Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

When Chuck was talking to the lawyer woman I thought the bit about the key sounded important.
    Did your brother ever have a key to the house? Before the recent trouble, he did.
    He brought me my groceries and sundries.
    But we had a falling-out.
    I have an employee who does all that now.
    You took away your brother's key when you hired this employee? I changed the locks.
    I don't intend to take it easy on your brother just because he's a lawyer.
    Of course not.
    The bone of contention is going to be the felony breaking and entering.
    Your brother's gonna want to plead down to a misdemeanor, but I'll hold the line on the felony.

So sounds like Jimmy could argue he was unaware the locks were changed and broke in thinking it was OK, or that he was unaware he was not welcome and was worried about Chuck.

They keep repeating that the B&E felony is the serious thing.
    What does she want you to confess to? All of it.
    The felony B and E.
    Uh, misdemeanor petty assault and property damage.
    I never touched him, but they got assault in there.
    Well, could be worse.
    What's his game? One condition of the PPD is that my written confession is immediately submitted to the New Mexico Bar Association.
    Your written felony confession.
    So I figured I'd plea the charges down to a couple misdemeanors, get a censure, and maybe a little suspension, but a confession to a felony? Grounds for disbarment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I never picked up on what happened to his wife/partner we saw in a previous flashback. It seems Chuck was in a happy relationship

They never elaborated on it they just left people guessing so far

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Rebecca_McGill

But if his wife found him overly serious when he was well, who knows what she thought when he was 'sick' ?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

rubadub wrote: »
    I didn't think anybody was aware there was drugs on the step. It's not like the cops were rubbing their fingers in anything or taking swabs. Unless I missed something? The dog just stopped and sat down, giving an indication something is in the truck, the dog was not even sniffing the steps or anything, its like you see in those customs programs, he sat down and the 2 customs guys say "we have something". So I thought the dog just indicated which lead them to do a full search.

I thought that was the whole point, to leave a trace amount on it, rather than stash some bag of coke which would be brought up in court. For all Hector knows they just have a very good dog, or for some other reason decided to do a full search.

Maybe I missed something though, as I also missed out on it being cocaine, are people sure it was? or just presuming. It did not look particularly white in the bag. Are Hector & Gus both just dealing coke at this stage, and not meth?

Yeah that's all true enough. Again though, it just leaves Hector with no idea as to how they were caught considering they likely have enough procedures in place to make sure the drugs always go through with no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

rubadub wrote: »
    When Chuck was talking to the lawyer woman I thought the bit about the key sounded important.

So sounds like Jimmy could argue he was unaware the locks were changed and broke in thinking it was OK, or that he was unaware he was not welcome and was worried about Chuck.

They keep repeating that the B&E felony is the serious thing.
    In most states the B&E itself isn't a felony; what makes it a felony is the intent once entered - I presume they're either relying on the assault of Chuck or the (attempted) theft of the tape.

That's why the fire-poker was a specific point made which Chuck brushed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Ooooh I had to stop and think there at the end!

Bingo!
    They got him to write that Jimmy destroyed his personal property and then admitted that it was just a duplicate. I bet Kim had a recorder on her!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Slydice wrote: »
    Ooooh I had to stop and think there at the end!

Bingo!
    They got him to write that Jimmy destroyed his personal property and then admitted that it was just a duplicate. I bet Kim had a recorder on her!

What difference would it make? The 2 dollar tape is Chuck's regardless of whether it's the original or duplicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

We'll see what difference it makes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Since Jimmy and Kim seemed happy at the end about the tape being played in court I'm guessing that they had Mike replace the tape with another recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Since Jimmy and Kim seemed happy at the end about the tape being played in court I'm guessing that they had Mike replace the tape with another recording.

Not sure about that. She wanted to get Chuck to admit he had a copy. Doesn't make sense to do that if Mike had already changed the tape. Plus in the diner Mike would have handed over the tape. He wouldn't know the exact type of cassette to swap.

