Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

He was the guy that Walt took an age to kill while having him locked up in Jessie's basement

He looks totally different than he did when he was playing Krazy 8 in breaking bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

I found it amusing when Jimmy was walking across the polished floor and the janitor told him to "be careful not to slip".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

He was the guy that Walt took an age to kill while having him locked up in Jessie's basement

Thought he was Jimmy's assistant at first! Was really bugging me trying to place him, cheers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I don't get the people complaining about the pace, this is a Breaking bad spin off afterall and the one thing I often said to people who I thought wouldn't like Breaking Bad was it is slow paced. Slow paced is what I expected going in but it also means that when something happens it is even more significant and as someone else said the slow paced stuff isn't watching paint dry it's usually very good stuff even if he isn't becoming Saul right away as many seem to want.

I'm loving it anyway. A little surprised actually that the show is almost 50% mike atm but I'm not complaining, just like Jimmy / Saul he really is a great character

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Great episode, really enjoying the Mike story - such a good character and like the 1st season the best episodes seem to
    be Mike centric.

That scene with Nacho and Mike discussing the execution and the "Dawg" story was top TV! , really loved the nods to BB,
    Gun guy, Crazy 8 (with his Tampico furniture shirt :) ) and Tuco :D.

The whole Chuck story Im sick of, I thought that was done at the end of series 1, Jimmy is a bigger fool for giving a ****
    about the guy after he has been trying to sabotage him.

The sooner he is out of the show the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah and the fella selling the guns to Mike was in breaking bad as well.

He seemed like a nice fello!

Maybe Mike had some moral thing going on for not killing Tuco, but I guess by not killing him it leaves Nacho on edge and it gives Mike some leeway with Nacho since he knows his jazz.. A common enemy and all that

I used to like the BB episodes of Mike so no problems with this. It's fun to watch.

Enchiladas for dinner today I think

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

That scene with Nacho and Mike discussing the execution and the "Dawg" story was top TV! , really loved the nods to BB,
    Gun guy, Crazy 8 (with his Tampico furniture shirt :) ) and Tuco :D.

Hank told that "Dawg" story about Tuco in BB Season 2 when they were hunting him:

e0tOkix.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,775 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

That's the guy. Thanks. Just couldn't place him without the bicycle lock

:D

Very good.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did mike end up working wiith tuco via saul?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

did mike end up working wiith tuco via jimmy?

We don't know yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I can see tuco getting saul to be his lawyer

Quick question...

(not gonna be a quick answer!)

When BCS finishes...

For first time viewers: Is it gonna be better to watch BCS then BB or the way it was aired?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Quick question...

When BCS finishes...

For first time viewers: Is it gonna be better to watch BCS then BB or the way it was aired?

If your waiting to watch BB, Don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Quick question...

When BCS finishes...

The way it was aired, definitely. Some small parts of BCS takes place after BB even though most of it is a prequel.

Besides, many of the guest characters appearing in BCS who were in BB first, the effect and surprise of them showing up in BCS would be completely lost.

Definitely BB first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Penn wrote: »
    The way it was aired, definitely. Some small parts of BCS takes place after BB even though most of it is a prequel.

Besides, many of the guest characters appearing in BCS who were in BB first, the effect and surprise of them showing up in BCS would be completely lost.

Definitely BB first.

Of course, for a complete understanding of the Breaking Bad universe you have to watch the prequel series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Custardpi wrote: »
    Of course, for a complete understanding of the Breaking Bad universe you have to watch the prequel series.

It's been running on Comedy Central since November and it just finished yesterday.

Malcolm in the Middle really shows what an unbelievably good actor Bryan Cranston is.He's really brilliant in it while playing a completely different type of character to Walter White.

I always loved the theory that MITM was a sequel after WW was put in the witness protection programme :D

Quick question...

When BCS finishes...

Always watch BB first. It's simply superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Can't believe that was Krazy 8 talking to Tuco, thought he looked familiar but didn't remember why! Love all the throwbacks to BB.

Although I like Jimmy's story, I enjoy Mike's scenes the most. Such a great character. The episode with the flashbacks to when his son was murdered was my favourite part of Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I know Tuco was snorting stuff but still seemed coherent enough that he should realise something was up, a rake of cops out of nowhere with guns drawn.

IIRC Nacho turned up to meeting with the pharmaceutical hummer guy with other gang guys who could recognise Mike, though those gang guys presumably knew Nacho was going behind Tucos back on those deals so could be loyal.

TQGYTHg.gif?1

• Advertisement

Quick question...

When BCS finishes...

