Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Tinter Box

I’m abroad atm. Walked by a Cinnabon and had to order it. Took me 3 and a half minutes 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

hahahah!!!

Lucky fecker! I have been dreaming of cinnabon since last nights ep!!! :D

I bet they did a roaring trade today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Tinter Box

It wasn’t too busy but I’m not sure BCS is that big in Baku 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I didn't expect that type of episode but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The run time as always flew by.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Are we going to see Jesse in Gene’s world in the last 3 episodes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I really wish vince gilligan had done the x files reboot….

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't **** with me type episode it was fun to see Gene pull out the old Saul manipulation turnaround with the legal jargon, you are looking at 30 to life here boys you take me down you're sharing my cell. Then he's right back to Cinabon to dust the cakes.

It seems to me Jimmy likes being Gene sure he still has the tapes and the business cards and even poses with the gaudy shirt but he still walks away at the end and doesn't look back. I was very disappointed he didn't hum Smoke on the Water when he put on Markos pinky ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No Jesse went to Alaska, Nebraska would be a long way for him to come even if its the future.

I'm kind of hoping we see pre Breaking Bad Walt and Jesse in a relevant way possibly Walt getting exposed to waste from Frings laundry and that's how he contracts cancer and Jesse doing his first deal of meth or even his lab in his parents house that Saul mentioned when buying the house for Jesse in Breaking Bad there's a lit of potential for their appearances I'm just hoping it's not a stupid montages the last few episodes showing Sauls next big adventures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Best episode in a long time and it reminded me of why I loved this show in the first place. Lots of Bob Odenkirk and few ties to BB, so the show stood on its own two feet, like in the early seasons. Also, most importantly: NO KIM! God, I was sick of that energy vampire. I would happily stay in the world of Gene for another spin off series, but I'm tired of Gus/Mike/Salamancas et al. Bob Odenkirk is the star of the show and I want him front and centre at all times. I got enough of the rest in BB; let the man do his thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Pretty unsuspecting and enjoyable episode. Lots of prep to get the job done and he’s still got it. Hanging up the shirt at the end was a nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Nearly 6 seasons complete and still comparing to BB ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭crushproof

Took me a moment to work out who your man was, had to pause and have a quick Google.

Also great to see Jerry as security guard.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Him spoofing the security guard talking about college American Football was funny.

Thought Nippy was real.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The planning, setup and mechanics of the heist felt like a nod to The Sting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭cozar

i thought when he hung back the "Saul" shirt that he was finally done with Saul and happily walked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just after thinking about the old woman asking Gene if he found Nippy after all that, and he mentioned the dog was taken in by a family and was very happy.

Could that be what happened with Kim perhaps? She met someone else and started a family and Jimmy found out at some point between the time jump from Jimmy to Saul, or from Saul to Gene? Only reason I'd say that is his tone changed a bit giving that explanation to the woman, so could it be a projection of something else? I could be misremembering a bit so I'll have to rewatch that scene.

As always with this show, you can read too much into almost any bit of dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

So did Gene go for a Cinnabon and coffee the next day ?

Was he always going have that awkward speech about being alone so as to have a reason for abruptly ceasing his visits with the security boys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I think the awkward speech was panic stations as he could still see the boys moving around on camera long after they should have been finished, but yeah I'd say it doubles up as an 'out' from meeting again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I felt the same, that he was possibly talking about Kim, and that saying Nippy was with a nice family but that he got Nippy back showing that he's still holding out hope he might get back together with Kim some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭bren2001

I just took it that he wanted to give the old woman a happy ending to the story. He wasn't looking to con her but her son. I think the link to Kim is a very big stretch considering there is a 6 year gap between Kim leaving and Gene working in Cinnabon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I'm sure the speech was entirely panic stations improv. I presume he might keep up with pastry delivery for another while so there isn't a precise overlap between the box delivery/pick up/flowers delivery and his behaviour on the night. At least until the tapes are erased.

He can then provoke a fight in a few weeks over the coaches tactics or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,636 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Gene was carrying a Kansas City Royals bag in one of yesterday’s scenes.

And in a previous episode Kim was wearing a Kansas City Royals jumper when she did the two ‘finger guns.’ Question is still open for me. Will Kim reappear.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,636 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

No that was only to kill time I would say. But because of the embarrassment angle it is a good excuse for Gene not to show up again. So it happens to add to the plausible nature of the scam.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I think Kim and Jimmy (not Saul) will meet in a restaurant/hotel on the last episode (post BB) and talk about pulling one of their scams but then it fades out leaving the audience wondering....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭bren2001

Oh, to be clear, I think we will see Kim again post-BB. I think her and Gene will meet at some point. However, I do not think Nippy has anything to do with Kim. That seems like a big stretch to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭crushproof

I loved the early breaking the ice sports conversations.

I would have burst my hole if Gene said "what a ludarious display last night" or "the thing about the Huskers is they always try to walk it in"

That would be a terrible ending, this needs to end one way or the other, needs to be proper closure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

What am I going to watch after this??

Homebrewing with Schraderbrau?

Being Jack Welker?

The Adventures of Lydia Quayle?

Badger and Skinny Pete Do America?

Advertisement