Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

The mysteries of the bladder eh?

Loved this episode... Even had me laughing out loud for a few bits as plot thickens.

The scene with the mugshots was pretty good. I reckon there's a few fellas in there that could pop up somewhere alright, it was on that shot for ages.

The police officer and Mike also looked like they were up on that wall too the way it was shot with just their heads in the foreground so maybe the Philly cop will end up doing something for Mike in the future and end up being wanted too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Unearthly wrote: »
    Thought that was probably the worst episode yet. Disappointing after last weeks excellent episode.

No fecking way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭squonk

Good episode but I did end up wondering where it was all going. It's still pretty slow and I'm not sure just where it's going at this point. I know Saul has to embrace a life of crime at some point but he's dong well being good for now. I suppose something comes along to push him over the edge he's currently going towards.

I hope Mrs. Kettleson sticks around too. The husband is hapless but she's like the anti Walt! I do think she was the 'no brains' of the operation. Ambition over ability really but she's such a bitch I'd like to see more of her!

I hope the pace picks up over the next few. It's kind of becoming almost anti climactic at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

seligehgit wrote: »
    Cracking good episode,what's the story with Jimmy and Kim?Are they just friends?I could definitely see things developing...

They are siblings. When he was showing her around the new office he said 'our elderly brother would prefer that'.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

They are siblings. When he was showing her around the new office he said 'our elderly brother would prefer that'.

Think you're wrong there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The way he was painting her toe nails shows that if they are siblings, they should be Jimmy and Kim Lannister to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Think you're wrong there!

Ha Ha you're right. I just re watched the scene and he says 'our elderly brethren would prefer that'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They are siblings.

Siblings? Bloody hell.

You're an only child, aren't you? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mr. Kettleman has a striking resemblance to Bruce Springsteen IMO.

I really wanted to give Jimmy a hug at the end there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Birneybau wrote: »
    The way he was painting her toe nails shows that if they are siblings, they should be Jimmy and Kim Lannister to be honest.

Not to mention her response to an unwanted 2 am phone call from jimmy is "I'm not talking dirty to you".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Kirby wrote: »
    Siblings? Bloody hell.

You're an only child, aren't you? :P

I am an only child....but if she was my sister...well .... things might get weird.

Seriously, I get the impression they're both friends in the best sense of the word. Both knowing that if it decamped to the bedroom they'd lose more than they gain by staying allies. Instead we flirt and plot.

As in who may appear soon . . . the BB rewatch continues - Saul has been doing business with the pest exterminators for five years or so. You recall, tent a house, make an inventory, eliminate bugs then pay a return visit to turn the house over.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

stop pretending to be somebody else and become Saul

I think it is the other way around Jimmy McGill is pretending to be Saul :D

Then again, Bob Odenkirk is pretending to be both Jimmy McGill and Saul Goodman.....:confused:

;)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    I'd say they've already ridden and will ride again in the future.

Cover yourself legally and say "allegedly" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

You old romantic, you ;)

RIDING!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

Loving BCS so far. It's not a slow burner like BREAKING BAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Really enjoying the show so far, I haven't a clue where its going (except that Jimmy turns into Saul at some stage down the line) and I'm ok with that.

I don't think it's going to be a show with lots of murder and violence like Breaking Bad so people expecting that will be disappointed but its a very good show in its own right or at least has the potential to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really enjoying this. Though every week I keep waiting for it to explode into action. That's not to say it's not very good however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Wow what an episode!

Interesting thing to note -> https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfAmericanSamoa

Some great theories already from reddit:

What was significant about 1868?
    They said 1933 was when Hitler came to power.
    1868 was when Japanese imperialism began after the fall of the shogun.
    Germany and the Japanese teamed up in WW2.
    Therefore, Chuck is going to side with Hitler.
    And Jimmy is going to declare war on both of them.

Could explain how Saul comes to be, betrayed by his own brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

It was a brilliant episode. Great to see jimmy and chuck working together and of course chuck showing some interest in getting back to normal. The ending was very well done.

The part I liked most when jimmy was in the trash (opera) on the phone to the other lawyer. It is slowly moving up my list of great shows!

The theories that are floating around are interesting. That's just another reason why this show is captivating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    The theories that are floating around are interesting. That's just another reason why this show is captivating.

Exactly, it's the same thing that I loved about Breaking Bad. I know some people take them too far, but it's always fun to speculate and even more mind blowing when they're accurate and you realise the signs were there from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Just about to watch the new episode of Better Call Saul. Enjoying it so far. Rewatching Breaking Bad for the last few days.
    The first season of Breaking Bad was pretty slow going too.

My favourite part of this episode was when Jimmy was in the office and you could not hear what was said. Except the printer noise. The body language of Jimmy and the Hamlin guy.

The way Jimmy was treated and liked by the mail room guys before he past the bar said a lot to me.

It is probably the best episode so far in my view so much subtleties like this going on.

Mike willing to go to the dark side for his family?

Another one is the reaction of chuck when he realises he was outside. He was fine up until Jimmy's concerned call of "Chuck?"

Mikes daughter in law is some manipulator............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

Enjoying the show so far. Acting in it is excellent. Last one was probably the best so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

This weeks episode was very entertaining but was but off by a few things.

The routine he puts on when he's with the oaps is beginning to grate, needs to put a stop to that imo.

The scene where he calls kim to get some case files printed and she warns him about Chuck infringing on his contract with her firm, why did they need to spell that out to us, It may have been fairly obvious that things were going to come to head with the big bad law firm, but That scene was really foreshadowing it a very unnecessary manner.

My high points were the dumpster scene, and the scene where Jimmy tells chuck he passed the Bar, got a sense Chuck wasn't completely happy with that, it could be he was disappointed jimmy kept it from him or maybe he preferred it when he was the perfect older brother lookin out for his failing brother, either way it was done very well.

Best line "What are ya, making soylent green back there" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Mikes daughter in law is some manipulator............

not sure she's at jimmy standard with chuck

was she really looking for dirty money off Mike?

mike seem to recoil a bit when she showed him that money.

although I thought Jimmy was gaming chuck when he came home and fell asleep on the couch and left the files outside but he genuinely seemed surprised. Is chucked cured?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Any time things seem to be headed in the right direction for Saul, it just makes me nervous, because you know that's not what his future is like, so none of it is going to work out in the long run. I'd like to see the class action suit work out for them, but how can it?

was she really looking for money off Mike?

Seriously? That was some textbook Columbo talk there.

"Oh while your here, I have this illicit money. Should I spend it? Oh I should? I'm so glad you said so. Still, It's only a drop in the bucket..........................as in I need money....................ye know......for your granddaughter."

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Seriously? That was some textbook Columbo talk there.

"Oh while your here, I have this illicit money. Should I spend it? Oh I should? I'm so glad you said so. Still, It's only a drop in the bucket..........................as in I need money....................ye know......for your granddaughter."

:rolleyes:

I mean she meant for him to go do some dirty stuff

jimmy always knows exactly what he is looking for when he manipulates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Great episode again... It's just getting better and better and draws you in.

Can't help but thinking the latest stuff is going to go tits up and minute though.

Advertisement