Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

why did person take the tracker and not just replace the battery

Because it's quicker and less suspicious.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

chops018 wrote: »
    I am shocked at some of the questions people are asking on here. Are yee actually watching the show? It's not that difficult to see what's going on if you're paying attention.

Also, why are some of you looking for hidden meanings that aren't there. Kim is just paranoid with the Bank's application after the comments from the girl she met from the bank (can't remember her name right now!) made about her previous law firm. I think it's just there to show the difference between her and Saul, their attitudes are so different and it will eventually end them, not to mention that it seems she is feeling guilty about how they got Mesa Verde Bank as clients, you can see how it's making her uneasy. I'd be more worried about her confessing than Saul's (Jimmy) brother releasing his confession publicly.

Love the show by the way. The slow pace doesn't bother me at all once I am enjoying the dialogue, relationships, character development etc. Also, if it's anything like Breaking Bad, which of course it is, then everything that's said will all matter come the end of the show, probably everything that happens is there for a reason and no episode of dialogue would be just "filler".

You can't remember Paige's name? Have you ever even watched TV before? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Would love to see Ernesto do a Keyser Soze and start walking down the street, shake off that nerd image, light a cigarette and get picked up in a cool car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

You can't remember Paige's name? Have you ever even watched TV before? :rolleyes:

Right after I hit post I said in my head that someone will probably knock me on that. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Would love to see Ernesto do a Keyser Soze and start walking down the street, shake off that nerd image, light a cigarette and get picked up in a cool car.

Just watching last night Ernesto really reminds me of Ty from Arsenal Fan TV :D:D

claude-ty-argue-after-arsenal-be.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

chops018 wrote: »
    Right after I hit post I said in my head that someone will probably knock me on that. :P

Of course, it is boards after all.

Was a slow episode but I did enjoy it. I too was a bit lost with the petrol cap tracker part after Mike discovered it.

Of course, it is boards after all.

Was a slow episode but I did enjoy it. I too was a bit lost with the petrol cap tracker part after Mike discovered it.

The thing that confused me was the radio, then I was thinking it was transmitting audio and he was fooling it ... didn't realise it was just to drain the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Kim thinking of making errors purposefully to make Chuck look less of an idiot. She knows there is more to that story and deep down feels responsible is the feeling I'm getting from that scene. Jimmy with the receding hairline in the flash forward scene stood out for me he's got a lot more hair as a lawyer than a store manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only thing I didn't like was the navy captain guy. Over acted to the point that he looked and sounded like he was about to cry at any moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Penn wrote: »
    Only thing I didn't like was the navy captain guy. Over acted to the point that he looked and sounded like he was about to cry at any moment.

Strange scene alright - I actually thought he looked a lot like Tom Cruise from Top Gun

Great episode, loved the whole transmitter story. Mike is a class character, just filming him sitting there eating nuts by the window was better viweing than the whole first season of Designated Survivor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

De Bhál wrote: »
    Strange scene alright - I actually thought he looked a lot like Tom Cruise from Top Gun

Great episode, loved the whole transmitter story. Mike is a class character, just filming him sitting there eating nuts by the window was better viweing than the whole first season of Designated Survivor.

Yeah, Mike is great. His ending in BB is all the sadder when you take in his backstory in BCS.

I hope we don't have to wait a full season to catch up with present-day Jimmy. I assume we're working up to something more than a fatal heart-attack at Cinnebon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ernesto already drives an EVO8, hardly a nerdmobile... :pac:

Anyone else notice the really loud background noise? The early scenes with Chuck and Jimmy as well as Jimmy with Kim in their offices during the day. It was like they had another microphone specifically picking up street noise? I found it a bit off-putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

jooksavage wrote: »
    I hope we don't have to wait a full season to catch up with present-day Jimmy. I assume we're working up to something more than a fatal heart-attack at Cinnebon.

I predict he finds some avenue to work in some legal-related area and the world changes from black & white to colour.....just like the wizard of Oz!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Because it's quicker and less suspicious.
    and very convenient for the story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Rumour is that Ernesto is Gus's son.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Holy smokes!

Well that may explain the car and his similar-ish mannerism

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think this is done on purpose -
    That mad Breaking Bad Colour wheel
    http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Color

Blue = Symbolism: Loyalty, power, sadness, purity, water, sky, coldness

In the Navy captain's case the blue he was wearing means loyalty and purity.

I think it was over-egged on purpose, to show how sincere and pure he was, in contrast to Jimmy.

Also the office that Jimmy and Kim share is painted yellow with green on the jambs of the door.

Yellow = Symbolism: Methamphetamine, optimism, pleasure, caution, cowardice, fear, pseudo-toughness

Green = Greed, money, growth, envy

The "Always on the high horse!" comment from jimmy is supposedly meant to be Jimmy thinking of Chuck

According to Telegraph reviewer-
    https://uk.style.yahoo.com/better-call-saul-season-3-070000106.html

I also could not help but notice that Jimmy stopped painting and left half of the rainbow on the wall.
    I am sure some genius can give a better explanation of that then me!?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

dinorebel wrote: »

Jayus that is a great call.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

and very convenient for the story

Not really. It would be sloppy and unprofessional for a pro criminal to fiddle around in the dark outside Mike's house taking the petrol cap apart to change the battery. Swapping the whole thing takes a few seconds and also eliminates the possibility of there being some other fault with the sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Seems like the most obvious thing in the world when you read it but never crossed my mind :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    On the face of if she's completely paranoid about making a typo and messing up her big clients application for a banking license.

But maybe I'm missing something more subtle.

