Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,775 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That stocks and shares guy had a red sports car that Walt set on fire in Breaking Bad. Enjoyed the episode a slow burner sets things up nicely. Shows how Jimmy is not settled and will always break the rules just for the fun of it. I thought he had "sold out" mentally, but the last bit of the episode proved he didn't.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Will be interesting to see if that switch actually does anything & if so, is it important?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I enjoyed the episode.

Had forgotten how much Rhea Seehorn does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

That stocks and shares guy had a red sports car that Walt set on fire in Breaking Bad. Enjoyed the episode a slow burner sets things up nicely. Shows how Jimmy is not settled and will always break the rules just for the fun of it. I thought he had "sold out" mentally, but the last bit of the episode proved he didn't.

Yeah his was the red BMW that Walt blew up at the petrol station.

One of the cops from this episode was also in breaking bad

Even the tequila made a cameo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Great episode !!

That Hummer guy is gas !

Liked the little easter eggs toward Br Ba :D .

btw my netflix is on the blink, was the last scene Saul walking away from the "do not turn off" switch ?

Great episode !!

That Hummer guy is gas !

Liked the little easter eggs toward Br Ba :D .

btw my netflix is on the blink, was the last scene Saul walking away from the "do not turn off" switch ?

Yeah it's almost like a homage to Father Ted where Dougal could not resist the "do not press button" on the plane.

Saul actually peeled off the "do not turn off" sticker to turn the switch off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just saw the episode there and I quite enjoyed it! Looking forward to see where it's going.

I couldn't help but feel a bit warmer watching it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I wonder when is Saul going to become Saul.I was hoping it would happen last night as they surely they can't drag it out much longer.

An enjoyable episode but hopefully we get to the part where he becomes Saul soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think the switch,

•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Will be flipped soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I think what might happen is that the bald guy with the Hummer will come to the firm looking for a defence lawyer but they'll be too straight laced to help him and Saul will step in set up his own firm and defend him in court.

Yeah it's almost like a homage to Father Ted where Dougal could not resist the "do not press button" on the plane.

Saul actually peeled off the "do not turn off" sticker to turn the switch off.

:D exactly what I was thinking !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The pace of this is a bit too slow. I understand they want a number of series but it's very pedestrian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Great to have this show back, but I don't think this episode was a strong as most of last season was.

The opening was excellent, and really showed the post-Saul life that he is now in.

However the remainder of the episode was a self-reflection exercise and it ran out of steam for me. Last season was great at putting us in Jimmy's shoes but I don't think this episode was as effective.

The subplot with Daniel was very interesting. Like BB, it's a show that's nearly stronger when they remove the dialogue altogether.

steve_r wrote: »
    Great to have this show back, but I don't think this episode was a strong as most of last season was.

The opening was excellent, and really showed the post-Saul life that he is now in.

However the remainder of the episode was a self-reflection exercise and it ran out of steam for me. Last season was great at putting us in Jimmy's shoes but I don't think this episode was as effective.

The subplot with Daniel was very interesting. Like BB, it's a show that's nearly stronger when they remove the dialogue altogether.

No worries, it's only the opener ...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Had to google Cocobolo as soon as it came up. Read online it's wood that Jimmy said back in season 1 that he wanted a desk made out of it. Cocobolo also comes from Belize :cool:. Haven't verified any of this nice little touch.

I love the references between this and BB but I never 'get' them until I read about it here or somewhere else online.

Really enjoyed that episode, setting things up nicely. Also glad Vaas from Far Cry 3 is still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I love the references between this and BB but I never 'get' them until I read about it here or somewhere else online.

Yeah I copped the tequila one but never even dawned on me the stock broker guy was in Breaking Bad.

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I copped the tequila one but never even dawned on me the stock broker guy was in Breaking Bad.

I was the opposite, I had forgotten the tequilla one.That is the beauty of it so many little touches that can be missed at first.

When the police looked behind the couch of the hummer guy was it implying that's where he hid his money/pills? I assumed it was pills.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Just viewed first episode of season 2. I can't put my finger on why I am so drawn into better call Saul, it's slow and fairly drab, yet I enjoy every minute of it and am glued in to it from start to finish...a real testament to the creators and cast. Great first episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just viewed first episode of season 2. I can't put my finger on why I am so drawn into better call Saul, it's slow and fairly drab, yet I enjoy every minute of it and am glued in to it from start to finish...a real testament to the creators and cast. Great first episode.

Yupp, like take the recent walking dead episode. No spoilers, was full of action but something about it didn't hold me. Then in this, not much happened but i was glued to every scene. Quality telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,179 ✭✭✭squonk

LaVail wrote: »
    I enjoyed the episode.

Had forgotten how much Rhea Seehorn does it for me.

I was thinking the same. She's stunning!

Really enjoyable episode. The Easter eggs were lost on me. It's a long while since I saw BB. Was the parking lot the same one at the end of season 4 where Walt rings Skylar to tell her it's all over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Just wondering what are people's thoughts on BCS being one episode a week? Personally I prefer that as I prefer to spread out my viewing but I have had a couple of people say that they'd like to consume it a la Netflix - i.e. available in one big chunk.

Custardpi wrote: »
    Just wondering what are people's thoughts on BCS being one episode a week? Personally I prefer that as I prefer to spread out my viewing but I have had a couple of people say that they'd like to consume it a la Netflix - i.e. available in one big chunk.

I've always preferred a week at a time. You can speculate in between weeks. It's great to look forward to something nice a monday evening. As long as the show doesn't overuse cliff hangers and red herrings (which Breaking Bad did suffer from). Sometimes you are expecting a big episode due the previous cliff hanger only to be let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah me too, it allows you to appreciate the really strong episodes like for example the Mike-centric episode from last season, where if you binge then I feel I don't think you appreciate single episodes as much.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp, like take the recent walking dead episode. No spoilers, was full of action but something about it didn't hold me. Then in this, not much happened but i was glued to every scene. Quality telly.

Don't compare this quality show with that bilge ..

:cool::P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I much prefer one a week. You get to enjoy each episode, chat on boards and with your friends about it, find out about hidden Easter eggs, speculate about what will happen next.

If you see them all in one go, then it's just over and done with. There's no point in chatting about it as all people will talk about will be the finale. You don't get to talk about the finer points of great individual scenes.

Though it annoys me when shows take breaks. I wish they would just show the episodes once a week without a break until the season is done. This shouldn't be an issue for shows that are only ten episodes but for some of the longer season shows they never seem to manage to show more than three episodes in a row before they have to take some sort of break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Great episode, really enjoyed it. I always assumed Sauls career trajectory had gone in one direction - struggling smalltimer to strip-mall shyster. I hadn't imagined him as a successful lawyer - it will be interesting to see what takes him back down to the strip-mall. I'm assuming we're in for some gut-wrenching scenes with Kim. Their relationship has been beautifully handled - the way they've paced it will make the inevitable failure all the more heartbreaking.

Also liked the moder-day Cinnebon scenes. Hope we don't have to wait another season to catch with Gene.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Also really enjoyed it. I'm hoping that we get more flash-forwards in the show to see what happens to him after BB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Really thought Saul was going to screw the stockbroker in a bigger way but still good. Like last season moving quite slow but compelling all the same. The blond guy in his old firm really is the quintessential douche bag look wise :D

Advertisement