Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

mike_ie wrote: »
    Just realised the third season has kicked off, and I have broadband for the first time in a year. Coincidence, I think not...

I got mine on Friday after 4 months of no internet...also a coincidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

superb episode to watch for breakfast quite long as well 50mins.
    its keeping its slow burn pace but tbh its real gem like the way they open possibility to keep it at two stages in time and show concentrating on few directions,thus opening to keep it alive for more seasons if they will see it viable.Also amazed that so far never seen actress, (Kim) in any other tv shows stunning looks and performance.

Anyway not to spoil fun to anyone its really love hate series,that is hard to resist and simple episodes with buildup makes it that rare gem, that's very hard to find nowadays in many tv shows to keep interest long enough and not become strain on the brains overthinking it, rather tune into relaxing pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

scamalert wrote: »
    its keeping its slow burn pace but tbh its real gem like the way they open possibility to keep it at two stages in time and show concentrating on few directions,thus opening to keep it alive for more seasons if they will see it viable.Also amazed that so far never seen actress, (Kim) in any other tv shows stunning looks and performance.

Yeah, Rhea Seehorn (Kim) is excellent in the role. All likeable characters apart from Chuck, but that's to Michael McKean's credit.

While Mike had an epiphany regarding the tracker, I'm still trying to work out whether Chuck wanted Ernesto to hear the tape of Jimmy's 'confession' to create some angle with Jimmy later on. Not sure.

The opening 'flash forwards' are fascinating. Do we have to wait until next season to find out more or will they gradually introduce more of the present and intertwine it with the past along the lines of 'Lost'? I wonder too, if all those sequences were filmed together at the beginning of the first season or do they actually go back each year to the same shopping mall for the same purpose? Great continuity if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i imagine they could pull one season as closure on present and say someone like Jessie running into Saul,but would be hard angle to continue onto br bad extension for much longer.

while Chuck is total c*nt of a brother but adds good villain to the story of Jimmy becoming BCS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Forgot how well filmed it is. That seen with Mike inspecting his car was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

There was a tracking device hidden in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Forgot how well filmed it is. That seen with Mike inspecting his car was great.

This was a great shot:

A1tTb2o.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

seriously ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I couldn't make any sense of the petrol caps, the radio, the battery and all the swapping. Can someone recap it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I couldn't make any sense of the petrol caps, the radio, the battery and all the swapping. Can someone recap it?

Mike got a similar tracker of his own and tested it out.

He got the one that was planted in his car and connected his radio to it to simulate a battery slowly draining - if he removed the battery instantly it would arouse suspicion and they'd know he'd discovered the tracker.

When the battery was dead, he knew that they'd come to replace it. So he put his own tracker back in the cap. They came along and took his one out and replaced it with a new one (rather than just replacing the battery). He could then track the one that they had taken out.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Anyone know what Kim was changing on the document?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

God i love Mike as a character.

Monotype wrote: »
    Mike got a similar tracker of his own and tested it out.

He got the one that was planted in his car and connected his radio to it to simulate a battery slowly draining - if he removed the battery instantly it would arouse suspicion and they'd know he'd discovered the tracker.

When the battery was dead, he knew that they'd come to replace it. So he put his own tracker back in the cap. They came along and took his one out and replaced it with a new one (rather than just replacing the battery). He could then track the one that they had taken out.

And finally he took the replacement cap off his own car and left it in his garden so the bad hombres would think he was tucked up in bed when he was coming to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

Any speculation as to who placed the tracker inside Mike's car? Nacho? Gus Fring?

Kunkka wrote: »
    Anyone know what Kim was changing on the document?

On the face of if she's completely paranoid about making a typo and messing up her big clients application for a banking license.

But maybe I'm missing something more subtle.

Any speculation as to who placed the tracker inside Mike's car? Nacho? Gus Fring?

I would guess Gus and Gus hires him after he see's how good he is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Did anyone else see a major flaw in the s3ep1 show?
    Mike changed car and moved the tracker to his black car.
    Would that not have aroused suspicion, that he tampered with it?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    On the face of if she's completely paranoid about making a typo and messing up her big clients application for a banking license.