I think there is more to it. Just a good bit of emphasis on it, seemed to me she was doing something dodgey

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Ernesto already drives an EVO8, hardly a nerdmobile... :pac:

Anyone else notice the really loud background noise? The early scenes with Chuck and Jimmy as well as Jimmy with Kim in their offices during the day. It was like they had another microphone specifically picking up street noise? I found it a bit off-putting.

I kept fiddling with my headphones thinking they were on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

That was a strange scene.
    Kinda fizzled out. I'm sure it has significance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dunno if that really requires spoilers, but anyway.
    I think he is far too black to be his son, would be a very strange choice of actor, unless his mother is supposed to be extremely black. If he had a son, who was a lawyer you would think it would have been at least referenced in BB. This is only 6 years before, if he ends up killed in BCS it also would likely have been referenced in BB.

It seems obvious to me that Gus will be in contact with Mike, and this is how Saul will have known about him, when putting Walt in touch with Gus Saul says something like he "knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy...". Would be a strange coincidence for Saul to have been buddies with his son too.

I thought Chucks plan was to have the tape played or somehow made known to the former clients, they would possibly ditch Kim leaving her hating Saul. I guess he thinks Ernesto might inform Saul.

I like the car dismantling scene, but wondered why he would not have some sort of scanner thing, sure even James Bond had one in the 60's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

rubadub wrote: »

I like the car dismantling scene, but wondered why he would not have some sort of scanner thing, sure even James Bond had one in the 60's :)

He probably does but the car wasnt his. Was Only going to be used for the kill so More likely was Robbed or bought cheap. So he was only going to bring what he needed for the kill. Toolbox was either already in the car and he's keeping it or it was the scrap yard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I love it, and didn't want it to end, but I really hope we get some movement this season on SAUL. If they slow ball it with Chuck playing mind games all season I think it'll suffer. At the end of last season I think most of us thought "ok that's it, no coming back from that one Jimmy".

But now we hear the tape is worthless, so have to wait and see what Chuck has planned by drip feeding the info to Ernesto.

It's a cut above most tv but I do think it needs to be careful of crossing the "milking it for all it's worth" line.

I love it, and didn't want it to end, but I really hope we get some movement this season on SAUL. If they slow ball it with Chuck playing mind games all season I think it'll suffer. At the end of last season I think most of us thought "ok that's it, no coming back from that one Jimmy".

But now we hear the tape is worthless, so have to wait and see what Chuck has planned by drip feeding the info to Ernesto.

It's a cut above most tv but I do think it needs to be careful of crossing the "milking it for all it's worth" line.

Exactly, the chuck arc needs to end ASAP, and Gus needs to get into it .

I just hope Gus isn't left untill late on in the season - which I fear will be ..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

He probably does but the car wasnt his. Was Only going to be used for the kill so More likely was Robbed or bought cheap.
    Yeah, it looked like a clapped out banger, but I was thinking more of his time, he appeared to be working on it for hours.

I can see there are devices to do it, so not just a "james bond invention"

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/category/counter+surveillance/gps+detectors.do

or if he did not have one would go to some lad with one, he doesn't appear short of cash. But it made for a great scene all the same.

I was not clear to me what happened with the vet guy, it looked like Mike wrote down the model number of the tracker and asked him to get one. Was this supposed to be an identical coded replica, rather than one of the same model?

I am guessing it was, otherwise why not just enter the code into google and buy one himself. I also guess its a perfect replica otherwise if the guys who planted it stick a new battery in it would not work on their scanner.

I see the scripts here
    http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/episode_scripts.php?tv-show=better-call-saul-2015
    [Car door shuts] 3:30 in the morning? Seriously? [Paper rustling] You get me that? [Sighs] I don't know. - It's a real thing? - Yeah. Then, yeah. I know someone who can get it. - How much? - [Scoffs] What do I look like RadioShack? It's gonna cost you whatever it costs me, plus my end. Well, let's start with that. Normally, be about $500, but seeing that this is an after-hours house call, let's make it a grand. Hey, how's the pup? Doing okay? Yeah. She's not being left alone all day, is she? - She's got plenty of company. - Good. Hey, uh, this is gonna take me a few days, so I'll let you know. And next time, let's try to make business happen during business hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Its obvious that Gus wont come out easy, from promos seems similar scenario like Wault was sitting in the dinner all day before approaching him imagine happening maybe before closing credits, if they push it slow.
    Since we know that Gus has his own revenge on Hector form BB series and how careful he was with cartel, thus no surprise he prevented Mike from sniping him out since that would draw attention on Gus as main target, as story line goes.

Francesco at end of s02 said he called Jimmy and when he asked why he lied he said he was his friend, so seems Chuck has that figured out, and using him as bait since he mentions its private and his job on the line if it was to get out.

But Chuck has still a lot of backstory as seen in season two there was scene where he was all fine with his wife ? and Jimmy coming over for dinner,blaming him on fathers debt and death,and then their mother dying and last words were Jimmy which chuck was mad to hear.

So while Saul is been tried to make look bad for cutting corners i think them gaps if filled actually will provide Chuck being wrong and always blaming Jimmy, either before or after Jimmy loses it and goes to fry Chucks brain somehow.

Think pilot entering his office was funny scene, but its the words that wheel will turn on you, i think that was the message coming to Jimmy for him doing things his way that was implied whats to come for his actions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

rubadub wrote: »
    Yeah, it looked like a clapped out banger, but I was thinking more of his time, he appeared to be working on it for hours.

I can see there are devices to do it, so not just a "james bond invention"

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/category/counter+surveillance/gps+detectors.do

I am guessing it was, otherwise why not just enter the code into google and buy one himself. I also guess its a perfect replica otherwise if the guys who planted it stick a new battery in it would not work on their scanner.

/url]

I'm not sure about this, if they were both transmitting the same frequency then when he turned on the monitor he should be getting 2 red dots on the screen.

Advertisement