Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Im thinking chuck keels over and dies.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Im thinking chuck keels over and dies.
    No I don't think so. He's much closer to being cured now. When he saw he was outside the intensity of the sounds he heard were far less than the last time he ventured out.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

seligehgit wrote: »
    Really funny how shocked Chuck was that Jimmy passed his bar exams...no ordinary university....University of America Samoa!:pac:

University of American Samoa first made an appearance when Saul first met Skylar in this memorable scene:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

University of American Samoa first made an appearance when Saul first met Skylar in this memorable scene:

Certificate in the name of Saul Goodman though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Birneybau wrote: »
    Certificate in the name of Saul Goodman though.

Good spot!

How are they going to work that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Good spot!

How are they going to work that one?

Maybe if he legally changes his name, he submits a request to UAS to send him a revised certificate with his new legal name.

Can't imagine it'll take that much explaining, or that it really needs explaining at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bad Horse wrote: »
    Maybe if he legally changes his name, he submits a request to UAS to send him a revised certificate with his new legal name.

Can't imagine it'll take that much explaining, or that it really needs explaining at all.

I'm guessing to change name he'll have to show proof of it legally first and his reasons for changing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Sight, my favorite sense.

Not "humour" anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

seligehgit wrote: »
    Really funny how shocked Chuck was that Jimmy passed his bar exams...no ordinary university....University of America Samoa!:pac:

Go Landcrabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Im surprised Saul had not forged a certificate from a more prestigious school.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭squonk

I wondeer has their business suffered in the past few months? :)
    http://www.mediate.com/JamesMcGill/pg8.cfm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

squonk wrote: »
    I wondeer has their business suffered in the past few months? :)
    http://www.mediate.com/JamesMcGill/pg8.cfm

And a graduate of Bemidji university where the t.v show Fargo takes place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Am I the only one here who thinks Chuck's illness is completely in his mind, as opposed to it being an actual illness

Like in the episode where Jimmy leaves his old boxes in Chuck's house, I thought there was a few old phones or something in it to try and prove to Chuck it's in his mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Am I the only one here who thinks Chuck's illness is completely in his mind, as opposed to it being an actual illness

Mental illness is an illness ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Ya he's not inherently bad just very corrupt

my point being I don't believe wanted/wants to be corrupt he just realises it's what he's good at

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mental illness is an illness ;)

you know what I mean. whatever mental illness he has was probably brought on by him overworking all the time, when Saul told him he passed the bar he mentioned him working all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭batistuta9

no everyone thinks that since the doctor proved it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can someone explain the inter-state syringe buying aspect of the case that Chuck/Saul are bringing against the nursing home please? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Paully D wrote: »
    Can someone explain the inter-state syringe buying aspect of the case that Chuck/Saul are bringing against the nursing home please? Thanks :)

It's to do with the US being a federal system as opposed to a unitary state like Ireland. Basically you have state & federal level crimes, the latter generally being more serious & involving different institutions. Outside of certain categories of offence that automatically carry federal jurisdiction (e.g. terrorism) criminal & civil cases become more serious once an interstate element is involved. If someone commits fraud purely in their own state (in this case New Mexico) that will simply be a state level matter. The involvement of a transaction with someone outside that state makes it a crime against the entire country & thus makes it a federal & far more serious affair. That's my basic understanding anyway.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That means he had to get his certificate re-done so it was changed from Jimmy McGill to Saul Goodman. I wonder how easy that type of thing is to do?

Does this count as a plot hole?:confused:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Did he change his name by Deed Poll? If so it would be perfectly legal & above board for him to request a name change on documents like the certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Im surprised Saul had not forged a certificate from a more prestigious school.

I don't think he forged the letter in the mail which he was so nervous about opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

Like in the episode where Jimmy leaves his old boxes in Chuck's house, I thought there was a few old phones or something in it to try and prove to Chuck it's in his mind
    He appears to have some kind of OCD-spectrum extreme paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Custardpi wrote: »
    It's to do with the US being a federal system as opposed to a unitary state like Ireland. Basically you have state & federal level crimes, the latter generally being more serious & involving different institutions. Outside of certain categories of offence that automatically carry federal jurisdiction (e.g. terrorism) criminal & civil cases become more serious once an interstate element is involved. If someone commits fraud purely in their own state (in this case New Mexico) that will simply be a state level matter. The involvement of a transaction with someone outside that state makes it a crime against the entire country & thus makes it a federal & far more serious affair. That's my basic understanding anyway.

That's for taking the time to give me that detailed explanation, that helps a lot. :)

No problem. I'm not a legal professional so there's possibly some flaws in that explanation, but that would be the basic gist of what's going on in that aspect of the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

folamh wrote: »
    I don't think he forged the letter in the mail which he was so nervous about opening.

Obviously, the letter he got in the mail was for passing the bar nothing to do with his certificate. I was just commenting that given Sauls nature you would expect the cert to be forged and be from a school that suggests a certain class, He would still have his cert from the distance learning university he just wouldn't put it on the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Class? He's pretty much a bottom feeding ambulance chaser and his clients know it so having a more prestigious cert wouldn't really accomplish anything for him and could potentially lead to issues down the line if he were ever accused falsifying documents. Not to mention that he's probably actually proud of having done the course and becoming a lawyer, even if it didn't involve a more prestigious law school.

Advertisement