Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

its simpler then that, once you see the case once Mike gets it, and its almost if not military grade device.he wanted same model since he went out straight away after them,thus whoever puts new batteries in it will see they got tricked.

Kim thinking of making errors purposefully to make Chuck look less of an idiot. She knows there is more to that story and deep down feels responsible is the feeling I'm getting from that scene. Jimmy with the receding hairline in the flash forward scene stood out for me he's got a lot more hair as a lawyer than a store manager.

That's what I got from Kim during that scene too. From Kim talking to Paige at Mesa Verde beforehand, it's clear that HHM's previously golden reputation has taken a hit and is a bit of a laughing stock in business circles.

Kim is ambitious, but more than that she has a finely tuned moral compass. Winning Mesa Verde's business the way she did isn't sitting well with Kim. Add to that the fact that now her former employers' reputation took a hit because of it, of course she not only feels responsible but also indebted to them for her part in their current situation.

To someone like Jimmy, the deed was no problem and if Jimmy is having trouble sleeping at night, it has nothing to do with HHM's problems (unless they will affect Jimmy). Kim is different, sure she has the Mesa Verde contract and maybe should look forward now rather than back, but she can't do that.

Kim isn't going to go to Mesa Verde about Jimmy's scheme which landed her the contract - To be honest, if she thought she was only harming herself in doing that, I think she would tell them. The fact that she knows it will be the end of Jimmy too means that somehow she can't do that to him - Anyway, Kim won't directly own up to help HHM, but I can still see her trying to help HHM spare their blushes in any way that she innocently can.

In that scene with her being indecisive at the computer, I think she was contemplating putting a typo into her own document. Why? To show that HHM aren't totally incompetent as a firm, and mistakes can happen among expert professionals.

Now, of course this doesn't cover for Chuck freaking out in court last season about how adamant he was that he hadn't made a mistake, but it helps the HHM firm overall IMO. Chuck's aggressive plea can be explained with a "You know Chuck, he's had issues for years" but HHG's reputation from before the mistake could be restored.

But if Kim inserted a typo to her own documents, would she not be running the risk of losing Mesa Verde's business herself? 1) Maybe she feels that MV wouldn't go to the bother of changing representation, yet again, or 2) Kim was obviously very torn in that scene, maybe she didn't care if it meant losing their business but felt that what she was trying to accomplish was worth the risk.

Anyway, great episode, I'm very happy to have this show back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

So...the trackers.
    Mike wanted to run the battery dead so the guys come and switch it. What if they just switched the battery and not the tracker?
    Also, I don't believe that they can just swap trackers like that. Surely each one is unique? Would all trackers not show up on the mapping device?
    Maybe I'm just being pedantic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    So...the trackers.
    Mike wanted to run the battery dead so the guys come and switch it. What if they just switched the battery and not the tracker?
    Also, I don't believe that they can just swap trackers like that. Surely each one is unique? Would all trackers not show up on the mapping device?

as said earlier, it's quicker to switch the petrol cap than switch the battery. Look how long it takes to take the cover off the petrol cap, you can't be at that craic on the side of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

So...the trackers.

They could have just changed the battery but He guessed that they would probably swap out the whole tracker, It makes allot more sense as swapping the caps would only take a few seconds as swapping the battery would take alot longer.

The monitor will only track the trackers it's programmed to track.

• Advertisement

The monitor will only track the trackers it's programmed to track.

How is the bad guy's tracker unit tracking Mike's new tracker so?

Or does it not matter as Mike hasn't really moved since he ran it down?

How is the bad guy's tracker unit tracking Mike's new tracker so?

Or does it not matter as Mike hasn't really moved since he ran it down?

Mike is tracking his tracker to follow them, the bad guys are tracking the replacement they put in Mike's car which he threw behinf the wall to make it look like he's not moving - so he's driving after them with no petrol cap in the car if that makes it clearer

Gotcha.

So Mike has left both of their trackers at his house. He follows his own. Only thing would be if they went to use Mike's replacement again and discovered it wasn't theirs. But I'm sure they won't get that far!

Got it now. Sorry for the dumb questions.

Just noticed on Reddit people getting a lot of stick for not understanding this!

Gotcha.

So Mike has left both of their trackers at his house. He follows his own. Only thing would be if they went to use Mike's replacement again and discovered it wasn't theirs. But I'm sure they won't get that far!

Just noticed on Reddit people getting a lot of stick for not understanding this!

yeah, that's it. He drained one and binned it and the replacement is behind the wall back at his house. The one he bought is in the petrol cap they took from his car.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have forgotten much of s2. Happy with the opener. Mike's persistence paid off. As usual, it feels different to every other show on TV and I can't put my finger on why. That's Vince Gillian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Gotcha.

