Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Looks like it’s going to end badly for Gene…. unless there is a con within the con that we are missing…

also when they did that fade into from the empty grave to Gene in bed I thought it was Lalo appearing in the grave….Ghost Lalo soliloquy…. would have been interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭mcburns07

It'll be interesting to see how it develops, he mentions that he works so hard to identify targets so he surely knew about the cancer. Who knows what he's up to this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Actual photo of Aaron Paul on set for the timing of this weeks episode 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ah I really didn't like today's episode. Despite the reimergence of Jesse and Walt and then the mention of Kim, it still was a fairly boring episode I thought. Sad that there are only two left as it has been an amazing show.

Question - did Jeff appear in BB at all? Or was it only in some of the Gene flashbacks in BCS that he appeared briefly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,636 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

What was that foot device Gene had… looked effective…

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Enjoyed the episode. I have no clue where we’re going in the last 2 episodes but you’d put money on Kim being involved - maybe she’ll watch Jimmy finally go to jail.

Post edited by GoldFour4 on

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Was it me or did the inside of the van sizing look off? The lads either looked very small or the inside of the van was massive compared to the actual van in BB being slightly claustrophobic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It did seem massive, but I think it's more to do with them not cooking or preparing to cook, so everything was packed away. I think that's what made it feel smaller in the past, whereas this is how much space there actually was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Another strong episode and I think it's nicely tying up the character arcs. It also made me appreciate the little heist last week, which was largely harmless, and compare it with the meaner con this week where Gene starts screwing people over, even when they've got cancer.

Merging of the two clips from the episode 'Breaking Bad' in Better Call Saul, and the episode 'Better Call Saul' in Breaking Bad.

When Saul visits Walt's school. Camera filters removed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Jesse's voice has gone fierce gravelly.

Jimmy just can't help himself, don't think we'll get a happy ending for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Another great episode, although I could have done without the Jesse/Walt cameo: it spoiled the flow of the episode and pulled us backwards unnecessarily. Please no more flashbacks; keep it in Gene's timeline from now on. The last two episodes have been great, the best in a long time, and I'm done with BB characters.

A couple of things; what did Jimmy hear on the phone that made him freak out? My guess is that Kim is dead/dying or some tragedy has befallen her (maybe even prison if prosecutors/DEA went after her), and hence Jimmy has gone all out scamming/hoarding money again so he can get to her/help her out.

Also the actor who plays the taxi driver is a much better choice than the original guy, who had an air of menace about him and was intimidating towards Jimmy. His mother (Carol Burnett) may be the one who pulls the plug on Jimmy/Gene if she spots any more shenanigans in her garage; she seems like the type of woman who would call the cops on her son if she thought he was doing something illegal.

*maybe Kim couldn't live with the guilt and turned herself in for Howard's death. She could have come clean about everything because Jimmy was going to go down for his BB activities anyways so she wasn't going to make life any worse for him by revealing their crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

ah of course!

I was wondering why they showed that scene of Saul walking into the school and then cutting - as if we find out what happens next week, I was wondering would something else happen on the way to the classroom :D .

But of course, makes sense to splice the two downfalls of Gene + Saul.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This is the same criticism that was leveled at Breaking Bad when an episode didn't contain a heist or a murder and I found it an annoying criticism.

The purpose of the last 2 episodes has been to show how Saul's character has developed and basically remained the same in the aftermath of BB. He's a crook and a particularly nasty one.

How people can say it served no real purpose when it is clearly building to a definitive finale is beyond me.

Characters are allowed to be developed and explored and something that does not contain a spectacular incident or reveal are simply not filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

"Hey, yo, Mr White"

It's a microcosm of everything right and wrong with BCS. Brilliant screenplay, Brilliantly shot, brilliantly acted, brilliantly executed but ultimately a meandering and farcical story.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,445 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Yet you made it a whole six seasons in.. must be truly terrible.

I hope there is a spin off and we get a full season of black and white Gene… it kinda feels like a different show… or maybe that just the black and white… but Gene seems darker then Saul…. And they those montages seems so nice in black and white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

It seems that Saul was saving up money for some reason, seemed upset that his shell within a shell company that was funding something, is not now. So is this why Saul has gone darker, for example taking the money from the guy with cancer, to pay off someone maybe?

Could the someone be Kim or paying someone to keep Kim safe, maybe a reason for the heated phone booth exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think people are reading too much into Kim and Gene's call. I don't think she's in any danger, or he was saving money to protect her or anything. I think it's that she simply said she wants nothing to do with him. She's likely rejected him a few times before (hence why Francesca mentioned her), and now that his dealings with Walt have left him as the biggest name the Feds are after, she wants nothing to do with him, and probably told him he shouldn't be contacting her.

I'd say Kim is living an ordinary, probably lacklustre life, but that she's more content with who and were she is now compared to what she was like by the time Howard was killed.

I didn’t twig that one, well done for spotting it. Devin Rathy is the actors name.

But I half recognised the fella who played ‘The Mark’ with cancer, but could not place him. So I had to cheat and do an internet search. He was in the ‘Big Bang Theory’ Series. Actors name - Kevin Sussman.

I was thinking there was only two things that annoyed me in that ‘Breaking Bad’ BCS episode.

1) If Francesca knew she was being followed, or worried she was being followed - why would she indicate which way she was going when she was driving?

2) That was a terrible waste of drink. Why did Gene/Saul empty that hot water bottle on the ground?

don't wanna be a grump. enjoy the last few eps

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ok someone on Reddit seems to have tried to work out what and who Jimmy speaks to in the phone box

Might be considered a spoiler but only if accurate and I'm not sure it is as I can make out Jimmy saying something else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Someone posted that it was much clearer what was being said in the German dub. Post below -

The original got deleted for some reason but I thought this was really cool for those who missed the first post or hadn't seen the episode yet, like me.

German: „Du hast keine Ahnung was ich getan, oder nicht getan habe, okay? Wieso stellst DU dich nicht, auf mich musst du keine Rücksicht nehmen, ich kann nur EINMAL gehängt werden. Okay, hör zu, Kim, wieso reden wir überhaupt darüber. Wir beide sind zu clever…

English translation: (The beginning is inaudible…but it’s mid-sentence and he is already upset about what Kim must have said): “(…) you have no idea what I did or didn't do, okay? Why don't YOU turn yourself in, you don't have to be considerate of me, I can only be hanged ONCE. Okay, look, Kim, why are we even talking about this. We're both too smart...“

This confirms he is talking to Kim. Kim must have told him he should turn himself in, to which he reacts angrily. I replayed this probably 50 times, I can’t do any better, but I am sure this is 100% what is said.

With only 2 episodes left, I guess that’s a long way for a “happy ending” for Jimmy and Kim.

Also the trucks have obliterated my ears 50 times while listening to this.

Have a good day everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,347 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Just my two cents but iv'e been really disappointed with the last few episodes. Actually it's been crap since Howard got killed strangely enough i think the show is so much the poorer without his character more so even than Kim or Nacho.

The return of Walter and Jesse was just a bit of a damp squid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

Only copping on now that Jeff slipped on the scuffed floor. I thought it was going to lead to a repair crew coming in during the shoplifting.

Cant see a Jimmy/Kim happy ending

Advertisement