.

I don't know why people equate lack of 'action' (as defined by explosions and murders above) as slow..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Walt and Jesse were on a one season burn out for season one of BB. Tuco was the ultimate bad guy. So Wacky Adventures is correct. Its only when BB gets renewed and opens out that things slow down and things get deep.
    I'm still doing my BB rewatch and watched the cartel massacre last night.
    Mike, the poor man, wasted a cartel hit man with a garotte in the same way I'd dip a cigarette.
    I'm calling time on Mike's bull**** grieving dad routine, He offed those cops because they screwed up a profitable sideline. They probably weren't meant to involve his son...thereby justifying the rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

^^ can't agree with that, Mike killed those cops out of pure revenge, I don't think Mike was even getting a kick back from that particular dodgy deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

^^ can't agree with that, Mike killed those cops out of pure revenge, I don't think Mike was even getting a kick back from that particular dodgy deal.

Definitely not.

He knew what went down but he was killing them out of revenge not greed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

I feel so much worse for Mike now after having seen this. It all makes sense! Jesse was replacing Matty and Walt is like the crooked cops, corrupting Jesse and leading him down a dark path.

RkWiXyW.jpg

Yeah, because Jesse was such a choir boy before he met Walt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Custardpi wrote: »
    Yeah, because Jesse was such a choir boy before he met Walt.

Of course he wasn't as innocent as Matty but I think Mike saw a bit of Matty in him. Either way you can't deny that Walt left him much much worse off, truly corrupting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I've been enjoying this so far.
    I find it annoying when an episode lacks action or a major event that people call it slow or boring.

It's all about back story, scene setting and character development. This often brings great dialogue.

One of the greatest things for me about BB was the great dialogue from the characters as well the other stuff.

Just sit back, be patient and enjoy the ride folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I would like the show to focus on Saul post BB. We got only one shot of him at the start of episode 1 working in some Mall diner.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

kn wrote: »
    I would like the show to focus on Saul post BB. We got only one shot of him at the start of episode 1 working in some Mall diner.
    Well, it's not about Saul post BB, so you'll be waiting a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

kn wrote: »
    How dare you?! It's a Cinnabon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Yup. If the show happens to go on years though, I'm pretty sure the plan is to go back there once it hits the wall of stories it can tell pre-BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

So after last weeks episode I think someone mentioned the Breaking Bad pilot, and I thought to myself I wouldn't mind seeing that episode again. As of last night I'm well into season 4. Very unproductive weekend, but great all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

The show is about Jimmy and Saul pre, during and post BB. It is focussing on pre at the moment. You are assuming a linear time line. I expect to get some flash forwards towards the end of the season as to how Saul is getting on post BB. It could take a time hop at any moment.

bren2001 wrote: »
    The show is about Jimmy and Saul pre, during and post BB. It is focussing on pre at the moment. You are assuming a linear time line. I expect to get some flash forwards towards the end of the season as to how Saul is getting on post BB. It could take a time hop at any moment.
    I'm not assuming a linear timeline, the show is giving me a linear time line! Apart from 2 minutes at the very start of the very first episode and showing us Mikes backstory, it has been linear! The possibility of a flash forward for 2 minutes at the end of the last episode doesn't change the fact that the show is based 6 years before BB even happens. Maybe in future SEASONS we'll get to BB and post BB era, but right now it's not about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I can't imagine much if any of Better Call Saul will take place during the time Saul is involved with Walt. I would be really happy if this was kept to 2 maybe 3 seasons any more and I think they will be scraping the barrel, which would be a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Looking back in hindsight, nothing spectacular happened in the first season of BrBa either.

Walt committed his first murder three episodes in.

It's not the murder and "action" that is significant about that, it's Walt's swiftly declining moral standards that made it compelling.

I guess they're going slower with showing Saul's slide, but it needs a bit more forward momentum, IMO. It needs to wax and wane a bit more strongly and frequently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Just watched the most recent episode.
    Another good episode and it looks like being a decent guy is starting to take it's toll on Jimmy, it's all set up for him to crack in the last 3 episodes of the season and stop pretending to be somebody else and become Saul.

No good deed goes unpunished. Mike and Saul now have a grudging respect for each others abilities.
    And that annoying pair of amateur thieves have left the building (I hope).

• Advertisement

No good deed goes unpunished. Mike and Saul now have a grudging respect for each others abilities.
    And that annoying pair of amateur thieves have left the building (I hope).
    Dunno, I wouldn't mind the wife sticking around for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Loved the bingo scene :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Cracking good episode,what's the story with Jimmy and Kim?Are they just friends?I could definitely see things developing...

Dunno, I wouldn't mind the wife sticking around for a while.

Probably for very different reasons from you, but me too. She's a very watchable character. Stepford Kettleman!

Great to see the Kettlemans get got though.

Also, "It's like 'The 25th Hour' with Ned and Maud Flanders!". :D:D:D

Really enjoyed this episode overall.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Cracking good episode,what's the story with Jimmy and Kim?Are they just friends?I could definitely see things developing...

I'd say they've already ridden and will ride again in the future.

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    I'd say they've already ridden and will ride again in the future.

You old romantic, you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

I really enjoyed this episode, Mike as ever, is the dude and Jimmy is a sound guy who does the right thing for the people he loves.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I wonder if they'll jump back to the present before the end of the series. Sad to see Jimmy in that depressed funk in episode 1. I'd love if he got the opportunity to start scamming again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Thought that was probably the worst episode yet. Disappointing after last weeks excellent episode.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed this episode. Obviously not as dramatic as the previous one, but then again they can't all be. Good to see Chuck on the road to recovery. Hopefully this will be the end of the Kettleson plotline. At the start of the episode when it shows the wall of wanted criminals was anyone else trying to spot if they recognised anyone from BB? I could be mistaken but I could have sworn that one of the poster faces
    looked like one of the neo-nazi pest exterminator gang Walt teams up with.

Advertisement