Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

optogirl wrote: »
    I think it's more interest in what is keeping Kim so loyal. It's almost a naivety which is at odds with her professional life. There is definite love there but friends with benefits is probably an accurate description of their relationship. I like the dynamic - it keeps you wondering about where it will go.

I'd say they are in a fairly committed relationship, definitely more than friends with benefits, I reckon that the ambiguity around their relationship stems from the makers of the show and actors involved failing to make the relationship believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

take-the-space-blanket-off-chuck-handbag-tote-bag.jpg

ITXWBG-500x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

I reckon that the ambiguity around their relationship stems from the makers of the show and actors involved failing to make the relationship believable.
    I think you're wide of the mark there. The actors can't make believeable something that is not in the script.

Friends with benefits is definitely how I characterise their relationship. We've seen them share quite intimate moments (Jimmy painting her toenails in the first series, the two of them sharing a bathroom the night before/morning after), wihout ever seeing them naked or even kissing.

I agree with another poster and enjoy the ambiguity of their relationship - in a way it's quite a brave thing for the writers to do; not to get too bogged down into making it something definitive.

serfboard wrote: »
    I think you're wide of the mark there. The actors can't make believeable something that is not in the script.

Friends with benefits is definitely how I characterise their relationship. We've seen them share quite intimate moments (Jimmy painting her toenails in the first series, the two of them sharing a bathroom the night before/morning after), wihout ever seeing them naked or even kissing.

I agree with another poster and enjoy the ambiguity of their relationship - in a way it's quite a brave thing for the writers to do; not to get too bogged down into making it something definitive.

I disagree, I mean they are living together, sleeping in the same bed, I think to call this friends with benefits isn't accurate, How serious they are taking the relationship is debatable but they are definitely more than fcuk buddies.

The makers of the show are clearly being subtle with the interactions between Kim and Jimmy but it's not to create any ambiguity about their relationship status, its them trying to be clever in a less is more sort of way. The problem is it's done so badly in this series that people are left questioning what the hell is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I disagree, I mean they are living together, sleeping in the same bed, I think to call this friends with benefits isn't accurate, How serious they are taking the relationship is debatable but they are definitely more than fcuk buddies.

The makers of the show are clearly being subtle with the interactions between Kim and Jimmy but it's not to create any ambiguity about their relationship status, its them trying to be clever in a less is more sort of way. The problem is it's done so badly in this series that people are left questioning what the hell is going on.

It's not helped by the fact that there's zero chemistry between them either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    It's not helped by the fact that there's zero chemistry between them either.

It's that bad i got to thinking do they not like each other off-screen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,780 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

It's that bad i got to thinking do they not like each other off-screen

The Kim and Jimmy dynamic reminds me of Maura and Daithi on RTE :D

4xcXnNe.jpg

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Liking the debate about Mike and the widow (the coroner from Law and Order: SVU btw). Knew there was something I was missing when Mike made the call to Baseball Card/Pie Pervert Guy.

Agree with the suggestion he didn't want another missing person presumed dead on his conscience.

On a related note the idea of Mike getting some loving is an image I'm not comfortable with :)

Collie D wrote: »

Agree with the suggestion he didn't want another missing person presumed dead on his conscience.

Im not convinced he asked Nacho for one more thing at the end of their meeting, think there might be more to it tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The film crew scrambling to get into the car was a comedy caper shout out, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Mike's head looks like a ball sac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Collie D wrote: »
    Liking the debate about Mike and the widow (the coroner from Law and Order: SVU btw).

Ah, I couldn't figure out where I knew her from, I was even wondering then if she featured in Breaking Bad at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anyone know why there is no episode this week as supposed to be tomorrow but air date is next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Memorial Day holiday in the USA. Most regular shows take a week off.

Makes sense. With bloodline and house of cards out this week I have more than enough to watch in its place

• Registered Users Posts: 18,780 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

irishchris wrote: »
    Makes sense. With bloodline and house of cards out this week I have more than enough to watch in its place

Ah house of cards is collapsing like eh a 'house of cards'.
    It has gone directionless and lost its point really dragged.
    It would be interesting to see if it improves.

In contrast Vince Gilligan seems to know when to end a series.
    Hopefully the Cinebon conclusion will be a good one.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

How do people find the insider podcast? I gave it a shot, it seemed to be much more focussed on the production rather than the plot.

It was a little bit self-conglatatory -"look how great the casting director was at getting these extras"....

Am I being harsh? It had some insight but not a whole lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

steve_r wrote: »
    It was a little bit self-congratulatory -"look how great the casting director was at getting these extras"....
    I haven't been following the BCS podcast but the Breaking Bad podcasts suffered quite a bit from the lovey stuff. They tend to spend a lot of time saying how wonderful their fellow crew members i.e. actors, directors, editors etc are and it became a bit of a mutual admiration society for quite a bit at the expense of any insight into the show. I'm not too surprised if the BCS podcast is the same given that it's largely the same people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭storker

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ah, I couldn't figure out where I knew her from, I was even wondering then if she featured in Breaking Bad at some stage.

She was also one of the Demon wives the The Devil's Advocate and a stewardess in Flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Hands up who went onto netflix to watch next episode today \o. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

There was me avoiding this thread, all for nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Unearthly wrote: »
    Hands up who went onto netflix to watch next episode today \o. :(
    Yep, will put myself in that category. Had to settle for House of Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

FYI Eps 8 has released in Spain apparently...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Doubt that very much, even if it had they'll have a longer wait for the next one!

Doubt that very much, even if it had they'll have a longer wait for the next one!

I can confirm that it has been released in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Does the Spanish release have an option for English audio?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

bajer101 wrote: »
    Does the Spanish release have an option for English audio?

It's in English with Spanish subtitles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Had a quick google there and saw what happened. A licensed broadcaster in Spain aired it. But there doesn't appear to be any streams or downloads of it available, so it is not really a "leak". There are some screenshots available and discussions about the episode, but I've no interest in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Mejor llama a Wilbur Valderama

Advertisement