Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

rubadub wrote: »
    I wonder how these are reviewed by the judges. Do they get videos with everything which is CGI pointed out to them, and then watch it back again.

If a show wants to be considered in that category they choose an episode and submit an effects reel for it. This shows a brief breakdown of the work involved. From all these submissions the Emmy's people whittle it down to the final nominees.

A similar process is used in the Oscars. The production company for a film will submit an effects breakdown reel to the Academy. The members of the FX committee of the Academy will then choose what they consider to be the best 10 submissions. The 10 finalists will then be invited to each give a half hour presentation on their work at a event called the special effects bake-off. After the bake-off any member of the FX division who attended will cast their votes. The five films with the highest votes are then announced as the final nominees.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Better Call Saul Seasons 1+2 binge watch. Hmm, a little confused by this. The pace is very slow (much slower than Breaking Bad, esp. S1); but when it's good, it's very good. Unfortunately there were only two real standout episodes for me
    the one where Jonathan Banks tells the story of how his son was killed, and the penultimate episode in Season 2 where you had real Breaking Bad-like tension
    . In fact I'd go so far as to say
    Banks' Mike Ehrmantrout character is more more interesting thus far than Jimmy/Saul
    . They overdo the
    brother who has a reaction to electro magnetic fields
    story and the
    tape recorded confession was a bit obvious
    but I also found Breaking Bad Seasons 1-3 to be slow so I will likely stick with this. I feel part of the problem with it is you know ultimately where these people will end up so it would be interesting to see how someone who's never seen Breaking Bad would find it? 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Better Call Saul Seasons 1+2 binge watch. Hmm, a little confused by this. The pace is very slow (much slower than Breaking Bad, esp. S1); but when it's good, it's very good. Unfortunately there were only two real standout episodes for me
    the one where Jonathan Banks tells the story of how his son was killed, and the penultimate episode in Season 2 where you had real Breaking Bad-like tension
    . In fact I'd go so far as to say
    Banks' Mike Ehrmantrout character is more more interesting thus far than Jimmy/Saul
    . They overdo the
    brother who has a reaction to electro magnetic fields
    story and the
    tape recorded confession was a bit obvious
    but I also found Breaking Bad Seasons 1-3 to be slow so I will likely stick with this. I feel part of the problem with it is you know ultimately where these people will end up so it would be interesting to see how someone who's never seen Breaking Bad would find it? 7/10

I suppose you can end up with a different take on it when you binge watch it does take away the anticpation and tension a bit. I would agree with you that they are over-egging the Chuck storyline a bit.
    Who knows the next prequel might be called "I know a guy, who knows a guy" about Mike.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,641 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Teaser for season 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

^^ He's baacccckkk! :D

Also, I have a strange longing for chicken! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Anyone know what date season 3 begins?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

The premiere date for season 3 hasn't been announced yet but 1 and 2 both aired in February. So, hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    The premiere date for season 3 hasn't been announced yet but 1 and 2 both aired in February. So, hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Starts up again in spring apparently. Whenever that is.....

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

The premiere date has now been announced. It will be April 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    The premiere date has now been announced. It will be April 10th.

Far too long to wait.....rage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Giancarlo Esposito will reprise his role as drug kingpin Gus Fring
    Source TV Line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Giancarlo Esposito will reprise his role as drug kingpin Gus Fring[/SPOILER] Source TV Line

It's not really a spoiler to be fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Will this be aired weekly on Netflix like first 2 seasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Unearthly wrote: »
    Will this be aired weekly on Netflix like first 2 seasons?

It will.

AMC produce it so will want to play it on their network first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

noodler wrote: »
    It will.

Yeah that's grand, just wanted to know if they still had the UK/Ireland rights

• Registered Users Posts: 26,395 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Unearthly wrote: »
    Yeah that's grand, just wanted to know if they still had the UK/Ireland rights

Yeah thank God, can still watch on demand in full HD.

No need to tune to any station with adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

noodler wrote: »
    It will.

I think "first" is only by a few hours IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think it shows up on Netflix at 7am gmt after it's aired

Love this new promo image.

better-call-saul-season-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Love this new promo image.

better-call-saul-season-3.jpg

that would difficult getting those stripes straight by yourself

• Advertisement

The first episode of season 3 will be on Netflix on April 11th the day after it airs in the States and will air weekly after that like previous seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Season 3 promos

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

The first episode of season 3 will be on Netflix on April 11th the day after it airs in the States and will air weekly after that like previous seasons.

Yes !!

I was about to post to ask about NetFlix ... fantastic ... I had my doubts as season 2 isn't available to me on Netflix .. only season 1 ..

Yes !!

I was about to post to ask about NetFlix ... fantastic ... I had my doubts as season 2 isn't available to me on Netflix .. only season 1 ..

If you are in Ireland season 2 is there as I watching it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Season 3 episode 1 is up on Netflix now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Just realised the third season has kicked off, and I have broadband for the first time in a year. Coincidence, I think not...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

and on every torrent site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Ah cool.. ta

Designated survivor is back too .. not too bad if you can stand Jack Bauer as president.

Just thinking... there seems to be a good few flash forwards in Season 1 and 2 'post Breaking bad'.
    Would people here be up for a realignment for new BB/BCS ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

**** it .. not on Netflix Spain .... pity, I remember S2 was last year ....

Advertisement