Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

folamh wrote: »
    Jimmy always did dodgy things. He was scamming people for a long time before he became Saul Goodman. Remember the skaters? The watch? Being a multi-dimensional person, he is simultaneously dodgy and a good person.

The Jimmy we see now is completely clean, he even gave his share of the kettleman money back, something will happen which will make him revert to his old ways which will lead him to becoming the Saul we see in bb.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yeah, but when the rival lawyer (Rico?) is enquiring about Chuck, it is implied that Jimmy is doing something illegal by enabling this set-up.

Rico was not the name of the lawyer it refers to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act
    Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

nc19 wrote: »
    I don't believe Saul (c.BB) was inherently bad I just think he was doing a job he was good at....

Ya he's not inherently bad just very corrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Rico was not the name of the lawyer it refers to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act

I know this from my Sons of Anarchy days! Poor juice!

Didn't jimmy say in a previous episode that he was going to commit Chuck to a mental institution to try get at Hamill? Was thinking that might play into it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

"Rico" could also refer to what Chuck & Jimmy will be if they manage to pull the case off. We obviously know they don't or that Jimmy contrives to lose his share & end up in that crummy office in BB. Will be interesting to see how it all goes awry for them.

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »

Didn't jimmy say in a previous episode that he was going to commit Chuck to a mental institution to try get at Hamill? Was thinking that might play into it....

Ya but then he confessed to Kim that it was an empty threat to rattle Hamill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The phrase "reading too deeply" comes too mind.
    Saul Goodman was never a bad guy. He did what lawyers do, suggest options. Given his broad range of clients, their options were morally wider than many others. The provision of phone numbers to artistic passport makers, creative bankers in the Caribbean, washing machine vendors, toenail parlours was merely a suggestion. The client chooses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Yeah, but when the rival lawyer (Rico?) is enquiring about Chuck, it is implied that Jimmy is doing something illegal by enabling this set-up.

RICO is this, afaik:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act
    Sirsok wrote: »

Sopranos for me! :)

Saul Goodman was never a bad guy. He did what lawyers do, suggest options.

Ah, I don't know about that, he sets up a scam with Dumb and Dumber in episode one for his own gain, to win the Kettlemans as clients. This was more than just suggesting things, he was involved in this for his own gain.

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Did Chuck collapse at the end or what?

• Advertisement

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Ah, I don't know about that, he sets up a scam with Dumb and Dumber in episode one for his own gain, to win the Kettlemans as clients. This was more than just suggesting things, he was involved in this for his own gain.

He had evolved from footpath scams by the time of BB. Greater minds with greater crimes were paying percentages.

He had evolved from footpath scams by the time of BB. Greater minds with greater crimes were paying percentages.

But scams they were. He displayed an inclination towards corruptness right from the very beginning of BCS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Is Saul a U2 fan?:cool: "I'm Pro-Bono, I'm very Bono, so rockstar!":pac:

Is Saul a U2 fan?:cool: "I'm Pro-Bono, I'm very Bono, so rockstar!":pac:

He said he was very "pro-bono", Chuck was the "rock star". ....it may have been a sideways dig. In 2001, yup:rolleyes:...Bono was annoying then too.

Loved "Look at the message, not the medium". Love all the references in this show. BB wasn't really into references, it was quite singular. So in that way, they differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hopefully Chuck realizes that it was all in his head. Fairly annoying if he goes back into a rut after this
    Saul Goodman was never a bad guy. He did what lawyers do, suggest options. Given his broad range of clients, their options were morally wider than many others. The provision of phone numbers to artistic passport makers, creative bankers in the Caribbean, washing machine vendors, toenail parlours was merely a suggestion. The client chooses.

He facilitated serious criminal activity under the guise of client privilege which is illegal. He was a co-conspirator to many crimes perpetrated by his clients. He was a morally bankrupt person at the bare minimum. A smart crook would be more apt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Did Chuck collapse at the end or what?
    Did you see him collapse?

Dempsey wrote: »
    He was a morally bankrupt person at the bare minimum. A smart crook would be more apt.

Indeed. While never telling the Irish nation to "tighten their belts" he is working on the haircut.

You're a ray of sunshine on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I saw him samba!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You're a ray of sunshine on this thread.

I have an aversion to stupid questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The sound was Chuck dropping the box, I thought he had collapsed for a second too... must be stupid

Dolbert wrote: »
    The sound was Chuck dropping the box, I thought he had collapsed for a second too... must be stupid

I knew the sound was him dropping the box, because I saw the box drop.

Sight, my favorite sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

:D

I really like Chuck and find him very interesting. Definitely will get to see what snapped his mental breakdown at some point surely? Something horrendous that HHM did that pushed him over the edge perhaps.

I thought for a minute the realization he was out in the "big bad world" might have caused an aneurism or something similar. We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

HHM are 100% taking this over. They billed it to HHM's printer so they can claim it. He'll get a substantial finders fee that will be dwarfed by what the case makes Howard and Chuck.

On reddit one user made the link that Howards code of 1933 is the year Hitler rose to power as Jimmy pointed out. Chuck's is 1868, the year that Japanese imperialism begain.

Hamlin will use Jimmy's threats to commit Chuck against him to get Chuck to side with the firm and **** Jimmy over. With the money Jimmy gets, he buys a shopping plaza office and goes to court for a name change to signify him disowning Chuck and bins his moral compass for all the good it does him ....and Saul Goodman is born

Birneybau wrote: »

I love the AV Club. Don't always agree with it, but always enjoy the writing.

I have an aversion to stupid questions.

All your posts are relentlessly negative. Nothing to do with stupid questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

All your posts are relentlessly negative. Nothing to do with stupid questions.

Very nice feature of boards is the mute feature, when you put certain posters on your 'ignore' list. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Really funny how shocked Chuck was that Jimmy passed his bar exams...no ordinary university....University of America Samoa!:pac:

Advertisement