It's going to be resolved pretty quickly.
    Mike will only be able to track his substituted tracker until the bad guys switch out the 'flat' battery and find that it's not actually their device.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Is it Gus tracking him, or just someone who will lead him to Gus?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Have forgotten much of s2. Happy with the opener. Mike's persistence paid off. As usual, it feels different to every other show on TV and I can't put my finger on why. That's Vince Gillian.

I think it is because it is not crash bang wallop 'soap opera' pace.
    The writing is great which gives the characters depth and the actor's don't over act (except the army captain fella - but I think that was done on purpose to make him seem like the boy scout type).

It feels like has a real life pace to it they are not afraid to throw in mundane stuff the characters have to do in thier daily lives, now and again.

Altogether it is a very believable show most of the time and you do not have to suspend your disbelief too much.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Is it Gus tracking him, or just someone who will lead him to Gus?

I would say he is tracking one of Gus's minions, who did not want the hit done on hector because of xyz reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Gotcha.

OK basically there's a chicken, a fox and some chicken feed.... Mike needs to bring all 3 cross the river without any shenanigans....:pac:

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    OK basically there's a chicken, a fox and some chicken feed.... Mike needs to bring all 3 cross the river without any shenanigans....:pac:

That would be some meme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

For me its that most other shows are about a story line - the 'arc'.

This show is about getting inside a characters head. We know the end game, the puzzle is how do we get there. How does this person become that person. That's how I'd see it anyways.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

it was great episode,hopefully Jimmy will stick it hard to Chuck for betrayal, id guess we will see what drove chuck to become mental about electricity given reference from Jimmy.

other half of show will concentrate on Mike since seems Gus isnt easily gonna come out.

Since seems angle now will be Jimmy dealing with legal consequences and mike with Gus until that will settle id imagine most season will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Pretty solid episode. Looking forward to them going into the Gus stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Good episode on the Mike front. Good tension when he was out in the sticks. Thought he was going to be set up for an ambush in the desert.

The Chuck-Jimmy stuff is ok but kind of want to see the back of Chuck at this stage. He's just too annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Another enjoyable episode. Like how they brought Gus in

Shane St. wrote: »
    Another enjoyable episode. Like how they brought Gus in

Yeah with a bit of subtlety in the background in 'plain sight'.

I love the way they add in those little touches.

The bit where Jimmy was moving the brown tape slowly down the wall like the way Chuck wanted the silver foil taken off the walls.

I also can't help wondering how long it will be until Jimmy calls Francesa 'Honey Tits'?

Also when they were in the Los Pollos restaurant were a few of the Hispanic women workers from 'the laundry' in Breaking Bad.

Or was I just imagining that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Really enjoyed that one. Not much dialogue but it didn't require it. Enjoying season 3 more than 2 at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

That was pretty epic. Suuuurely that's the end of Jimmy McGill.

And what a bollix Gus is :D Although Christ Jimmy is the worst undercover surveillance officer of all time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

That whole restaurant scene is a masterclass of direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Yes

This was a game changing ep

More than a tinge of BB to this one - not just the obvious (gus) bits, but also with the tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

And what a bollix Gus is :D Although Christ Jimmy is the worst undercover surveillance officer of all time!
    I thought it was really odd that he did not mention Gus to Mike, obviously he doesn't know his name but I thought he would mention him, and then I thought Mike would sketch him out and cop on he is really the main guy.

He was listing small details and being a scam artist himself you would think he would be on the lookout for anyone being able to slip something or do something with another person without obvious direct contact. Also sounds like he went over it several times.
    - MIKE: Tell me again. -
    JIMMY: Jesus. How many ways you want me to say it?
    MIKE: Just tell me what you saw.
    JIMMY: He came in, like you said he would. He ordered the number three with potatoes and coffee went bold with the extra salsa and he paid cash out of his left front pocket. Took his tray of food, sat in a booth on the east side of the restaurant and put the knapsack on the floor. Where on the floor? Under his seat, between his legs. Nobody touched it. He didn't talk to anybody. He didn't even look at anybody. Finished his meal in five minutes tops, and skedaddled. Didn't leave anything behind. - And you're sure of that? - I literally checked the trash can. There was nothing in there but trash.

Read more: http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=better-call-saul-2015&episode=s03e02

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Jimmy - Francesca does that look straight to you (gesturing at the wexler McGill logo).

Francesca - not really , that bit there .

Jimmy - look at that , I'm a little crooked

Gotta love the wordplay .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I say it every time but it's shot so well and the music is perfect!

So many little details that really make it stand out

Advertisement