Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Looks like that $20 million case has gone tits up judging by Chuck's breakdown at the end. I expect him to revert back to the complete paranoid mess he was in the first episode, and the case been dropped or settled for 100k. Jimmy will then turn down that dark path along with Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Another great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'm wondering if they'll do an Irish themed episode soon...maybe call it "Tayto".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Looks like that $20 million case has gone tits up judging by Chuck's breakdown at the end. I expect him to revert back to the complete paranoid mess he was in the first episode, and the case been dropped or settled for 100k. Jimmy will then turn down that dark path along with Mike.

I'd say Chuck is cured or realizing it's in his head. Chuck will then try and get himself back into his law firm. They will say he needs to bring a big case onto the books and the case will be brought so far and then taken from Jimmy by Hamlin, Hamlin & McGil. That or they will legally have the case cause chuck is still on the books. His brother will rationalize it by saying Jimmy could never complete a case as intricate and or complicated as this. This will break Jimmy. Realizing that he will always be looks down on and stepped on so he turns to his old ways, where he was the big fish and this leads to Saul Goodman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Looks like that $20 million case has gone tits up judging by Chuck's breakdown at the end.

Was it a breakdown or did he realise that he really has nothing wrong with him? I couldn't tell.

• Advertisement

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Was it a breakdown or did he realise that he really has nothing wrong with him? I couldn't tell.

Nobody could. We'll find out next week. Either way, Chuck is never mentioned in Breaking Bad so by then he's either dead or dead to Saul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Nobody could. We'll find out next week. Either way, Chuck is never mentioned in Breaking Bad so by then he's either dead or dead to Saul.

Wouldn't be too sure about that. You just know that somewhere out there a geek is painstakingly poring over every line of BB dialogue to find a sentence (or perhaps even a visual clue) that could maybe, obliquely, in a roundabout kind of way refer back to Chuck, thus feeding into a grand theory of the BB/BCS universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'd say Chuck is cured or realizing it's in his head. Chuck will then try and get himself back into his law firm. They will say he needs to bring a big case onto the books and the case will be brought so far and then taken from Jimmy by Hamlin, Hamlin & McGil. That or they will legally have the case cause chuck is still on the books. His brother will rationalize it by saying Jimmy could never complete a case as intricate and or complicated as this. This will break Jimmy. Realizing that he will always be looks down on and stepped on so he turns to his old ways, where he was the big fish and this leads to Saul Goodman.

I reckon Chuck using HH&M's printing facilities will have ramifications leading to them taking over the case somehow.

/lawexpert

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Was the 1933 code not just a happy coincidence that allowed Jimmy a quick quip likening him to Hitler rather than an in depth thought provoking link ?

I suspect Chuck will return to HHM and take the case with him leaving Jimmy out in the cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Good to get more clarification RE Jimmy's history. So is it now clear that Jimmy's been exploiting Chuck for legal assistance? I think that something terrible and possibly tragic is going to happen with Chuck which will result in Jimmy changing his identity to Saul. It will be the awful regret that constantly looms over him throughout Breaking Bad and afterward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Loved it. Can't wait to see what Mike's first dirty job is:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

folamh wrote: »
    Good to get more clarification RE Jimmy's history. So is it now clear that Jimmy's been exploiting Chuck for legal assistance? I think that something terrible and possibly tragic is going to happen with Chuck which will result in Jimmy changing his identity to Saul. It will be the awful regret that constantly looms over him throughout Breaking Bad and afterward.

I don't necessarily see it as expolotation more that he knows that its good for Chuck's mental health to be busy and helping Jimmy out with his business.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This wouldn't surprise me. Seems plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

ricero wrote: »
    I don't necessarily see it as expolotation more that he knows that its good for Chuck's mental health to be busy and helping Jimmy out with his business.

Yeah, would have seen it as surreptitious encouragement myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Kirby wrote:
    Mikes daughter in law is some manipulator............

she's from tipperary........just fyi

-=al=- wrote:
    Can't help but thinking the latest stuff is going to go tits up and minute though.

Well he certainly didn't have 20mil in breaking bad so I think it safe to assume the case gets taken from him...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

To me his reaction was very different from the previous times he's been out side, It looked like he had a major breakthrough with his condition.

I reckon HHM will get wind of the case and demand that Chuck hand it over as per his contract, the printing has already created a paper trail. Chuck will probably just go along with it as he's such a straight arrow he would fulfill the commitment he's made to HHM disregarding Jimmy's feelings altogether. This causes Jimmy to break bad and become Saul.

I really hope it goes another way or there is more to it as its way too obvious a conclusion.

Loved it. Can't wait to see what Mike's first dirty job is:pac:

That sounds wrong on so many levels :-)

• Advertisement

nc19 wrote: »
    Well he certainly didn't have 20mil in breaking bad so I think it safe to assume the case gets taken from him...

It's a class action. All going well, the pair would be splitting a percentage. He'd still be looking at a million dollar payday at least. And in BB, he was a "Criminal Attorney" - playing the cheap ambulance chaser covered the bigger serious clients like Walt, Jesse, Mike, Gus et al.
    Gus would have used a flashy corporate law firm for Los Pollos. His shady minions would go under the table to Saul.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

HHM are totally taking the case over. You can see it a mile away. As for Jimmy changing his name to Saul didnt he say in BB that he did it as people think Jews are better lawyers? Pretty sure he said something along those lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Callanutd wrote: »
    HHM are totally taking the case over. You can see it a mile away. As for Jimmy changing his name to Saul didnt he say in BB that he did it as people think Jews are better lawyers? Pretty sure he said something along those lines.

Yeah I remember something like that alright.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Yeah I remember something like that alright.

I think he mentioned Saul Goodman in an earlier episode - S'all Good man when he was hustling some guy in a flashback.

Callanutd wrote: »

Ya he did say in bb that the name was to make people think he was Jewish, I guess its just a coincidence that he used it originally as a fun play on words to replace his real name, when he was a con man.

When we say becoming Saul here tho we generally mean a change of persona from the good Jimmy to the dodgy Saul.

Ya he did say in bb that the name was to make people think he was Jewish, I guess its just a coincidence that he used it originally as a fun play on words to replace his real name, when he was a con man.

When we say becoming Saul here tho we generally mean a change of persona from the good Jimmy to the dodgy Saul.
    Jimmy always did dodgy things. He was scamming people for a long time before he became Saul Goodman. Remember the skaters? The watch? Being a multi-dimensional person, he is simultaneously dodgy and a good person.

ricero wrote: »

Yeah, but when the rival lawyer (Rico?) is enquiring about Chuck, it is implied that Jimmy is doing something illegal by enabling this set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,102 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just caught up to episode 7 last night. Excellent stuff, the mike episode was brilliant, great to know how he ended up in ABQ.

Looking forward to watching 8 later.

• Advertisement

I don't believe Saul (c.BB) was inherently bad I just think he was doing a job he was good at....

Advertisement