Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's horses for courses I guess and probably has more to do with me than anything else, when Breaking Bad came out I didn't have any kids and could spend a few hours watching TV every day, now it's a case of trying to make time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Clareman wrote: »
    It's horses for courses I guess and probably has more to do with me than anything else, when Breaking Bad came out I didn't have any kids and could spend a few hours watching TV every day, now it's a case of trying to make time.

Yeah I mean, if they didn't spend those few minutes on such scenes, it's not like the episode would be 2 minutes shorter. They'd probably pad it out with more dialogue which wouldn't really advance anything anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Put the clocks in the house forward an hour, pop the children to bed and away you go :D

I understand though, I found Breaking Bad & The Wire very slow going to begin with - but it's the attention to detail that makes them great rather than a quick, to the point show that spans 15 seasons

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I mean, if they didn't spend those few minutes on such scenes, it's not like the episode would be 2 minutes shorter. They'd probably pad it out with more dialogue which wouldn't really advance anything anyway.

I like the fact that BCS it's set in stone to have 42 minutes running time, the episode length can vary from week to week by 5 minutes if not more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I think there is definitely some tension between Kim and yer wan since Kim snapped at her the other week.

Was nice seeing Howard lose his cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think its the most beautifully shot piece of television ever made

most of the scenes are visually stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Speed it up there Vince - I got kids to feed :-)

I had mixed thoughts on the episode - Not as good as the Chuck meltdown episode for me as that was more a single thread, whereas the most recent was a series of connected vignettes in the Robert Altman school of storytelling. The one loose end for me was that the text of the community servers didn't jump on the bandwagon as Jimmy completely cornered the officer - perhaps they thought he was too expensive!

Overall very enjoyable so far, with some trepidation that it will soon come to an end like all good things

I loved it, but wouldn't the scene where he threw the pills in to Hector's pocket have caused a rattle and alerted Hector? Maybe the noise of the fryer masked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I think its the most beautifully shot piece of television ever made

most of the scenes are visually stunning

LMFAO, praise like this is so OTT. Even the most extremest fan could not objectively say that most of the scenes are visually stunning.

I loved it, but wouldn't the scene where he threw the pills in to Hector's pocket have caused a rattle and alerted Hector? Maybe the noise of the fryer masked it.

Why even risk it? Surely there's a safer way to swap the pills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

LMFAO, praise like this is so OTT. Even the most extremest fan could not objectively say that most of the scenes are visually stunning.

Maybe you need a new TV.

Even my friends who couldn't stand Breaking Bad and find this too slow will admit that they both look amazing.

Maybe you need a new TV.

Even my friends who couldn't stand Breaking Bad and find this too slow will admit that they both look amazing.

Some of the scenes look amazing, but to describe MOST of the scenes as visually stunning is ridiculous.

Why even risk it? Surely there's a safer way to swap the pills.

Yeah I was expecting another method to be honest. After the meticulous preparation the key part of the swap was completely hap hazard.

Yeah I was expecting another method to be honest. After the meticulous preparation the key part of the swap was completely hap hazard.

Mike would not approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,780 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think the two of you are talking at cross purposes.

You might be thinking of the front of a restaurant that looks run of the mill or a bit of sand that looks like a golf course that needs watering?

The other poster is thinking of great cinematic landscaped views, with the sun slightly gleaming off Tuco's gold tooth.

Basically it depends what a person sees or what a person ignores.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I thought the easy option was just to spill the expresso on the floor and drop the pills in during the clean up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

I thought the easy option was just to spill the expresso on the floor and drop the pills in during the clean up

The deed is done. Let's not over-analyze it. :cool:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm enjoying this season the most, so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

el diablo wrote: »
    The deed is done. Let's not over-analyze it. :cool:

Anyone else think the cook seen everything and will become an issue in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

he'd already dropped the money, so the "omg I so clumsy lol" play was already used. A second time would have been fairly sus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

he'd already dropped the money, so the "omg I so clumsy lol" play was already used. A second time would have been fairly sus.

That's my thinking on it too. Being clumsy twice in Hector's presence let alone right beside him would at best annoy the sh*t out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Anyone else think the cook seen everything and will become an issue in the future?

That's what I was tense about, though the fact they didn't show him again in the scene kinda calmed me down. If they do a twist now it'll seem a bit random and Deus Ex Machina.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Hopefully we find out what happened Saul after breaking bad with all the cinnabon scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

I'm going through the latest season of House Of Cards on netflix which was block released. I get more enjoyment out of watching BCS episodes once a week and reading the discussion on here pulling that episode apart.

I could get through 3 episodes of HOC some evenings and I forget a lot of what's going on. It's very political though, so a lot of it is going over my head, this season especially.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Pace seems like linked to the long con vibe going on.

Aesthetics - BB and a touch of the Assassination of Jesse James, imo.

De Bhál wrote: »
    I'm going through the latest season of House Of Cards on netflix which was block released. I get more enjoyment out of watching BCS episodes once a week and reading the discussion on here pulling that episode apart.

I could get through 3 episodes of HOC some evenings and I forget a lot of what's going on. It's very political though, so a lot of it is going over my head, this season especially.

Glad I just saw this post just finished the HOC. I thought it was awful sh*te.
    Riddled with potholes, contrivances, really wooden accent and stuff beyond the bounds of credibility altogether
    It was basically everything Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul is not.

The most plot holes you see in BCS are meant to be there, because there needed to be holes dug by Mike! :D

I think BCS and Breaking Bad have spoiled me. Most other TV dramas are now like a leinster football championship matches to me, predictable....wooden.

The irony is even though we know the future direction of the characters in BCS the writers still manage to create tension and drama!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I was critical of season 2 but loving this season. There is more purpose to whats going on. Even characters like Chuck and Kim who i had no time for I've grown to like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Surely the expresso in the hand was his plan B? If he missed he'd drop the expresso and the noise hide the noise of the pills hitting the floor and then he could drop the pills while he was cleaning up the mess.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Surely the expresso in the hand was his plan B? If he missed he'd drop the expresso and the noise hide the noise of the pills hitting the floor and then he could drop the pills while he was cleaning up the mess.

The espresso was his excuse to get up again. If he had dropped the pills and the espresso then Hector could have seen them as the bottle rolled around the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

What's interesting about watching BCS and re-watching BB at the same time is how Sauls back story dovetails so well into the craziness of BB - currently back watching season 2 episode 11 of BB (the introduction of Gus on Saul's recommendation), where Walter has started to really become Heisenberg - the parallels of metamorphosis are striking, with concepts of need, desire, having no options, and just plain humanity drive the characters towards inexorable self destruction.

I'm hoping Mr. Gilligan has a few other projects stacking up (not necessarily ABQ orientated), so that we don't end up with a drought like the end of all ends like the Sopranos or David Simon's current impasse...

Advertisement