Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Incredible episode.
    Chuck's Ted Beneke moment came out of no-where...
    I actually think this season has been better than Season 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

The shows overall seems to be raising the question of whether it is better to do a good thing for a bad reason or a bad thing for a good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭squonk

Great episode! I don't think I could say anything to add to what has already been written. Two funny things struck me though.

First off, I got the impression that Mike bought the round to indirectly let the Salamancas know he had done the heist and did't give a fúck. Maybe it was just the thrill of being able to buy a round.

Second, when Kim got the call to go to Chuck's to collect the Mesa Verde files, she arrives in full lawyer business suit garb with Jimmy in tow in his jeans a t-shirt. It seemed so odd to me because it could be explained if it was a company she hadn't really had dealings with and was calling to their office, but it was Chuck, who she knew. She also wasn't calling into HHM's offices. It wasn't a business meeting. She didn't look to be covered in paint either. It's just one of those odd details that stood out to me.

Finally, I'm guessing Chuck probably dies as a result of his fall. I think his purpose has been served now. He's warned all and sundry about Jimmy. It's down to the rest of the characters now to deal with that.

I think it's too early for Fring. He's such a strong character that I think he'd overshadow the leads just now. The flag stunt though did show that Saul is starting to develope. the shot of Jimmy in front of the flag was pure Saul.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

We heard rumblings before of cameos for Walt and\or Jesse in this series - I don't think anyone saw the series being as popular or as good as it is so perhaps they don't actually need the injection of these characters as they come into Saul's life at a later timewhere as Fring would have had to have had a history with Mike and possibly Saul.

What are people's take on whether the cameo of Walt\Jesse will\should happen at some point in future BCS seasons...the thing is - when they are introduced\presented to the audience, unless its a scene where they are nearly background or passing through a scene, you kinda know that we are coming close to the end of BSC.....UNLESS! BCS is going to continue concurrently alongside early episodes of BB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

We heard rumblings before of cameos for Walt and\or Jesse in this series - I don't think anyone saw the series being as popular or as good as it is so perhaps they don't actually need the injection of these characters as they come into Saul's life at a later timewhere as Fring would have had to have had a history with Mike and possibly Saul.

What are people's take on whether the cameo of Walt\Jesse will\should happen at some point in future BCS seasons...the thing is - when they are introduced\presented to the audience, unless its a scene where they are nearly background or passing through a scene, you kinda know that we are coming close to the end of BSC.....UNLESS! BCS is going to continue concurrently alongside early episodes of BB...

It could, but they will really need to get the youth makeup on Aaron Paul, he has visibly aged.

I would love this show to go into the long haul - run some in parallel with Br Ba and after - it kind of has to really, those 2 scenes at the start of S1 and S2 with Saul working in Cinabun(?) need to be expanded - then again they could be restricted to a 5-10 minute intro to each season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Two things I was puzzled by.

Jimmy goes to all that effort to effectively break into a school and then bamboozle the staff in order to get a shot he says he can't get anywhere else as cheaply. What shot? Him with a flag behind him? Why can't he do that anywhere?

What exactly was Mike's motive in ripping off Hector. He was clean away from them. Was he really just trying to stick it to him? Seems strange. Also, when he started cutting into the tyres I thought of course - someone told him that's where they stashed it but who was that? I've forgotten.

Mousewar wrote: »

Jimmy goes to all that effort to effectively break into a school and then bamboozle the staff in order to get a shot he says he can't get anywhere else as cheaply. What shot? Him with a flag behind him? Why can't he do that anywhere?

What exactly was Mike's motive in ripping off Hector. He was clean away from them. Was he really just trying to stick it to him? Seems strange. Also, when he started cutting into the tyres I thought of course - someone told him that's where they stashed it but who was that? I've forgotten.

Don't think anyone told him, he was just scoping the place (helados) and the truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jimmy - Can't just do that shot anywhere for free or without getting a permit etc. And he was hardly going to erect his own flagpole and buy a huge flag for himself. He's Slippin' Jimmy. He figured he could quickly go where there's already a flag and get the shot without anyone noticing, for free. He never does things the easy way. He tries to do the hard things in an easy way and then uses his abilities to get out of trouble.

Mike - Mike ripping off Hector was probably a bit of pride after being forced to back down over Tuco's gun charges, but was mostly because they threatened his granddaughter. Mike knows he can't take them on, but taking a big chunk of their money was good enough revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Don't think anyone told him, he was just scoping the place (helados) and the truck.

Hmmm, I might be thinking of Narcos so - I think there was a line to that effect in that. Must have confused the two. Too many cartel dealings to keep a track of - that's always been my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Penn wrote: »
    Jimmy - Can't just do that shot anywhere for free or without getting a permit etc. And he was hardly going to erect his own flagpole and buy a huge flag for himself. He's Slippin' Jimmy. He figured he could quickly go where there's already a flag and get the shot without anyone noticing, for free. He never does things the easy way. He tries to do the hard things in an easy way and then uses his abilities to get out of trouble.

Mike - Mike ripping off Hector was probably a bit of pride after being forced to back down over Tuco's gun charges, but was mostly because they threatened his granddaughter. Mike knows he can't take them on, but taking a big chunk of their money was good enough revenge.

the money's tainted for Mike now he knows an innocent was killed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

In the last episode, towards then end, we saw Tio Salamanca standing outside a garage smoking a cigar, Mike (and the viewer) could clearly hear air guns being used inside. This suggested that the tyres were being changed out.

