Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

Also really enjoyed it. I'm hoping that we get more flash-forwards in the show to see what happens to him after BB.

Oh that's supposed to be after Breaking Bad when he gets stuck in the bin room? I didn't cop that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Oh that's supposed to be after Breaking Bad when he gets stuck in the bin room? I didn't cop that
    Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I thought anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

That's what I thought too, especially with the parts from Season 1 when he's afraid of his own shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah. At the end of Breaking Bad when he's with Walt in the Vacuum place getting ready to disappear, he says he's going to end up managing a Cinnebon in Nebraska. That's what was shown in the first clip of this episode and the first clip of episode 1 of season 1.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Definitely. He looks older than he did in Breaking Bad. He has a moustache as a disguise. He's a broken man. He won't even open an emergency door because it would call the police and he's a wanted man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Honestly for $250,000 (or however much it was) I reckon Saul should have got a better deal than the Cinnabon gig. Couldn't the vacuum guy have gotten him out of the country or perhaps into a job where he wasn't exposed to so many people & therefore danger on a daily basis?

It makes perfect sense. I figured it was sometime in the future, not after all of Breaking Bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

It makes perfect sense. I figured it was sometime in the future, not after all of Breaking Bad though.

I've been wondering about this for a while. Walt had spent a couple of months hiding out in New Hampshire before returning to kill all the Nazis and rescue Jesse at the end of BB (that even sounds cool written down!). The flash-forwards could be set during this period - it'd be cool to see the fallout of the BB finale from Saul's perspective. Perhaps it would encourage him to abandon his new identity and meet his fate as Saul much as Walt saw out Heisenberg. However, I'm inclined to think the flash-forwards might be set after Breaking Bad (maybe even a few years into the future) based on Saul's overall appearance and his much-thinned hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

jooksavage wrote: »
    I've been wondering about this for a while. Walt had spent a couple of months hiding out in New Hampshire before returning to kill all the Nazis and rescue Jesse at the end of BB (that even sounds cool written down!). The flash-forwards could be set during this period - it'd be cool to see the fallout of the BB finale from Saul's perspective. Perhaps it would encourage him to abandon his new identity and meet his fate as Saul much as Walt saw out Heisenberg. However, I'm inclined to think the flash-forwards might be set after Breaking Bad (maybe even a few years into the future) based on Saul's overall appearance and his much-thinned hair.

That would be great actually !!!

Never thought of that , but either way im sure in later parts of the show it will be running parallel to the BrBa timeline...

Maybe we'll see Walt and/or Jesse make a cameo

edit - another thing, I'm sure we should see Gus in this show sometime ... another interesting character to develop more.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The pace is the same as Series 1, which also frustrated some people. Give them time to build the story!

What was the tune he was humming as he drove along?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

edit - another thing, I'm sure we should see Gus in this show sometime ... another interesting character to develop more.

Yeah I'd say we'll get to see how Mike gets to work for Gus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Tabnabs wrote: »
    The pace is the same as Series 1, which also frustrated some people. Give them time to build the story!

What was the tune he was humming as he drove along?

Smoke on the water https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUwEIt9ez7M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Surprised there isn't more chat about this. I loved the first episode. The pace of the first season continues here so if that was a complaint before, nothing has changed. I for one really enjoy the slow burning pace of the story watching a Saul become the shady lawyer we see in BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

I assumed the slow pace was to represent the slow change in Saul i.e. He doesn't go "bad" overnight. Like in breaking bad, I found season 2 of bb particularly dragged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

When the police looked behind the couch of the hummer guy was it implying that's where he hid his money/pills? I assumed it was pills.

I think it was where he was hiding the pills. The cops knew something wasn't right - the place was thrashed but yet the couch had been tidied up?

Custardpi wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if that switch actually does anything & if so, is it important?
    This post has been deleted.

I really don't think it's anything important, it was more to show that James McGill is still Slippin' Jimmy under it all, tell him to not switch a switch, he'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I think it was where he was hiding the pills. The cops knew something wasn't right - the place was thrashed but yet the couch had been tidied up?

There was nothing in there so I'd assume it was the money. He most likely takes the pills as needed as opposed to storing them. Moot point really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

bren2001 wrote: »
    There was nothing in there so I'd assume it was the money. He most likely takes the pills as needed as opposed to storing them. Moot point really.

That makes sense alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I liked it, but i assume it's gonna be a slow build-up & it's gonna be a tenous relationship with Kim, as they've got a good friendship going & only when tequila is used mixes it up.
    Just wondering what are people's thoughts on BCS being one episode a week? Personally I prefer that as I prefer to spread out my viewing but I have had a couple of people say that they'd like to consume it a la Netflix - i.e. available in one big chunk.

I'm pretty sure Vince Gilligan wanted it that way as well, as he wanted people to saviour it up in weekly bites.

& as someone said previously, you can post your views on each episode as with all other netflix shows, you dare to go into the thread for fear of finding out too much as other people will be on different episodes.

I don't know if this has been posted, but i see that after the success of Talking Dead, there's gonna be an aftershow imaginatively titled: Talking Saul ;)

Talking Saul’ To Follow ‘Better Call Saul’s Premiere And Season Finale On AMC

What are your thoughts on that, albeit it looks like it's only two shows?

I watched Talking Dead and it's similar Breaking Bad show. I couldn't really stomach it. It was too "American". The host really irritated me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The baseball card fella is a gas man. Great characther

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Hoboken Squat Cobbler... Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"Are you still morally flexible?" :D

Are we seeing the beginning of a rift between Jimmy & Kim? She really looked shocked when he told her about making the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

ricero wrote:
    The baseball card fella is a gas man. Great characther

Can't see it ending well for him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

This show is brilliant.

Her cute cup not fitting in his new car... I wonder if that mean something :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Brilliant episode today.

I'll never look at a pie in the same way again.

Mikes expression when he was told about the baseball cards was priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Are we seeing the beginning of a rift between Jimmy & Kim? She really looked shocked when he told her about making the video.

That might as well be over.Jimmy's way too dodgy for her to be associated with there is no way she'll risk her career for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Brilliant episode today.

I'll never look at a pie in the same way again.

Mikes expression when he was told about the baseball cards was priceless.

Mike is such a great character - moments like that make me sad knowing how he'll ultimately end up.

• Advertisement

That might as well be over.Jimmy's way too dodgy for her to be associated with there is no way she'll risk her career for him.

I'm not so sure it will be as simple as that (though obviously we know the relationship does end at some stage). Dodginess is a well known aphrodisiac.

Advertisement