Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Damn that was a fine episode tonight, great to see Tuco back in it and the way Mike set him up also interesting to see Jimmy willing to walk away from the law for Kim.
    Just have to say what an excellent piece of television this show is!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,775 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

First episode where we see Jimmy being a bit of a knob.Plus this time Chuck was not the emotional trigger.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Think mike realised at the end that there should be no more half measures

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

ricero wrote: »
    Think mike realised at the end that there should be no more half measures

Half measures popped into my head alright but I'm not sure that'll be the trigger of the reasoning.

Cracking episode though. Mike is such a great character!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

took me couple minutes to remember the face when Tuco sat down to count the cash of guy sitting in front of him,nice seeing few more people added to the story which goes well, with original series.

• Advertisement

scamalert wrote: »
    took me couple minutes to remember the face when Tuco sat down to count the cash of guy sitting in front of him,nice seeing few more people added to the story which goes well, with original series.

Yeah and the fella selling the guns to Mike was in breaking bad as well.

My theory on why Mike did not kill Tuco. Mike is in with the cartel already in someway?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

My theory on why Mike did not kill Tuco. Mike is in with the cartel already in someway?
    I'd have thought that he's still got a moral code that doesn't involve murder.

it was strange how he knew so much about cartel name is general-since no sign of Gustavo yet.Then again he was never really type of a stone cold killer thus still having some morals left in him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm still not feeling this second season so far.

Nothing much seems to be moving very fast with Jimmy/Saul....I'm still none the wiser as to why Chuck is being such a spiteful pr*ck to his brother and why Jimmy/Saul keeps taking it without pointing out what a spiteful pr*ick he is.

Mike is a much more interesting character at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm still none the wiser as to why Chuck is being such a spiteful pr*ck to his brother and why Jimmy/Saul keeps taking it without pointing out what a spiteful pr*ick he is.
    Didn't they explain that in the first season? Jimmy used to constantly get in trouble, including with the law, and Chuck had to help him out. Jimmy promises to reform but after years of hassle, it's understandable why Chuck doesn't believe him. He's sick and tired of, as he sees it, Jimmy screwing up.

As to why Jimmy takes it: Chuck's his big brother. He remembers when Chuck did help him out. Not every relationship is a mutual and sensible arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Brilliant episode tonight.

It's really taking off.The guy who plays Tuco terrifies the sh1te out of me.

Although he has sort of been a bit of an asshole Chuck is 100% right about Jimmy and Jimmy keeps on proving him right with each step he takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

ixoy wrote: »
    Didn't they explain that in the first season? Jimmy used to constantly get in trouble, including with the law, and Chuck had to help him out. Jimmy promises to reform but after years of hassle, it's understandable why Chuck doesn't believe him. He's sick and tired of, as he sees it, Jimmy screwing up.

As to why Jimmy takes it: Chuck's his big brother. He remembers when Chuck did help him out. Not every relationship is a mutual and sensible arrangement.

But it really doesn't matter what Jimmy does at this point. Even when he gets a great legit job at a great legit law firm, Chuck goes all out to sabotage him. Why doesn't he want him to go straight and make good if he's sick of him being such a monumental f*ck up? How does he ever expect him to change, if he's never given the chance?

I just don't get the dynamic there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

This season is moving very slowly. Each episode seems drawn out and somewhat predictable. I'm not enjoying it half as much as Seaon 1. Still hoping it picks up as it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A few far out guesses on my part here. Season 1 was set six years before Breaking Bad so this is five years before I would guess. Kim and Jimmy don't exist in BB world, if I had to guess Jimmy by changing his name to Saul Goodman can bypass his agreement with Chuck to no longer practice law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Enjoying this season more than the first.

Find it strange how many people are eager to see him become Saul so soon. We've already seen plenty of Saul in BB. As far as I'm concerned as soon as he becomes Saul, the series is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

This season is moving very slowly. Each episode seems drawn out and somewhat predictable. I'm not enjoying it half as much as Seaon 1. Still hoping it picks up as it goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭dasdog

Series is very aptly named if the character pivot is brought about through the unapproved tv advert. It worked, but it wasn't accepted in the corporate world. More solo cheesy adverts by the end of the series please. Mike story is the most interesting so far, great character.

