Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Essien wrote: »
    I reckon I'll have to do a BB rewatch at some point between seasons 2 & 3 of BCS.

loads of info here
    http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Gustavo_Fring

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A tough week for good Samaritans. Jimmy's little car reversal was good and Ernie's car, check him out. :p

Kim's line: 'You made him this way!'

Ouch

I flinched when Chuck hit his head. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kim's line: 'You made him this way!'

Ouch
    I think Kim's character redeemed herself here for me. Previously Kim annoyed me with her indecision. Also she seemed very meek to her superiors. She is finally speaking her mind. Kind of like the trajectory Skylar went in breaking bad.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I think Kim's character redeemed herself here for me. Previously Kim annoyed me with her indecision. Also she seemed very meek to her superiors. She is finally speaking her mind. Kind of like the trajectory Skylar went in breaking bad.

they both being dragged into their man's trajectory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Spoilers??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

What time is the finale on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

What time is the finale on?

3am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

3am

Balls.

I'll wait until tomorrow evening so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

God damn it, I cannot wait for another season. That was something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

awesome season. really was. Im in the didnt like BB but live BCS camp!

I love how they are building this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

You didnt like BB???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Gus is probably monitoring Hector's movements and obviously seen Mike snooping around and also Gus is a fine upstanding member of the community and has ties with the police department, he would have known about Mike being beaten up by Tuco.

I think you called this perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Jesus that was amazing television.
    The only thing I didn't expect was the taperecorder. I thought Chuck was genuinely finished and might be thankful to Jimmy for his honesty (out of his love for him). And forget about Mesa Verde.
    But no. Chuck seems to be a formidable adversary. All about the law.
    Amazing stuff.
    Who left the note on Mike's car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Jesus that was amazing television.
    The only thing I didn't expect was the taperecorder. I thought Chuck was genuinely finished and might be thankful to Jimmy for his honesty (out of his love for him). And forget about Mesa Verde.
    But no. Chuck seems to be a formidable adversary. All about the law.
    Amazing stuff.
    Who left the note on Mike's car?
    Has to have been Gus, he hates hector and wants him dead but he wants everything to be organised and sensible and above all under the radar. Also might fear that the cartel would think it was him
    Also I just read that if you take the first letter of each of the s02 episode titles they anagram to Frings back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Well seems another 6 months or year before another seasons breaks in,meanwhile this one was up and down,didnt really expect chuck to do what he did,but imagine once Jimmy will be done with him its loony house for Chuck and for good,can see how this would drop on Kim as well ruining her career.But imagine Chuck will get his fare share of electricity come Sauls turn.

Even thou it was pointed out that BTC is separate show,due to it being slow,but following all events its not hard to see they are using sort of same scenario build up where it gets worse withing each season as in BB,not sure if 3rd will be last but should be breaking moment in the series where a lot will change thus seeing few characters dropping out and new appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

scamalert wrote: »
    where it gets worse within each season as in BB

Pardon? Maybe you mean Big Brother, surely not Breaking Bad? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I don't want to wait a year for the next episode :(

Tigger wrote: »
    Has to have been Gus, he hates hector and wants him dead but he wants everything to be organised and sensible and above all under the radar. Also might fear that the cartel would think it was him
    Also I just read that if you take the first letter of each of the s02 episode titles they anagram to Frings back

my thinking too, has to be

TheDoctor wrote: »
    You didnt like BB???????

it was ok, not the amazing show its talked about imo. Loved the last few episodes though.

Maybe i need to rewatch it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Mr E wrote: »
    Pardon? Maybe you mean Big Brother, surely not Breaking Bad? :)
    worse as in consequences for characters-since BB started with few kills and by season 5 everyone were affected by Walts actions,while its not BrB as in terms of action happening,but Saul will do its own damage id imagine to people that are close -if we can call them this way :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Over all very tame finale, I was hoping they would at least kill off chuck, In two seasons Jimmy's story has gone nowhere to be honest.

The ending was also very predictable after it showed chuck searching the garage it became completely obvious he was going to record Jimmy's confession.

Anyone who thinks this is even close to BB needs to have a long hard look at themselves IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Over all very tame finale, I was hoping they would at least kill off chuck, In two seasons Jimmy's story has gone nowhere to be honest.

The ending was also very predictable after it showed chuck searching the garage it became completely obvious he was going to record Jimmy's confession.