I was thinking about this. But I would only be able to give you a full answer after BCS finishes.
    I think that you could watch BCS first - with one caveat- if none of it goes beyond the time frame of BB/or spoils storylines.
    So far there has been nothing in BCS which spoils BB. I think it would be fun to watch BCS in it's entirety and then watching BB if you have never seen breaking bad. You will know a lot more background of the characters that the original viewers of BB never had.

So far there has been nothing in BCS which spoils BB.

Eh, the Cinabon scenes?!?!?

Eh, the Cinabon scenes?!?!?

Not really because it has not shown how/why he got there.

Not really because it has not shown how/why he got there.

But it still shows that he's alive. There's a few points in BB where his survival looked by no means certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Many were wondering if Jesse would appear, I was thinking he would be too young for Aaron Paul to play.

Wikipedia says BCS is set in 2002. This BB site says Jesse was born in 1989, so he would only be about 13.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Jesse_Pinkman

however that same page says jesse was 27 in the final series.

The same site has a timeline page. Which says it ended in 2011, which would mean jesse was 22. So I guess the birthday quoted is wrong.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

He could come into later episodes, but would obviously would be an older actor by then too. Or he could come into the current "cinabon time"

Yeah, unless they did an amazing make up/special fx job & made him look 13!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Another great episode, Kim centric also great to see another Breaking Bad character show up in Tuco's uncle Tio Salamanca turn up to complicate Mike's life!
    Also funny seeing Jimmy slagging off Mike's face with the "first rule of fight club" and humming the Rocky theme!
    I know some people hate the slow pace of the show but I love it and savour a very well written and acted show like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Another quality episode, my favourite this season. I think the scene with Chuck and Kim was great, even better than the Chuck/Jimmy scene from last season. I was left wondering about Chuck's conclusion though. Did he go looking through those books for something to pin on Jimmy? I wouldn't be surprised if we learn that Jimmy had nothing to do with that missing cash or even that he was using the cash to keep his father out of trouble somehow. Another example of Jimmy bending the rules for, in his view, the greater good and Chuck being unwilling to accept any deviation from the straight path?

What is clear is that Chuck worshiped (or at least worships the memory of) his father and that he believes Jimmy was responsible for his death. This is enough to make his resentment understandable.

It will be interesting to see if Kim completely believes Chuck's story. Will she construct a narrative around Jimmy's bad traits the same as Chuck has or will she continue to believe he's a good guy beneath it all? The writers are clearly swaying the story this season to make us sympathise with those around Jimmy... but I think they'll swing things back around before the end of the season. I'd imagine that when everything is said and done they'll want us in Jimmy's corner but so far this season has made Chuck's position the more convincing, in my eyes at least.

I am less interested in Mike's story to be honest and I didn't get any buzz from Tio's arrival. I'm guessing Mike vs Tio and Tuco will lead to Guss appearing sooner rather than later but for me it's all about Jimmy, Kim and Chuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

It was interesting episode,very different from others,few stories developing,chucks illness will be revealed at some point and what caused it,Tucos uncle showing up - i guess its early spoiler but few months in prison he will get thats where we will see skinny pet ? appear as in meeting tuco while inside prison,and maybe even Jesse being around when pete is out.

Mike seemed cornered when Tio showed up and offered 5k :o for him trying to take the blame of accident.Wonder how will Guss appear-since seems he would be controlled by cartel,but from BB we know he hates them all,thus will be interesting.

Jimmy was clearly annoyed and guess wont be long before he quits company-scene with teddy bear,soda cans.

All in turning for somewhat more in depth series not only focusing on BB alone,but developing sort of another tv side play show.

But as we all want everything soon and given that series are slow moving and somewhat short i think ill skip few episodes,since buildup to events and most likely one more season or so coming out,leaves me feeling if there was more to follow up then just wait another week,to see such great acting and stories turned out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

scamalert wrote: »
    It was interesting episode,very different from others,few stories developing,chucks illness will be revealed at some point and what caused it,Tucos uncle showing up - i guess its early spoiler but few months in prison he will get thats where we will see skinny pet ? appear as in meeting tuco while inside prison,and maybe even Jesse being around when pete is out.

Mike seemed cornered when Tio showed up and offered 5k :o for him trying to take the blame of accident.Wonder how will Guss appear-since seems he would be controlled by cartel,but from BB we know he hates them all,thus will be interesting.

Jimmy was clearly annoyed and guess wont be long before he quits company-scene with teddy bear,soda cans.

All in turning for somewhat more in depth series not only focusing on BB alone,but developing sort of another tv side play show.

But as we all want everything soon and given that series are slow moving and somewhat short i think ill skip few episodes,since buildup to events and most likely one more season or so coming out,leaves me feeling if there was more to follow up then just wait another week,to see such great acting and stories turned out.

Sometimes the journey is more interesting than the destination :-)

Advertisement