But maybe I'm missing something more subtle.
    I think she was looking for anything that jimmy tampered with?

Nacho isn't that sophisticated and it doesn't fit with the message on the car windscreen.

So someone working for Fring I'd say.

Speculation: Mike whacks Frings fixer guy and ends up working for Fring as there's now a vacancy. Fring would be the type who would appreciate Mike's intelligence in out smarting his guy.

• Advertisement

Did anyone else see a major flaw in the s3ep1 show?
    Mike changed car and moved the tracker to his black car.
    Would that not have aroused suspicion, that he tampered with it?

Both cars were tracked.

I wonder will the flashforwards only be opening season teasers. I'd like to see more but i guess they are saving it til end of the show

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Nacho isn't that sophisticated and it doesn't fit with the message on the car windscreen.

So someone working for Fring I'd say.

Speculation: Mike whacks Frings fixer guy and ends up working for Fring as there's now a vacancy. Fring would be the type who would appreciate Mike's intelligence in out smarting his guy.

Yeah, thought that myself obvious plotline unless a surprise is thrown in.

Unearthly wrote: »
    I wonder will the flashforwards only be opening season teasers. I'd like to see more but i guess they are saving it til end of the show

The flash forward today seemed to be hinting that Jimmy will not be able to resist the lure of the law for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Look,
    I think we ALL can agree that nothing, and I mean nothing, happens by chance in these series. Check out the online comments about the pizza on Walter's garage roof.

Anyway, I think the checking of the document was paranoia about typo's. But I also think that Chuck definitely wants Ernie to hear the contents of the tape.

I agree with other observations about Jimmy never losing the hankering to be a lawyer. However, isn't Cinabon the place he went to AFTER BB ended? Or should that be 'back to' ???

Mike puts the petrol cap back with his left hand, so I watched closely later and he's right handed. Although, had he used his right hand, it would have obscured the cap from the camera...
    Mike left his flask in the kiosk when leaving for the night to meet the vet... BUT he obviously subsequently retrieves the cap and presumably the flask in time for the end of that episode.

Love BCS as much as, if not more than, BB.

I agree with other observations about Jimmy never losing the hankering to be a lawyer. However, isn't Cinabon the place he went to AFTER BB ended? Or should that be 'back to' ???

Yes but America is a big place and he has been given a new identity before.

He's obviously not going to stay in cinnabon forever...... Although the current CEO in real life worked her way up from working on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I am shocked at some of the questions people are asking on here. Are yee actually watching the show? It's not that difficult to see what's going on if you're paying attention.

Also, why are some of you looking for hidden meanings that aren't there. Kim is just paranoid with the Bank's application after the comments from the girl she met from the bank (can't remember her name right now!) made about her previous law firm. I think it's just there to show the difference between her and Saul, their attitudes are so different and it will eventually end them, not to mention that it seems she is feeling guilty about how they got Mesa Verde Bank as clients, you can see how it's making her uneasy. I'd be more worried about her confessing than Saul's (Jimmy) brother releasing his confession publicly.

Love the show by the way. The slow pace doesn't bother me at all once I am enjoying the dialogue, relationships, character development etc. Also, if it's anything like Breaking Bad, which of course it is, then everything that's said will all matter come the end of the show, probably everything that happens is there for a reason and no episode of dialogue would be just "filler".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I forgot how good it us! It's shot so well and the music is perfect. It really keeps you interested and thinking for the whole duration. Good story, clever plot that makes you think - without over complicating it, and a little bit of humour thrown in at the right place and right time.

Can't wait for next week. Fring surely behind the tracking and Mike will end up doing his thing for him soon. Poor Ernesto getting dragged into Chuck vs Jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Fantastic episode !!
    Proper TV after that car crash Homeland season.
    I love how it´s filmed , the scenes with Mike and the car - great !

I was hoping to see Gus though, I hope they don't drag it out and have him appear in ep10 ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

why did person take the tracker and not just replace the battery

Advertisement