I read a theory that chuck having copied the tape will be used to show that he conspired to bait jimmy into stealing the tape.

Chuck patronises Kim that she doesn't know the bar association requires lower level of proof in its cases. I'm guessing that will come back to bite him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah it's surely something to do with entrapment but it was certainly one of the more confusing episodes!!

At least it seems ding ding gets created by Gus!

I gotta say I'm kinda disappointed we're heading for a courtroom with Chuck. I really think he's reached his sell by date.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Probably an argument to be made that the damage to property isn't material because the content of the tape wasn't destroyed. And the duplication shows premeditated entrapment. Also suspect that Mike's photos will show the hinges were loosened or something, to make sure Jimmy was able to kick the door in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Where are you people watching this?? Is aint on my netflix!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Alongside entrapment, could copying evidence be considered tampering with it? Be a hard time convincing which is the original, copying something can be done with a bias then!

Mushy wrote: »
    Alongside entrapment, could copying evidence be considered tampering with it? Be a hard time convincing which is the original, copying something can be done with a bias then!

Yeah, can't prove its the original, and that it wasn't edited. I'd say Kim recorded that chat with Chuck and Howard, and the lower burden of proof and evidence will see her Jimmy off. Maybe even get Chuck in trouble...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

the bar association hearing is a professional ethics, fitness to practice type hearing. Jimmy admitting on the tape he tampered with the documents is highly unethical and chuck wants that to be used to strike him off as a lawyer.

If jimmy and Kim can show chuck behaved unethically he'll have to withdraw his complaint against jimmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

ardinn wrote: »
    Where are you people watching this?? Is aint on my netflix!!

It's on Netflix, but not highlighted as it usually is, I needed​ to go search for it today.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Whoooooooo
    Gus back in full effect, best episode so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭dasdog

The significance of the photo of the Financial Times with a lantern has me stumped. And there were duplicates of all photos with thirds mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Love Gus, glad to see him in this season. Been excellent so far.

Mike is the best character in any show at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

dasdog wrote: »
    The significance of the photo of the Financial Times with a lantern has me stumped. And there were duplicates of all photos with thirds mentioned.

Rule of thirds is a photography concept about shot composition. Jimmy was basically poking Mike for the photos not being very artistic :pac:

• Advertisement

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    the bar association hearing is a professional ethics, fitness to practice type hearing. Jimmy admitting on the tape he tampered with the documents is highly unethical and chuck wants that to be used to strike him off as a lawyer.

If jimmy and Kim can show chuck behaved unethically he'll have to withdraw his complaint against jimmy.

The fitness to practice thing will come in to it. Chuck can easily be painted as unhinged.

I figured that Jimmy and Kim were going to deny anything to do with the tape and claim it as fraudulent. They are going to claim he destroyed the door and nothing more. Jimmy said that specifically in his apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

It's on Netflix, but not highlighted as it usually is, I needed​ to go search for it today.

Tisnt - I only have seasons 1 + 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Think he meant the other "netflix".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

I watched it on Irish Netflix last night, via Vodafone TV/Broadband, I don't pay for any VPN style service.

I think leaving oil lamps on top of old newspapers can be used to show that Chuck is clearly mental, and not able to look after himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I watched it on Irish Netflix last night, via Vodafone TV/Broadband, I don't pay for any VPN style service.

I think leaving oil lamps on top of old newspapers can be used to show that Chuck is clearly mental, and not able to look after himself.

Yeah, that's what I assumed also, that photo is proof, in some ways, that Chuck is a danger to himself, and is the reason Jimmy felt he had to kick the door in.

Loved the whole scene by the pool with the money bundles, Hector was great in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Nice to finally get to fix something, ha ha ha. Love Mike he's a funny ducker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

The opening shot was so reminiscent of BrBa, under the pool.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Are you in Ireland? I don't see how you could have different content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Season 3 is definitely available in Ireland, ask their support?

Advertisement