But it really doesn't matter what Jimmy does at this point. Even when he gets a great legit job at a great legit law firm, Chuck goes all out to sabotage him. Why doesn't he want him to go straight and make good if he's sick of him being such a monumental f*ck up? How does he ever expect him to change, if he's never given the chance?

Well said,even this episode highlighted it as well-Chuck saying Jimmy is like an alco driving school bus,yet hes mentally ill and Jimmy keeps caring for him instead of calling him on his BS illness and getting tucked away somewhere,so its like Jimmy goes out of the way to work and do things right even if its grey area yet his brother calls it extortion when he says tell me to quit and he says hell be doing that by himself - so no wonder he becomes real Saul when he will be done with all that negativity that surrounds him and leaving Chuck Kim behind.

finally found the new intro theme song,seems really catchy and suits better then original track which was somewhat meh :/ :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkIuTDZILMQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Why was chuck wearing a watch when he was asleep on the couch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I think that Chuck's self-esteem was always based on the fact that he was a successful lawyer, and a good guy, in contrast to Slippin' Jimmy the borderline criminal. Then Jimmy cleaned up his act somewhat and became a lawyer and Chuck lost all of that. Chuck couldn't face the fact that Jimmy was now his peer, so he sabotaged him and continued to believe the worst of him, and he developed a delusion that turned him (Chuck) into a shut-in. The only times he's able to leave the house are when there's the chance of checking up on Jimmy and catching him doing something wrong. If Jimmy failed at the law or quit and moved away, I'd say Chuck would be cured of his insanity within a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I think that Chuck's self-esteem was always based on the fact that he was a successful lawyer, and a good guy, in contrast to Slippin' Jimmy the borderline criminal. Then Jimmy cleaned up his act somewhat and became a lawyer and Chuck lost all of that. Chuck couldn't face the fact that Jimmy was now his peer, so he sabotaged him and continued to believe the worst of him, and he developed a delusion that turned him (Chuck) into a shut-in. The only times he's able to leave the house are when there's the chance of checking up on Jimmy and catching him doing something wrong. If Jimmy failed at the law or quit and moved away, I'd say Chuck would be cured of his insanity within a week.

But Jimmy is sabotaging himself without Chucks help.

Regardless of his likability he's making unacceptable errors when he's been given a chance in a good quality law firm.

He ran an ad without checking with his superiors, he coerced clients into joining the law suit even though it could come back to bite the firm, he lied to Kim costing her her status in HHM.

Deep down Chuck is right about Jimmy even though Chuck is being a complete asshole he's still right about him.

Jimmy is far to dodgy and too much a lone wolf to ever be able to make it in a respectable law firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

People had watches before electricity was squeezed into a teeny tiny battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So he could tell the time when he was awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Maybe it's a wind-up watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭squonk

Great episode! Who cares if it's slow! I like that! You have the time to exist in the world and build up a real feel for it. It's not like Mike or Jimmy are sitting around watchping paint dry or thinkig about what they'll have for breakfast.

I thought it was really great seeing Mike's train of thought unfold over having to kill Tuco. I took it that Mike was in Nam and had somehow gotten a distaste for killing because of that. I felt that it was only once he picked up the army rifle that his opinion became cemented. It looks like he was a sniper so perhaps something didn't sit right iwth him once he came home.

As for Jimmy, he really is the architect of his own misery really. The whole advertisment issue shows he's too fast and loose. He also just seems to see the smaller picture and I thought that was very obvious once Cliff explained the situation. On balance it's also telling that he's just in the door before he does an end run around the senior partners. At the end of the day, Jimmy is a chancer and a grifter and that's his nature. I'm coming around to seeing that Chuck is pretty much on the money here even if he's being a bit of a dick about it. Now not only has he screwed himself over, he's also left Kim in the doghouse. I want to see where he and Kim go now and I also want to see if his offer to Chuck to quit law leads somewhere. I suspect it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Maybe it's a wind-up watch?

Yeah maybe. Was just wondering why he had one on yet Jimmy left his in the mailbox

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Whos the guy sitting opposite tuco in the taco place? Know he was in breaking bad but can't remember where.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Whos the guy sitting opposite tuco in the taco place? Know he was in breaking bad but can't remember where.

He was the guy that Walt took an age to kill while having him locked up in Jessie's basement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

He was the guy that Walt took an age to kill while having him locked up in Jessie's basement

That's the guy. Thanks. Just couldn't place him without the bicycle lock

Advertisement