Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

JohnK wrote: »
    Class? He's pretty much a bottom feeding ambulance chaser and his clients know it so having a more prestigious cert wouldn't really accomplish anything for him and could potentially lead to issues down the line if he were ever accused falsifying documents. Not to mention that he's probably actually proud of having done the course and becoming a lawyer, even if it didn't involve a more prestigious law school.

He took a Jewish sounding name to give the impression he's more competent, forging documents is right up his street, isn't the forged certificate a main component of the dodgy lawyers office, and what people employing his service expect, :-)

Maybe he was proud of it but I'm not so sure "go land crabs" springs to mind.

Anyway my original comment was just a joke really.

Any guesses on the relevance of Chuck's pin code, 1868? The other guys pin was 1933, the year Hitler came into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Any guesses on the relevance of Chuck's pin code, 1868? The other guys pin was 1933, the year Hitler came into power.
    1868 was when Japanese imperialism began after the fall of the shogun.
    Germany and the Japanese teamed up in WW2.
    Therefore, Chuck is going to side with Hitler.
    And Jimmy is going to declare war on both of them.

Another user posted this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

1868 was also the birth date of another famous Jim - James Connolly. Like Jimmy/Saul, he may not have always been on the right side of the law/ethics, but he liked to stand up for the little guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Thomas Edison patented his first invention the Electric Voice Machine - considering his phobia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Good episode sets up the finale nicely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah was good alright, chuck can go fend for himself now and see how he gets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Great episode. Setting up Jimmy's transformation into Saul really nicely: whereas Chuck venerates the legal system and the rule of law, Saul will manipulate and disgrace it as much to get at his brother as to enrich himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Great episode establishing Mike's sideline career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the scene with Mike in the carpark was hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

So Chuck reveals himself as the creep he is. Fair play to Jimmy for not wiring the house up like a microwave and getting some popcorn for the show. Still he knows Chuck's weaknesses. He can disgrace him publicly whenever he chooses.
    Loved watching Mike disarm the loudmouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Steven Ogg in full GTA Trevor mode was a highlight for me. With Mike it was 2 of my favourite characters in recent times in a scene together :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That last scene was tough to watch even though I knew full well it was coming. Really, really felt for Jimmy after everything he'd done for Chuck.

Mike in the car park was absolutely fantastic though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Wow.

You heard it hear first ladies and gentlemen!
    Magnate wrote: »
    What was significant about 1868?
    They said 1933 was when Hitler came to power.
    1868 was when Japanese imperialism began after the fall of the shogun.
    Germany and the Japanese teamed up in WW2.
    Therefore, Chuck is going to side with Hitler.
    And Jimmy is going to declare war on both of them.

Could explain how Saul comes to be, betrayed by his own brother.

Side note, Mike is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

That was brilliant television.

Chuck really showed his true colors. Fair play to Jimmy, he walked out gracefully with his head held high. Mike is so enjoyable to watch, if he didn't have any lines he would still be amazing. His expression says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Steven Ogg in full GTA Trevor mode was a highlight for me. With Mike it was 2 of my favourite characters in recent times in a scene together :)

I was like Yaaaaay Trevor.

I hope he comes back. He suits this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I want to give Jimmy a massive hug. Chuck is an arse. He may be right but he is still an arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Another good episode. Maybe Jimmy owes an apology to Hamlin, he was only doing Chuck's dirty work :D Is the next episode the finale? Was hoping there would be at least 12 in the series.

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    Another good episode. Maybe Jimmy owes an apology to Hamlin, he was only doing Chuck's dirty work :D Is the next episode the finale? Was hoping there would be at least 12 in the series.

Looks like it. Netflix is only showing 10 episodes in total. I think I'll rewatch before next weeks episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Truely fantastic episode

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I hate Chuck more then Walter White after that episode!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great episode! I just love the Mike scenes! they could actually make a whole series with Mike as the central character and I'd watch it! Felt bad for Jimmy, I'm surprised he didn't tell Chuck about the visit to the hospital where the Doctor proved it was all in Chucks head, that shows what a decent person he is. One more episode which I think brings an end to a first season that has lived up to my expectations, Kudos to Vince Gilligan!

Fantastic episode, really good character development, we can definitely see how Jimmy ended up the way he does in BB - that vague air of sadness mixed with his wise cracking patter. The Mike part was great too, ever the professional. I reckon that pill selling chap will end up going the same way as a certain Irish TV dentist...

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I want to give Jimmy a massive hug. Chuck is an arse. He may be right but he is still an arse.

Yep, definite "Walter" moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Custardpi wrote: »
    I reckon that pill selling chap will end up going the same way as a certain Irish TV dentist...

Oh I thought it was a reference to the earlier days of Walt. Especially when he says towards the end "I can get more pills" when Mike's talking about morality.

Also did anyone else notice the joke with Steven Ogg? I think it was a dig at GTA characters carrying an unreasonable number of weapons haha.

Magnate wrote: »
    Oh I thought it was a reference to the earlier days of Walt. Especially when he says towards the end "I can get more pills" when Mike's talking about morality.

Oh, it probably is. I doubt very much that Vince Gilligan has ever watched RTE! :D. Just drawing an Irish parallel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Getting rave reviews, in fairness the writing is top drawer. My only gripe with the show is the actors who play Kim and Nacho, a bit weak imo but its nitpicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Mike is the coolest guy EVER. Jimmy, holy ****. That was awful sad for him.

Advertisement