Tabnabs wrote: »
    In the last episode, towards then end, we saw Tio Salamanca standing outside a garage smoking a cigar, Mike (and the viewer) could clearly hear air guns being used inside. This suggested that the tyres were being changed out.

Ah!!!

Niice !! :)

I thought Mike just figured it out as he knew the truck would be searched thoroughly in customs so it must be in the tyres..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Mr E wrote: »
    Possible returning character in the finale (only a theory but a very clever one):
    when you take the first letter of each episode title — "Switch," "Cobbler," "Amarillo," "Gloves Off," "Rebecca," "Bali Ha'i," "Inflatable," "Fifi," "Nailed" and "Klick" — you get the letters S, C, A, G, R, B, I, F, N and K.

Unscramble that, and here's what you get: "Fring's Back."

But
    technically he's not back, he's introduced.

Helado is just the Spanish word for ice cream.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    But
    technically he's not back, he's introduced.

Helado is just the Spanish word for ice cream.

Yeah sure , I picked that up in 10 years living here :p

I couldn't remember the place name of the fast food joint they hung out in - just the truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

He guessed the wheels as when the door to the warehouse closed he heard the sound of those power tools they use to loosen wheel bolts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Amazing episode last night.
    Didn't want it to end. So many good scenes. It's such an engrossing series.

I wouldn't have any problem if the series picked up pace in terms of plot (like last night).

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Definitely the best episode of the series so far (unless the next one manages to top it). I'd be interested to see what Chuck's fate will be in the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

tumblr_o5ibzyoq731qiaxzfo1_250.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Tabnabs wrote: »

that was one of those pointless scenes that was too long and unnecessary viewing in the previous episode :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was warning people about imdb giving descriptions of episodes well in advance,

I was saying I would avoid them as there could be spoilers but couldn't resist reading the one for episode 1 of season 3. I was very surprised they had it up, some are cryptic but not this one, so do not read it. Not sure where they originate as I could not find it elsewhere.

Not sure why they release info so early? others will obviously read these synopses and reveal it online.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I was warning people about imdb giving descriptions of episodes well in advance,

I was saying I would avoid them as there could be spoilers but couldn't resist reading the one for episode 1 of season 3. I was very surprised they had it up, some are cryptic but not this one, so do not read it. Not sure where they originate as I could not find it elsewhere.

Not sure why they release info so early? others will obviously read these synopses and reveal it online.

Here it is
    Storyline

Mike's new employer teaches him the best chicken recipes; Jimmy, after getting a little too close to Chuck, looks to distance himself from his family name.

But afaik imdb can be edited by users like Wikipedia, so carefull there.

I remember with Interstellar there was an awful lot of horsehite up there

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Literally shouted at the end of this episode. How can i wait till next week to find out what happens....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

What are we thinking for last shot of the series?

What i'd like is Gustavo standing behind the counter of Los Pollos Hermanos, "can I take your order please" to Mike, a close up of a big smile on his face that slowly turns sinister, hard cut to black, credits roll a few seconds later without music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Roar wrote: »
    What are we thinking for last shot of the series?

What i'd like is Gustavo standing behind the counter of Los Pollos Hermanos, "can I take your order please" to Mike, a close up of a big smile on his face that slowly turns sinister, hard cut to black, credits roll a few seconds later without music.

Mikes having breakfast in his favourite diner, we see a man sit down iat his booth our angle is from behind the man, and he says to Mike "I think we have a common enemy in Hector Salamanca and I have a business proposition for you", cut to Gus's face and role credits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Mikes having breakfast in his favourite diner, we see a man sit down iat his booth our angle is from behind the man, and he says to Mike "I think we have a common enemy in Hector Salamanca and I have a business proposition for you", cut to Gus's face and role credits!

Sounds good...but how would Gus know about Mike? He's been pretty discrete

These are great lads, are you scriptwriters ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Utah wrote: »
    Sounds good...but how would Gus know about Mike? He's been pretty discrete

Gus is probably monitoring Hector's movements and obviously seen Mike snooping around and also Gus is a fine upstanding member of the community and has ties with the police department, he would have known about Mike being beaten up by Tuco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Was there any "professional" link between Gus and the Salamancas when we're first introduced to Gus in Breaking Bad?

Were they competitors? I vaguely remember that Gus hated Hector and I clearly remember how it finished (obviously), but I can't remember how things stood earlier in the series.

I reckon I'll have to do a BB rewatch at some point between seasons 2 & 3 of BCS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Didn't Hector kill Gus's friend from Chile when they first approached him with a business proposition to sell Meth? Of course when we first meet Gus in BB we're not aware of that history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Essien wrote: »
    Was there any "professional" link between Gus and the Salamancas when we're first introduced to Gus in Breaking Bad?

Were they competitors? I vaguely remember that Gus hated Hector and I clearly remember how it finished (obviously), but I can't remember how things stood earlier in the series.

I reckon I'll have to do a BB rewatch at some point between seasons 2 & 3 of BCS.

Pretty sure Gus has been working for the Cartel for a long time. He'd be somewhat separated from what the Salamancas are doing.

If I remember correctly, Hector and another Cartel guy both worked directly for Don Eladio, and Gus worked for that other Cartel guy.

Advertisement