Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    True but it does get tiresome when a thread is filled full of people asking silly questions and other people fabricating stories to answer them.

I did enjoy the True Detective threads though where people were trying to connect all the dots as if it was a show that was going to tie up everything neatly for them at the end.

Lost started off all this crap where people want every little thing to have meaning and/or be explained to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

We're just discussing who might show. Jesse is in nappies. Walt is teaching chemistry to bored kids. So no chance there apart from maybe a comedy cameo unrelated to a major plotline.
    Mike's arrived. Gus or at least the hint of his presence is a definite. Hank might appear on the sidelines. Other than that they have a blank canvas. But Mike and Gus have so many questions left unanswered.
    And what has a long-winded disaster like Lost got to do with a tightly scripted masterpiece like BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Spotted this on a phone box, a stones throw away from the door of Mountjoy prison :D

Ak_AW0_I8_Maq_Z_V7_Cfbr_LHiyhq_H_m_ZEc2bioa_lj_Jnbj_CV.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Apparently if you call the number you get his voice mail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Standman wrote: »
    Spotted this on a phone box, a stones throw away from the door of Mountjoy prison :D

Ak_AW0_I8_Maq_Z_V7_Cfbr_LHiyhq_H_m_ZEc2bioa_lj_Jnbj_CV.jpg

That is the best outdoor marketing Ive seen in Ireland in a LONG time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,635 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wow there are phone boxs still going.

I really can't remember the last time I saw one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Better Call Saul.

Different from Breaking Bad, but the same. I loved the first two episodes and am delighted it's an episode a week because there is plenty to discuss!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Better Call Saul.

Different from Breaking Bad, but the same. I loved the first two episodes and am delighted it's an episode a week because there is plenty to discuss!

Agreed. It wouldnt have worked in a "Netflix dumps all episodes together" format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

We're just discussing who might show. Jesse is in nappies. Walt is teaching chemistry to bored kids.

Actually I don't think it's that far back. Six years before Breaking Bad as I understand it. Jesse is probably in late primary or maybe early secondary school ("junior high"?). I think it would be kind of cool if they could find an 11 or 12 year old kid who looks like a younger version of Aaron Paul & give him a couple of scenes for the hell of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

What year was breaking bad set in because I saw this was set on 2002.

Why are people getting conclusions that Jessie would be kid? He always looked to me to be in the mid twenties

I checked he was born in 1984 so he's 18 at the time that this is on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

watched this the other day, really impressed :D can't wait for next week now

I think Jesse was supposed to be a year or two out of secondary school at the start of BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

The fact that Mike has chosen a job that involves sitting on his ass, reading time, making people's life a misery is apt and something I would do too. The fact that it is the carpark of the courthouse and not the waffle house makes me think he is watching some cars a little more intently than others.

I'm slightly confused by this... explain.

Custardpi wrote: »
    I think Jesse was supposed to be a year or two out of secondary school at the start of BB.

No he'd be 24 at the start of BB.

That's the age Aaron Paul would have been, always thought the character Jesse was younger than that though.

Keyzer wrote: »
    I'm slightly confused by this... explain.

Mike has a deep interest in the legal system and in particular those who contribute information to it.

That's the age Aaron Paul would have been, always thought the character Jesse was younger than that though.

Like I said

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Pinkman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Not sure what the correct TV lingo is here, but I found myself feeling a bit weary during both the montage detailing his public defender merry go round and the breadstick bit. These were very Breaking Bad in their style but I feel like it's a bit overdone by this stage. Let's try something new. I hope there isn't a lot more montages (or whatever) in the same style throughout the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

The fact that Mike has chosen a job that involves sitting on his ass, reading time, making people's life a misery is apt and something I would do too. The fact that it is the carpark of the courthouse and not the waffle house makes me think he is watching some cars a little more intently than others.
    wasn't he fired as a cop and he's just doing a crappy job

Think the point being made is that he has chosen that particular "crappy job" rather than another because it could give him access to information & opportunities to meet people which could be useful for an aspiring criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Madness ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    A show as good as that shouldnt be fast forwarded anywhere ;)

Im saving up my rewatch for another year or so to let the memories of it become a little more hazy.

I'd agree bar 2 scenes - the Happy Birthday Mr. President (S3 somewhere)& Hand job scene from s01e01 - Cringeworthy.

Started the rewatch yesterday of BB, so much I forgot about the 1st couple episodes, Walt & Jessie chemistry is so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

the_monkey wrote: »
    I'd agree bar 2 scenes - the Happy Birthday Mr. President (S3 somewhere)& Hand job scene from s01e01 - Cringeworthy.

I totally agree, especially the "Mr. President" scene. Can't watch it. I can't watch any scene in any show that imitates that. In fact, I even have trouble watching the original Marilyn footage.

Walt feeling up Skyler under the table at the PTA meeting makes me squirmy too, and not in a good way! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Think the point being made is that he has chosen that particular "crappy job" rather than another because it could give him access to information & opportunities to meet people which could be useful for an aspiring criminal.
    nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    I totally agree, especially the "Mr. President" scene. Can't watch it. I can't watch any scene in any show that imitates that. In fact, I even have trouble watching the original Marilyn footage.

Walt feeling up Skyler under the table at the PTA meeting makes me squirmy too, and not in a good way! :pac:

You have just reminded me of another scene in The Sopranos when an old (70's) woman does it for Tony S .... shudders ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

the_monkey wrote: »

Started the rewatch yesterday of BB, so much I forgot about the 1st couple episodes, Walt & Jessie chemistry is so funny.

I decided to introduce my mother and father in law to BB a few years back, I had forgotten about the hand job scene...totes awk I believe is an appropriate modern description for the moment

I decided to introduce my mother and father in law to BB a few years back, I had forgotten about the hand job scene...totes awk I believe is an appropriate modern description for the moment

Yes, the odds are that your mother and father in law are virgins who are liable to be shocked. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Will Better call Saul be on television in Ireland?

No plans for it atm. It's available on Netflix in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

loving it so far.

can anyone clear up if Chuck is Saul/Jimmys brother or father. or other relative. I don't think its been specified in the show yet.
    I'll assume brother as he refers to him as Chuck (with Vince Gilligan you can't really assume anything)

Advertisement