Strongly disagree with first part of your comment, Jimmy has changed a lot... I think the only thing that's been constant since day 1 is that he loves Chuck and Kim. Can you stop loving a family member in 2 years?

I agree with the second part of your comment though, Chuck's trap was no great surprise... but I don't think it was meant to be.

To me, the point of the ending was to illustrate how Jimmy, despite everything, still loves Chuck unconditionally and that Chuck, despite Jimmy's efforts to care for him, only cares about showing him up as a crook. His father loved Jimmy, his mother loved Jimmy... and Chuck can't understand why and he won't rest until the world sees Jimmy the way he sees him.

Strongly disagree with first part of your comment, Jimmy has changed a lot... I think the only thing that's been constant since day 1 is that he loves Chuck and Kim. Can you stop loving a family member in 2 years?

I agree with the second part of your comment though, Chuck's trap was no great surprise... but I don't think it was meant to be.

To me, the point of the ending was to illustrate how Jimmy, despite everything, still loves Chuck unconditionally and that Chuck, despite Jimmy's efforts to care for him, only cares about showing him up as a crook. His father loved Jimmy, his mother loved Jimmy... and Chuck can't understand why and he won't rest until the world sees Jimmy the way he sees him.

I feel like Chuck and Jimmy's relationship has been covered already now it's the end of season 2 and it has yet to come to a head.

At the start of the show Jimmy was a dodgy lawyer trying to go it alone now he's a slightly less dodgy lawyer trying to go it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

I feel like Chuck and Jimmy's relationship has been covered already now it's the end of season 2 and it has yet to come to a head.

At the start of the show Jimmy was a dodgy lawyer trying to go it alone now he's a slightly less dodgy lawyer trying to go it alone.

At the start Jimmy was a dodgy guy trying to be an honest lawyer. He's explored that over two seasons leading us to today, where he's just really beginning to embrace the fact that he's a dodgy guy being a dodgy lawyer.

The contrast is between the dodgy guy/dodgy lawyer who is, beneath, a good person with the good guy/good lawyer who is, beneath, a horrible person.

Where would this show go if they end the Jimmy/Chuck relationship? It's the whole point of Jimmy's story (along with Kim of course).

I don't see the entertainment in Saul Goodman just doing his thing week in week out without the conflict that Chuck brings to that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone who thinks this is even close to BB needs to have a long hard look at themselves IMO.

I tried doing his but found the pacing very slow.

At the start Jimmy was a dodgy guy trying to be an honest lawyer. He's explored that over two seasons leading us to today, where he's just really beginning to embrace the fact that he's a dodgy guy being a dodgy lawyer.

The contrast is between the dodgy guy/dodgy lawyer who is, beneath, a good person with the good guy/good lawyer who is, beneath, a horrible person.

Where would this show go if they end the Jimmy/Chuck relationship? It's the whole point of Jimmy's story (along with Kim of course).

I don't see the entertainment in Saul Goodman just doing his thing week in week out without the conflict that Chuck brings to that.

Iirc at the start of series one Jimmy was not trying to be a good Lawyer, he was involved in setting up an accident with the skate boarders, Hes nearly gone full circle.

I think our contention is the circumference of that circle, I agree that its more about the journey than the destination and a lot has happened in between but generally Jimmy (and his relationship with Chuck) isnt much different now than what it was at the start of the show, Its taken a long time to go nowhere.

The story could go in countless directions with or without Chuck it would just feel like it had moved on a bit had he died.

Saul Goodmans antics would get old pretty quick, but I would like to see a conclusion to the flash forward.

I

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Really enjoyed the ending. Chuck is a prick of the highest order. Felt sorry for Jimmy having him as a brother.

It looks like Gus is back. Everything is shaping up nicely for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have to say I was disappointed enough with that episode. Last weeks episode was some of the best television I've ever watched and it felt like it had set up the finale to be excellent, but it feels as if it almost reverted back to being a slow burner again, now we have to wait until next season to see what the next step is, both with Jimmy and Mike. I have enjoyed the series to date and last week was a particular highlight but I was disappointed with the finale to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

They should have left Saul back at the nail salon,,, and just did a Mike Ehrmantraut spin off,,,Now he is one interesting guy...

Still a good show,, but Mike is doing all the heavy lifting...

Advertisement